msc

The Deathlist Cup

1. Young Willz Thistle Do Nicely v Captain Chorizo
  2. Maryportfuncity FC v Morbid Kid
  3. The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) v JoeyRuss
  4. Deathray v Heef
  5. Chopped Liver v Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2)
  6. Shaun of the Dead v Rad Guy
  7. Charon v The Dead Cow
  8. The Cooler Name (Switch) v I Might Have to Pull You Off at Half-Time (Rockhopperpenguin)
  9. Pedro67 v Jiroemon Kimura
  10. Msc v Gcreptile

Young Willz (Stiles, R McCain, Greaves, Manson, F Williams, K Douglas, J Barker, Sansom, Maren, Aznavour, T Baker)

vs

Captain Chorizo (Coward, Christie, Downie, Lakovic, King Michael, Alcala, Singh J, Nevin, Nome O, Corey I, Firpo P)

Maryportfuncity (E Morano, A Ducat, Downie, Booth, R Clark, Coward, Rev Billy, Bracknell, Christie, Al-Baghdadi, Hamilton-Byrne)

vs

MorbidKid (Sumner, Joost, Manson, Bracknell, Coward, Christie, King Michael, Skellern, Booth, Downie, G Campbell)

Grim Up North (Coward, Bracknell, Downie, Joost, Kaufman, Nevin, Aspin, Carrington D, Christie, Magill, D Burns)

vs

Joey Russ (Aspin, Christie, Coward, Downie, K Douglas, K Lynn, L Magill, M McGuinness, King Michael, Nevin C, Joost)

Deathray (Bush Sr, Q Jones*, L Dawn, Kaufman, Downie, Bracknell, Scales, Doherty S, Carter J, S Karl, Klasnic)

vs

Heef (B Portenski, Bracknell, Downie, Coward, Joost, Sumner, James C, Bush Sr, Merrill G, Klasnic, Chakraborty M)

*Michael Jacksons producer, not the comic

Chopped Liver (Rouverol, M Wilson, Douglas Duncan, K Douglas, Foray, KO Gotz, Cleary, B Lewis, N Lloyd, I Corey, V Trimble)

vs

Garn 2 (A Potter, King Michael, Magill, Christie, Coward, Downie, Skellern, Joost, McGuinness M, Nevin, Matthew B)

Shaun of the Dead (Bush Sr, Booth, Stiles, Sumner, James C, Bettencourt, Bracknell, Christie, Downie, Kao CK, Fernandes G)

vs

Rad Guy (Aspin, al-Baghdadi, Bracknell, Bush Sr, Christie, Coward, Downie, G Greenwood, Hankins S, Magill L, Joost)

Charon (Bracknell, Gascoine J, Black J, Shepherd R, Christie, Jones K, Gallagher B, Cope K, Sumner, Ricketts, Vervoort)

vs

The Dead Cow (Coward, Koivisto M, Sumner, Nevin, Magill, Leticia Lula da Silva M, Morano, King Michael, Cook N, Van der Laan E, Midgley)

Switch (McGuinness, Matthew B, King Michael, Skellern, Kit B, Downie, Karl, van Rossem JP, Joost, Zadornov M, Bush Sr)

vs

Rockhopperpenguin (Singh J, Morano, Forsyth, Aspin, Overton, Coward, Gilbert, Hankins, Brown V, Kristal Y, van Zandvliet)

Pedro67 (Joost, Lakovic, Downie, Coward, Elias, Booth, Camm, Hewlett, Clemens J, Coggs Dr G, Friend Lt R)

vs

Jiroemon Kimura (Lakovic, Bracknell, Young A, Mohren C, Downie, Gilbert, Hofer P, Christie, Skellern, Meads, Boles N)

Msc (Bracknell, Coward, Christie, Elias, Nevin, L Johansson, B Gascoigne, Akihito, Benedict XVI, V Lynn, D Carrington)

vs

Gcreptile (Nevin, Coward, Bissessarsingh A, Shteinman AYL, Portenski B, Ryan K, Christie, Murray K, Karunanindhi M, Simmons C, Benedict XVI)

Good luck everyone!

• Like 3

Biggest miss for me is Jay Clark as I decided to pick against him thinking he would only be worth 1 point,but he had no takers.

And here is the draw for Round 2

This allows everyone, including those with a bye, to see their path to the Quarterfinals. It follows the route UEFA used to use for the UEFA Cup draws. "The winner of the tie between FK Teplice and Celtic will meet... the winner of FC Barcelona and FC Jobber Team".

Fairly obviously, no one is putting teams in for the March games yet.

Round 2

(Matches will be played 1st March to the 31st March)

1. Shaun of the Dead or Rad Guy vs Bibliogryphon
  2. Charon or The Dead Cow vs Death Impends
  3. Deathray or Heef vs Chopped Liver or Garn2
  4. Maryportfuncity or Morbid Kid vs Spade Cooley
  5. Young Willz or Captain Chorizo vs Grim Up North or Joey Russ
  6. Switch or Rockhopperpenguin vs DDT
  7. Deadsox vs Pedro67 or Jiroemon Kimura
  8. Roverandout vs msc or gcreptile

Some tough deadpooling competition in Rounds 1 and 2 for anyone to reach the Quarterfinals in April, imo.

• Like 1

Grim, whether it's you or me that wins, we can both agree that Chorizo will be a tough match next time.

Haha Joey - our teams have 7 of the same people in them.

So our match is actually:-

GUN 4 - Kaufmann, Bracknell, D Carrington and D Burns (Man City Fan)

Joey 4 - K Douglas, K Lynn, McGuinness, King Michael

I can't even find any reference to K Lynn in a google search so I'm thinking this is either V Lynn or some local cancer case.

McGuinness would be a unique I think so it's curtains for me if he goes - come on Martin, lots to live for in March - marches, you love a good march!

EDIT: Noticed Masterlist now - obviously not a unique. (still be useful if he lived to March though).

It's Kevin Lynn, an obscure musician who might be famous for being ill.

You each have one unique, though they both seem to be 2 pointers under the FFBI rule at first glance?

Is McGuinness not a unique for Joey? I must have missed him in someone else's team?

Sorry I'm an idiot - I did't scroll up above the draw and see the master list d'oh!!

He's on Garn2's Death Comes to Wembley, and Switch's Cooler Name.

EDIT - These things happen.

Is McGuinness not a unique for Joey? I must have missed him in someone else's team?

Sorry I'm an idiot - I did't scroll up above the draw and see the master list d'oh!!

I thought the unique points only applied to the two teams anyway, and discounted other matches?

Oh sod it, I'll have a go. I've not got the pedigree of some on here, but I've big ambitions. Call me Crawley Town or summat. And I hope the draw's nice to us minnows, I'll save the money-spinning away day for the quarter finals.

Couple of questions: unique picks across all matches or just between the two players in each match? And is it 1 month on, 1 month off or what? I'm just wondering if a match is played across an entire month at what point we get the chance to pick for the next round, or do we start planning ahead in the hope of progression? Small points I know, but still...

1. Unique across the entire cup - ie no other player had them - but only for that round. It resets after each round of the cup. So if, say, you have Jimmy Carter as a unique in Round 1, it's 3 points if he dies. If he doesn't die, and one single person has him in Round 2, it counts as a Round 2 unique. And so on...

1. Young Willz Thistle Do Nicely v Captain Chorizo
  2. Maryportfuncity FC v Morbid Kid 0-0
  3. The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) v JoeyRuss 0-0
  4. Deathray v Heef 0-2
  5. Chopped Liver v Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 0-0
  6. Shaun of the Dead v Rad Guy 0-0
  7. Charon v The Dead Cow 0-0
  8. The Cooler Name (Switch) v I Might Have to Pull You Off at Half-Time (Rockhopperpenguin) 0-0
  9. Pedro67 v Jiroemon Kimura 0-0
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 0-2

And the Cup starts with a bang, and early leads for Gcreptile and Heef!

Straight in there. Shame not to get a unique hit for Bernie. Had no idea that she'd have picked up coverage anywhere other than New Zealand.

I forgot my team name... I guess I won't have one in this round.

Eleven little roosters will be my name

Wikipedia actually has her as dying on the first. Though I wonder if it's one of us (or someone watching us) writing it. Her daughter announced her death on Social media - shortly after it happened, I assume. If she had been a couple of kilometers to the East, she still would have died on the 31st.

A glance around at 2.30am had references to her "dying today" ie the 1st February, given New zealand is about 12 hours ahead of the UK.

A glance around at 2.30am had references to her "dying today" ie the 1st February, given New zealand is about 12 hours ahead of the UK.

Aye, and - s'cuse the pedantry but - day of death is as per local time (the way it is on most deadpools), right?

Aye, and - s'cuse the pedantry but - day of death is as per local time (the way it is on most deadpools), right?

Take that as read, the points are safe.

I was tempted to include a Hewlett Rule ala the Deathrace. One for the future, if there is a future.

Am I right in thinking all my picks fit the fame criteria for two points?

Am I right in thinking all my picks fit the fame criteria for two points?

Yes, but also no.

ie Bettencourt, Fernandes, and Kao are all unique so fit the criteria for three points if any of them die in February.

• Like 1

Number of Uniques per Team

1. Chopped Liver = 9
  2. Young Willz, Charon = 8
  3. Gcreptile = 6
  4. Pedro67,Deathray, The Dead Cow, Rockhopperpenguin, Jiroemon Kimura– 5
  5. MPFC, msc, = 4
  6. SOTD, Chorizo , Switch – 3
  7. Heef - 2
  8. Grim Up nOrth, MorbidKid, Rad Guy, JoeyRuss, garn2 - 1

Will be interesting to see whether the people at the top end or bottom end of that list finish with more points.

You could get 11 uniques by picking some people who were simply not likely to die.

I reckon I wont make the second round.