Joey Russ

The Joker's Dead Pool

The Lord taketh away and then the Lord giveth again. Don Rickles a hit for me to make up for Brian Matthews.

Still looking forward to the update.

Expect an update later tonight. I'm finally feeling in a good enough mood that I can do this. Interested to see who's leading after this update...

Here is the long waited update that you've been waiting for, featuring all the hits from the DDP updates so far:

We begin with the unique hit of legendary rock n roller Chuck Berry. Bibliogryphon will be getting 1 basic point and 3 unique points... but wait! There's also unfortunately a 2 point deduction for being in prison at some point in their life (it was originally a 3 point deduction, but I decided to be a nice guy and reduce it to 2), so the final added points for Bibliogryphon is an additional 2 points.

Next, we have the wealthiest hit of the the bunch, giving 9 people at least one point, including Captain Chorizo, who at this point is even with Death Impends. A lot of bonus points goes to the following: YoungWilz has a bonus for finding secret spot #20, making his hit worth 2, Gooseberry gains an extra point for spot #20 as well as a point for guessing every person in order until they jump back (a bonus only he is still eligible for due to lack of hits), I gain an extra point for the joker bonus, The Unknown Man gains a point for finding secret spot #35. 

Shaun and Gooseberry will get another hit with Colin Dexter, with Gooseberry getting another every person guessed in order until they jump back hit.

Another small hit is Ingeborg Rapoport. A more important hit, with Death Impends gaining the lead at this point, and only gets denied of unique points from RishCast, whose team might be one to watch in the future...

Now a funnier hit was the late Don Rickles, with three teams cashing in. Chorizo is once again back to joint leader with Death Impends, with RadGuy and Bibliogryphon's team on the rise.

Speaking of Bibliogryphon, he jokered this next hit, broadcaster Brian Matthew, who is getting 4 points instead of 2 due to finding secret spot #8. The Dead Cow also gains a point, getting himself out of the third place dead lock, for now at least...

Our last hit for this update was the oldest person in the world, Emma Morano. In somewhat of a controversial decision, I've decided that she is nothing more than FFBI, as while she wasn't a cancer mum, her only claim to fame is being the world's oldest person. So, a lot of basic points won't show up at all. Funny thing though, both Chorizo and Death Impends found a secret spot for her, claiming #35 and #5 respectively, so they are still joint leader. MSC will also gain a point for finding secret spot #32, and The Dead Cow found secret spot #10. Basically, only the top 4 found a secret spot for her, which is sometimes how things goes...

Here's the long awaited leader board:

1st= - Captain Chorizo - 55 points

1st= - Death Impends - 55 points 

3rd - Dead Cow - 47 points

4th - msc - 46 points 

5th - RadGuy - 45 points

6th - Bibliogryphon - 43 points

7th - RishCast - 36 points

8th= - Shaun of the Dead - 35 points

8th= - Unknown Man - 35 points

10th - Pedro67 - 34 points

11th - joeyruss - 21 points

12th - YoungWilz - 19 points

13th - Gooseberry Crumble - 8 points

14th - Cat O'Falk - minus 1 point

I must note that Bibliogryphon might be one to watch, he's certainly on the rise for sure. I think he has a chance at cracking the top 5 now. However, the top 2 still have a gap of 8 points from the 3rd place person, but he (and the other 2 in the top 5) has a potential hit with Sasha Lakovic in the next update. Too bad he's probably not getting an obit though...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Here is the long waited update that you've been waiting for, featuring all the hits from the DDP updates so far:

We begin with the unique hit of legendary rock n roller Chuck Berry. Bibliogryphon will be getting 1 basic point and 3 unique points... but wait! There's also unfortunately a 2 point deduction for being in prison at some point in their life (it was originally a 3 point deduction, but I decided to be a nice guy and reduce it to 2), so the final added points for Bibliogryphon is an additional 2 points.

Next, we have the wealthiest hit of the the bunch, giving 9 people at least one point, including Captain Chorizo, who at this point is even with Death Impends. A lot of bonus points goes to the following: YoungWilz has a bonus for finding secret spot #20, making his hit worth 2, Gooseberry gains an extra point for spot #20 as well as a point for guessing every person in order until they jump back (a bonus only he is still eligible for due to lack of hits), I gain an extra point for the joker bonus, The Unknown Man gains a point for finding secret spot #35. 

Shaun and Gooseberry will get another hit with Colin Dexter, with Gooseberry getting another every person guessed in order until they jump back hit.

Another small hit is Ingeborg Rapoport. A more important hit, with Death Impends gaining the lead at this point, and only gets denied of unique points from RishCast, whose team might be one to watch in the future...

Now a funnier hit was the late Don Rickles, with three teams cashing in. Chorizo is once again back to joint leader with Death Impends, with RadGuy and Bibliogryphon's team on the rise.

Speaking of Bibliogryphon, he jokered this next hit, broadcaster Brian Matthew, who is getting 4 points instead of 2 due to finding secret spot #8. The Dead Cow also gains a point, getting himself out of the third place dead lock, for now at least...

Our last hit for this update was the oldest person in the world, Emma Morano. In somewhat of a controversial decision, I've decided that she is nothing more than FFBI, as while she wasn't a cancer mum, her only claim to fame is being the world's oldest person. So, a lot of basic points won't show up at all. Funny thing though, both Chorizo and Death Impends found a secret spot for her, claiming #35 and #5 respectively, so they are still joint leader. MSC will also gain a point for finding secret spot #32, and The Dead Cow found secret spot #10. Basically, only the top 4 found a secret spot for her, which is sometimes how things goes...

Here's the long awaited leader board:

1st= - Captain Chorizo - 55 points

1st= - Death Impends - 55 points 

3rd - Dead Cow - 47 points

4th - msc - 46 points 

5th - RadGuy - 45 points

6th - Bibliogryphon - 43 points

7th - RishCast - 36 points

8th= - Shaun of the Dead - 35 points

8th= - Unknown Man - 35 points

10th - Pedro67 - 34 points

11th - joeyruss - 21 points

12th - YoungWilz - 19 points

13th - Gooseberry Crumble - 8 points

14th - Cat O'Falk - minus 1 point

I must note that Bibliogryphon might be one to watch, he's certainly on the rise for sure. I think he has a chance at cracking the top 5 now. However, the top 2 still have a gap of 8 points from the 3rd place person, but he (and the other 2 in the top 5) has a potential hit with Sasha Lakovic in the next update. Too bad he's probably not getting an obit though...

Oh heck I'm unlucky number 13 in the list! :o

However given how newish to all this I am I am relatively "pleased"  if that's the right word with my modest two correct guesses. 

And of course I could improve throughout the competition never say never! 

Just realised that this is my most successful pool entry to date with five hits -David Rockefeller, Colin Dexter, Emma Morano, Leo Baxendale and Brunhilde Pomsel! 

• Like 2

Manuel Noriega is my third hit on this pool.

Update is a coming. Won't be that long now. 

• Like 2

Helmet Kohl, hit number 10. Bet JR has an obscure snakes and ladders bonus that has tenth hit as a snake back to zero

Glen Campbell is my 5th hit on this pool.

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Glen Campbell is my 5th hit on this pool.

and my 14th.

Haven't really kept track of my hits here. Just checked again, on 17 now...

59 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Haven't really kept track of my hits here. Just checked again, on 17 now...

Apparently, 17 here too, though I didn't bother checking which of them actually got QOs...

So, Joey, are you working on an update for this pool, or have you given up on it?

I don't mind if you give up on it (although I would recommend you try and find another host), I'd just like to know and not be in suspense anymore...

• Like 1

I think this pool died, Biblio. It's not even possible for you or I to do a tot up of the points due to the secret bonuses. Ah well.

• Sad 1