Joey Russ

The Joker's Dead Pool

You must come up with 50 people from the list of jokers in the statistics thread. That's 259 people in total, as Hollingworth and Soares are ineligible due to death (why would I give you them?).

The list is found here: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8966-statistics/page-3#entry292790

They can either be put on this thread or PM'd personally to me.

You can come up with up to 5 subs

Each person is worth one point.

Nominate five of them as your jokers. Those people will gain double points.

So for people who are wondering how they could possibly win, they are heavily reliant on bonus points. However, the vast majority of the bonus points are in fact hidden, and will be revealed as people score those bonuses. Many of them are different from the Hartlepool, so that'll be where the fun will be.

I will reveal six of those bonus points besides the joker bonus for those five since it's required to compete. Those bonuses are:

1. If those people who are jokers are also unique DDP picks, they'll gain an extra 3 points

2. If those people who are jokers made the drop 40, they'll gain an extra 3 points

3. If those people who are jokers die unnaturally, they'll gain an additional 3 points

4. If those people die on the 13th of the month, they gain an extra 2 points

5. If they die on their birthday, 5 more bonus points will be given to them

6. There are random number of spots that have a total of two bonus points instead of one. Which numbers they are, however, will have to be hidden until they are scored.

Because I know the hidden bonus points and you don't, I'm going to be fair and not compete the first time. I'll probably join the second time when the vast majority of those points should be revealed.

You have until the 28th of January at midnight GMT to enter. Anyways, enjoy. Or not.

A competition where we enter but don't know the rules at the start but begin to have them revaled over time. This is the DP equivalent of Kafka's The Trial. Does the winner get summarily executed?

• Like 2

A competition where we enter but don't know the rules at the start but begin to have them revaled over time. This is the DP equivalent of Kafka's The Trial. Does the winner get summarily executed?

Nope. Although I did forget to put obit requirements. It's the same as the DDP obit requirements.

1)Mark Sims Joker

2)Sara Coward Joker

3)Peter Skellern Joker

4)Errol Christie Joker

5)Gord Downie Joker

6)Leah Bracknell

7)Ian Brady

8)Nick Boles

9)Jacques Chirac

10)Clive James

11)Terry Jones

12)Tracy McGiffin

13)King Michael of Romania

14)Sean Connery

15)Billy Connolly

16)Buzz Aldrin

17)Willie Nelson

18)Prince Philip

19)Leslie Phillips

20)Joni Mitchell

21)Colin Meads

22)Peter Sallis

23)David Rockefeller

24)Fernando Ricksen

25)Jimmy Snuka

26)Steve Sumner

27)Marieke Vervoot

28)Joost van der Westhuizen

29)Glen Campbell

30)Bernadette Chirac

31)Eileen Derbyshire

32)Doris Day

33)Colin Dexter

34)Kirk Douglas

35)Robert Duvall

36)Jill Gascoine

37)Gene Hackman

38)Hugh Hefner

39)Stephen Hawking

40)Valerie Harper

41)Rolf Harris

42)Glynis Johns

43)Helmut Kohl

44)Vera Lynn

45)Sophia Loren

46)Robert Mugabe

47)Emma Morano

48)Denis Norden

49)Jerry Maren

50)Stefan Karl Stefannsson

I pick Jack Nicholson and Mark Hamill.

Could've sworn there was a tomato dodging smiley on here, incidentally.

• Like 1

You might want to let us know when the game "ends" before we submit teams?

Oh. Right. It ends the 31st of December. Should've put an ending to the game.

50? !!!!!!!!!!! Even in the DDP we are only allowed 20 out of the whole world! Ha ha. It seems an awful lot of names to keep track of, as I think Shaun found out in his Death By Numbers game.

Maybe next time, but another 50 names for me to keep track of with all the other competitions is too much for me at this stage. Good luck with it though, it's a good idea.

• Like 4

50? !!!!!!!!!!! Even in the DDP we are only allowed 20 out of the whole world! Ha ha. It seems an awful lot of names to keep track of, as I think Shaun found out in his Death By Numbers game.

Maybe next time, but another 50 names for me to keep track of with all the other competitions is too much for me at this stage. Good luck with it though, it's a good idea.

I'm thinking now that some people may not participate due to choosing that many people. I have an offer to make to people who think 50 is too much: you can select 25 people with a sixth joker and a few more numbers that can generate 2 points, but you have to start out with -2 points instead of 0. Does that sound like a fair deal? You don't have to accept, but I think it's a good offer. (I just made this up if you can't tell, it wasn't one of my unwritten rules)

I'll have a think and see what interest there is. I still think it's a good idea. And I think it might be a nightmare to run.

• Like 1

Just cut it down to 25 for everybody.

• Like 1

Just cut it down to 25 for everybody.

I think there are both advantages and disadvantages to do both. If you choose the 25 option, then you are more likely to find those bonus points, plus you get the advantage of choosing six jokers. Your disadvantages to that is you can't have as diverse as a team and you start with negative two points. That really isn't a lot. In the 50 team member case, you can select a very diverse team and still do pretty. However, your less likely to find those bonus numbers. It's also very unlikely someone will predict all 50, and if they do, congrats to them. Now I might've considered cutting it down to 25, but I won't because I already have 3 teams of 50 submitted, so it will stay an either or. You don't have to compete, but you might miss some bonuses, as I'm sure you'll enjoy some bonuses.

Self employment tax returns are simpler than this.

You can't please everyone now, can you?

A quick random stat. At the moment, they're are 13 people who is appearing on all three registered teams so far. There are currently four people who have been jokered more than once. The first has been jokered by all three teams. The second and third, while appearing on all three teams, has only been jokered twice. The fourth only appears on two teams thus far, but they have been jokered by both teams. I'm not revealing any of those teams or teams that have PM'd me afterwards until the deadline has passed, so those names are safe with me. :)

I will be taking part in this later. ☺

Good to know. Just remember you must choose from that list of 260 (cause Amber Snailham is old enough after all). Anyone planning to play but is planning on sending teams closer to the deadline can say right here or pm me. :)

• Like 1

I wish you luck. This is a brave undertaking and the basic idea is intriguing. My constructive critism would be to 2nd rockhopperpenguin's remarks. I read though the rules a number of times and you lost me more than once. It just seems overly complex whether that is because it is complex or the way its been outlined.

• Like 2

Joey, can I please suggest making the full list of bonuses public before the competition starts (even if it's after every teams submitted). If you only reveal them once people have died, then it opens you up to accusations of helping the scorelines out a bit.

I wish you luck. This is a brave undertaking and the basic idea is intriguing. My constructive critism would be to 2nd rockhopperpenguin's remarks. I read though the rules a number of times and you lost me more than once. It just seems overly complex whether that is because it is complex or the way its been outlined.

I'll try simplify it to maybe make it easier.

You can either choose 25 or 50 people in a team. The 260 people is due to how many DDP jokers there are. If you go to the 50 route, then select 5 people to nominate as jokers, and you can nominate 6 people as jokers if you go the 25 route. Then you can either pm them or announce them publicly by the 28th at midnight GMT. Is that simpler for you (you might be confused by the bonuses, which I'll distribute).

Joey, can I please suggest making the full list of bonuses public before the competition starts (even if it's after every teams submitted). If you only reveal them once people have died, then it opens you up to accusations of helping the scorelines out a bit.

That'll ruin part of the fun though. Seriously though, if a non participant want to see the full list of bonuses, then I can send it to them by pm. I think DDT would be the one I'd send it to unless he plans on participating in this.

Also, Jimmy Snuka is no longer eligible just so you know.

Also, Jimmy Snuka is no longer eligible just so you know.

Also means Sean needs a sub.

Alright. Which person who will not participate ever would like to receive the bonus points list. If you decide to participate afterwards, remember that I will ignore your request and you will not be entered in this year.

Anyone wants to know the list without participating in the game. It's so people don't say I'm making up the bonus points. If your participating, you can't know the bonuses.