Sign in to follow this  
Lord Fellatio Nelson

Human 'oddities'

Lets see how this goes ( probably in the bin) and see if millions of us are quite mad or just human.

Ive only ever told one person about this but I have this weird thing going on, since childhood, where a certain word, either heard or seen will automatically conjure up an image in my head of something. Ive also, rarely, been able to 'taste a colour'................

Conversely, I can see an object and it will put a word or sentence into my head, spoken but not by me.

I will give just one example, I really don't want to delve too deep, and that is the name 'Gemma'

If I hear it or see it I see a hamsters face, pouches full. It matters not a fuck if I try not to, I will see that fucking hamster, no matter what.

So, as I cannot be alone in the Universe with this and, to broaden out the thread, are there any other cases out there of people having, well, a brain that appears to be a bit, ya know, odd?

There are people who marry objects like the Eiffel Tower and the old Berlin wall.

There are people who have sex with goats cars and there are people with OCD.

Heard any weird stories, is the unusual not really unusual?

So, as I cannot be alone in the Universe with this and, to broaden out the thread, are there any other cases out there of people having, well, a brain that appears to be a bit, ya know, odd?

Probably everyone who frequents this site.

• Like 2

Probably everyone who frequents this site.

......apart from that.

For me, some (ABBA) songs are in colours, e.g. Dancing Queen is red, Knowing me, knowing you is green and Super Trouper is blue, but light blue, not dark. Lay all your love on me is purple and Waterloo is red, too. I really don't know why.

• Like 1

I hear there's this guy that calls himself sir creep who is sexually attracted to Judy Garland's corpse.

• Like 5

For me, some (ABBA) songs are in colours, e.g. Dancing Queen is red, Knowing me, knowing you is green and Super Trouper is blue, but light blue, not dark. Lay all your love on me is purple and Waterloo is red, too. I really don't know why.

For me it's some days of the week. Saturday is yellow (the short a sound is yellow for me), Sunday is dark blue, Friday is turquoise (the letters fi are turquoise for me), Wednesday is green but Monday, Tuesday and Thursday don't have strong colour associations.

Also numbers as I see as masculine or feminine, 2,3,6 and 8 are feminine, 1,5,7 and 9 are masculine, 4 can be both depending on how it's written and 0 is neutral.

Edit - I also once fell in love with a postcard but we won't go into that.

Edited by Handrejka
  • Like 4

'Like' for the postcard edit....

And the thread ain't long enough for what's in my bonce :)

*** handy...

What if a negative integer?

Does -1 become feminine?

We have a RIGHT to know....

I hear there's this guy that calls himself Deathray who thinks everyone is Hein.

• Like 1

Hear in colour, tasting words and seeing in words as colours are ones I've come across regularly. Apparently it's called Synesthesia and is a neurological condition, they weren't barking mad.

I don't think I have this condition, but I definitely agree about Wednesday being green.

• Like 1

My uncle frank used to stick satsumas in his foreskin

• Like 1

I don't think I have this condition, but I definitely agree about Wednesday being green.

Nope, I'm more of a Nile Blue, Aqua Marine at most.

I think I do have the condition actually. Although for some reason Sunday seems more like a black...

Robert Smith doesn't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too.

Edit: He doesn't care if it's black either, before you ask...

• Like 1

Breaks the ice at parties.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:56, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Lets see how this goes ( probably in the bin) and see if millions of us are quite mad or just human.

Ive only ever told one person about this but I have this weird thing going on, since childhood, where a certain word, either heard or seen will automatically conjure up an image in my head of something. Ive also, rarely, been able to 'taste a colour'................

Conversely, I can see an object and it will put a word or sentence into my head, spoken but not by me.

I will give just one example, I really don't want to delve too deep, and that is the name 'Gemma'

If I hear it or see it I see a hamsters face, pouches full. It matters not a fuck if I try not to, I will see that fucking hamster, no matter what.

There are people who marry objects like the Eiffel Tower and the old Berlin wall.

There are people who have sex with goats cars and there are people with OCD.

Heard any weird stories, is the unusual not really unusual?

The Berlin wall lady died back in 2015, someone set fire  to her house apparently.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eija-Riitta_Eklöf-Berliner-Mauer

16 hours ago, Handrejka said:

The Berlin wall lady died back in 2015, someone set fire  to her house apparently.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eija-Riitta_Eklöf-Berliner-Mauer

You could have warned me it was in German Handy.

For a moment I thought I was suffering a stroke. :)

On 2/2/2017 at 13:18, The Mad Hatter said:

I hear there's this guy that calls himself sir creep who is sexually attracted to Judy Garland's corpse.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

There is a certain page in Dr. Suess''s 'Hop On Pop' that for some reason the drawing scared the B'Jesus out of me when I was like 3, and always sent shivers down my spine thereafter.

Even now, at 54, and with my 7 year old, when we read that book, I know that page is coming up and I get a wee tense.  I'm almost over it, but not quite.  Funny how the mind works (or in my case, doesn't).

SC

On 02/02/2017 at 22:37, Caisson said:

Now if only we still did the Monkeys or whatever they were called, this would win the Lifetime Achievement award - an absolute fucking gem of a post, that. 

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

Now if only we still did the Monkeys or whatever they were called, this would win the Lifetime Achievement award - an absolute fucking gem of a post, that. 

Wasn't that poster a sock of Zorders, though?

• Like 1