msc

The Deathlist Cup

FIRST ROUND DRAW
(matches to be played 1st-28th February 2017)

1. Young Willz v Captain Chorizo
  2. Maryportfuncity v Morbid Kid
  3. Grim Up North v JoeyRuss
  4. Deathray v Heef
  5. Chopped Liver v Garn2
  6. Shaun of the Dead v Rad Guy
  7. Charon v The Dead Cow
  8. Switch v Rockhopperpenguin
  9. Pedro67 v Jiroemon Kimura
  10. Msc v Gcreptile

Good luck everyone.

• Like 3

And as promised, my team for Round 1 is made public to avoid any conflicts of interest:

Msc team

1. Leah Bracknell
  2. Sara Coward
  3. Errol Christie
  4. Rayya Elias
  5. Catherine Nevin
  6. Lennart Johansson
  7. Bamber Gascoigne
  8. Akihito
  9. Former Pope Benedict XVI
  10. Vera Lynn
  11. Desmond Carrington

Sub

1. Mikhail Gorbachev
  2. Colin Butts
  3. Peter Firman

The rest can be sent to me by PM starting now! Deadline is midnight on the 31st (ie end of January).

An interesting draw!

Edit: I'm a bit drunk at the moment. So I speak freely: I think it's a big disadvantage to post your team. While I considered creating my own deadpool, I thought about how to participate myself in there as well. My solution: To send my team in advance to another universaĺly respected person on this forum. Back then, I thought Rotten Ali would be a good choice.

• Like 1

Any idea how the bracket will work out? Like where each person is specifically place so we know potential opponents in the future?

Any idea how the bracket will work out? Like where each person is specifically place so we know potential opponents in the future?

It's a random draw so the winner of Grim Up North vs Joey Russ, for example, can meet any of the other fifteen qualifiers for Round 2.

• Like 1

An interesting draw!

I made the draw. Then Pedro joined in, so I need to scrap it and re-draw. Both times, I wound up drawn against you! Sometimes you can't avoid fate. Hah.

An interesting draw!

I made the draw. Then Pedro joined in, so I need to scrap it and re-draw. Both times, I wound up drawn against you! Sometimes you can't avoid fate. Hah.

Who was I up against the first time?

Team sent.

Out first round, I'm guessing.

Good luck all!

One question. Were DDT, Spade, and DI receiving byes all coincidence, or are they personally selected by you?

• Like 1

One question. Were DDT, Spade, and DI receiving byes all coincidence, or are they personally selected by you?

no he mentioned giving them passes as they were the highest scores in the derby deadpool. Rover and bib were randomly selected.

no he mentioned giving them passes as they were the highest scores in the derby deadpool. Rover and bib were randomly selected.

He mentioned the idea, but never confirmed, which why I'm asking. And besides, wouldn't CC also be a bye if he did that (he was in second place afterall)? Or is their something I don't know about.

Believe it or not, those were the six names which came up with the List Randomiser. I had thought of "arranging" the byes as suggested by others (which would have been announced of course), but the coincidence tickled me and made that seem unnecessary. Besides, fair play to Rover, not someone I'd immediately think of giving a Bye to, but that's the luck of the draw for you.

• Like 2

If someone somehow doesn't post or pm by the deadline (not saying I want it to happen to mine, I want to win fair and square), then they forfeit, right? And what happens when both somehow doesn't show up?

If someone somehow doesn't post or pm by the deadline (not saying I want it to happen to mine, I want to win fair and square), then they forfeit, right?

Yes.

And what happens when both somehow doesn't show up?

Double disqualification.

Though they will be given several reminders as we get close to the deadline.

Heh, them Byes an interesting coincidence. Shall bask in the spectator's view till March.

I'll be putting on my best tracksuit with initials sewn on to the breast and give my lads a fair old training workout in advance of our first round fixture.

I figure that the harder they work in pre-match training, the less likely they are to make it through the fixture intact.

Mind you, with the age of some of them, perhaps the best way to ensure they don't make it to the end is to not allow them a warm-up in the first place.

• Like 1

Is it too late to enter this?

Hmmm MorbidKid - my team to see him crash out in round one should be with you before morning coffee on Monday

Cheers

• Like 1

David Quantick's Show Pals making the best of their bye round, taking a training camp in the Algarve. Here, Catherine "Irish Black Widow" Nevin arrives at the team hotel, she faces a pre-match fitness test to see if she'll still be alive in March.

CatherineNevin-App.jpg

• Like 2

Don't worry about winning Joey - you're going down muthafucka!

In your dreams!!!! :P

• Like 1

3rd tiebreak = flip of a coin
4th tiebreak if needed = asking my child which team has the cooler name (heh)

On the possibility that the coin balances on its edge, I am considering changing my user name to 'MSC's kid is the coolest kid ever'

The trash talking begins, I see! Awesome.

An interesting draw!

Edit: I'm a bit drunk at the moment. So I speak freely: I think it's a big disadvantage to post your team. While I considered creating my own deadpool, I thought about how to participate myself in there as well. My solution: To send my team in advance to another universaĺly respected person on this forum. Back then, I thought Rotten Ali would be a good choice.

Yeah, I thought it would, but then, I do recall OoO being accused of having the potential to nab other folks picks when he ran the DDP, so if he can be suspected by suspicious deadpoolers, anyone can. I would have asked a trusty DDPer to keep a copy by PM - possibly YW - but truth be told, I completely forgot about that at the time and its a bit late now! :lol:

• Like 1

I'll treat this with my usual lack of diligence, and ram in a late losing effort :)

• Like 1