Heef

Pumping Them Out In The Birthing Pool

I guess this is an idea that is almost diametrically opposite to the Death Pool, not sure how much interest there'll be in it as there's bound to be a lot more luck involved than for the Death Pooling.

What you do is instead pick 20 celebrities who you think will have a child in 2018.

Rules:

1. Teams have to be sent in by 31/03/2017. This ensures that you can't select someone who's already publicly pregnant, or if you do, you'd have to risk an exceptionally late birth.

2. You can pick either the mother or father of the child, but the parent has to be a celebrity.

3. You score points once the celebrity (or celebrity's partner) gives birth.

3. Papers are less likely to report on births than deaths, so you will have to find some corroborative source to support the factual nature of the birth. National newspapers from any country are acceptable as sources, as are their online equivalents.

4. Celebrity is defined by the pick having a Wikipedia page that existed before 1 January 2016 (this can be found on View History on the top right hand corner of a Wikipedia page)

5. You can't pick both likely parents of the same child in the event that both mother and father count as celebrities

6. If there is any public doubt as to the identity of the father of the child, then the pick will be 'lost'

7. Picks must be legal (i.e. the parent must be over the age of consent in their home country)

As a rookie here, I'm happy to take any suggestions on the rules.

Tempted to make it so you get more points for picking older people. Something like:

Age of parent at time of birth:

Mother:

17-30: 10 points

31-35: 15 points

36-40: 20 points

41-50: 40 points

51+: 100 points

Father:

31-40: 15 points

41-50: 20 points

51-60: 40 points

61-70: 70 points

71+: 100 points

That is another interesting pool and like the inverse pool is a little less dark.

• Like 1

Would the age range apply for when the baby is due born when the pregnancy is announced or conception?

Is OK magazine and it's ilk a reliable source for a birth verification? What about ordering the birth certificate of the GRO?

I think we should have a sworn affidavit from the home secretary who had to be present at the birth.

• Like 3

I'm considering taking part but have a couple of questions.

What happens with twins, triplets etc, do we get double, or triple points?

What happens in the event of a still birth?

• Like 1

Also how are we treating surrogate mothers? If the celeb uses a/acts as a surrogate mother do we score points?

• Like 2

I'm considering taking part but have a couple of questions.

What happens with twins, triplets etc, do we get double, or triple points?

What happens in the event of a still birth?

Good question. I think there should be a bonus for additional children being pumped out. Perhaps a 5 point per additional child bonus. I'm thinking restricting this to 5 points regardless of age as I understand multiple births become more likely with age and fertility treatments (which are quite likely to be the source of pregnancy post 40)

The still birth question... Well, that's a bit darker... But a still birth still has to have gone through the birth process, so yes... my view would be that still birth would count whilst abortion or miscarriage wouldn't.

Also how are we treating surrogate mothers? If the celeb uses a/acts as a surrogate mother do we score points?

Another good question. I'd say yes, it should count. I'm open to the idea that using a surrogate should score fewer points, but the idea of scoring for surrogacy makes up-front research more valuable, as there may have been news/articles etc. about a particular celebrity looking to use surrogacy.

Would the age range apply for when the baby is due born when the pregnancy is announced or conception?

When the baby is born. Mainly for pragmatic reasons such as that being much more easy to measure for any of us than trying to find out or work out when conception was, or the more erratic pregnancy announcement.

My entry:

1. Pippa Middleton

2. Michael Phelps

3. Fergie (the one with the humps)

4. Sunny Leone

5. Vanessa Hudgens

6. Kevin Hart

7. Josh Brolin

8. Kate Hudson

9. Morgan Schneiderlin

10. Adele

11. Katherine Jenkins

12. Cameron Diaz

13. Serena Williams

14. Billy Joel

15. Kirsten Dunst

16. Kourtney Kardashian

17. Robbie Williams

18. Jim Iyke

19. Miranda Kerr

20. Queen Elizabeth llGod impregnate the Queen

• Like 1

My entry:

1. Pippa Middleton

2. Michael Phelps

4. Sunny Leone

5. Vanessa Hudgens

6. Kevin Hart

7. Josh Brolin

8. Kate Hudson

9. Morgan Schneiderlin

10. Adele

11. Katherine Jenkins

12. Cameron Diaz

13. Serena Williams

14. Billy Joel

15. Kirsten Dunst

16. Kourtney Kardashian

17. Robbie Williams

18. Jim Iyke

19. Miranda Kerr

If you can prove The Queen is trying to conceive i'll revise my view on her longevity.

My entry:

1. Pippa Middleton

2. Michael Phelps

4. Sunny Leone

5. Vanessa Hudgens

6. Kevin Hart

7. Josh Brolin

8. Kate Hudson

9. Morgan Schneiderlin

10. Adele

11. Katherine Jenkins

12. Cameron Diaz

13. Serena Williams

14. Billy Joel

15. Kirsten Dunst

16. Kourtney Kardashian

17. Robbie Williams

18. Jim Iyke

19. Miranda Kerr

If you can prove The Queen is trying to conceive i'll revise my view on her longevity.

I'm hoping she can shapeshift into her lizard form and lay an egg or summat. :lol:

• Like 1

I guess this is an idea that is almost diametrically opposite to the Death Pool, not sure how much interest there'll be in it as there's bound to be a lot more luck involved than for the Death Pooling.

What you do is instead pick 20 celebrities who you think will have a child in 2018.

Rules:

1. Teams have to be sent in by 31/03/2017. This ensures that you can't select someone who's already publicly pregnant, or if you do, you'd have to risk an exceptionally late birth.

2. You can pick either the mother or father of the child, but the parent has to be a celebrity.

3. Papers are less likely to report on births than deaths, so you will have to find some corroborative source to support the factual nature of the birth. National newspapers from any country are acceptable as sources, as are their online equivalents.

4. Celebrity is defined by the pick having a Wikipedia page that existed before 1 January 2016 (this can be found on View History on the top right hand corner of a Wikipedia page)

5. You can't pick both likely parents of the same child in the event that both mother and father count as celebrities

6. If there is any public doubt as to the identity of the father of the child, then the pick will be 'lost'

7. Picks must be legal (i.e. the parent must be over the age of consent in their home country)

Tempted to make it so you get more points for picking older people. Something like:

Mother:

Father:

Heef, what applies for rule #5 if both parents are celebrities with their own Wikipedia pages but they belong to different age groups? Do you score points from the older or younger parent?

My entry:

1. Pippa Middleton

2. Michael Phelps

4. Sunny Leone

5. Vanessa Hudgens

6. Kevin Hart

7. Josh Brolin

8. Kate Hudson

9. Morgan Schneiderlin

10. Adele

11. Katherine Jenkins

12. Cameron Diaz

13. Serena Williams

14. Billy Joel

15. Kirsten Dunst

16. Kourtney Kardashian

17. Robbie Williams

18. Jim Iyke

19. Miranda Kerr

I'm hoping she can shapeshift into her lizard form and lay an egg or summat. :lol:

Ah you're a barm pot, phew.

Rules:

Mother:

Father:

Heef, what applies for rule #5 if both parents are celebrities with their own Wikipedia pages but they belong to different age groups? Do you score points from the older or younger parent?

You score the points for the player you selected. You need to decide which parent you're better off picking. Most of the time, if the ages are equal - probably the celebrity mother. For elder statesmen who seem to still enjoy having babies around the place (e.g. Mick Jagger) then you might want to pick the celebrity father, but it will be your named pick that scores the points.

• Like 1

With just one week to go, has anyone besides me submitted a team yet?

2 hours ago, Predictor said:

With just one week to go, has anyone besides me submitted a team yet?

Just submitted my entry

• Like 1

Yeah, so with my team, that's a total of three thus far.

No, I try my hardest to avoid the Daily Mail Sidebar of Shame.

I like the idea, but I was a bit unaware of this competition. I could try to submit a team this week. 

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 08:31, Heef said:

Yeah, so with my team, that's a total of three thus far.

Still no more entries since last week. Deadline looming.