Paul Bearer

The Walking Dead

Do we have any fans of the tv prog 'The walking dead'?

Are you Rick or Negan?

New series (s7 ep 9 (?)) starts here ( in the UK) tomorrow night.

• Like 2

No I'm not funny.

FTFY

Yep, I am a fan. It is showing tonight, Monday at 21:55 here in Norway on Fox International. We get it the day after it runs in the USA, which in some ways strange since many of the actors, like the actors who play Maggie and Rick are British. You would think the Brits should get to SEE it Sunday also. We also get the Talking Dead afterwards.

Forgot to write: When I take those online quizes I turn out to be Maggie. Nice to be 30-35 years younger than I actually am.

No I'm morbidkid.

I remember that character. He died in the first season, devoured by the Gord Downey and Luke Halquinn zombies, who hated to see their names spelt wrong.

• Like 7

This goes into the basket of things I have never seen, along with Game Of Thrones, Labyrinth, Breaking Bad, etc etc etc...

This goes into the basket of things I have never seen, along with Game Of Thrones, Labyrinth, Breaking Bad, etc etc etc...

Breaking bad was pretty good, but it took a couple of seasons for me to get into it. I struggle with GoT and have never seen labyrinth.

Breaking bad was pretty good, but it took a couple of seasons for me to get into it. I struggle with GoT and have never seen labyrinth.

I watched one and a half series of Breaking Bad, but it failed to grab me. I liked the one where the lad tried to dissolve a body in a bath of acid and it all fell through the floor, but it just went downhill after that.

No secret that I love Game Of Thrones. There have been a few dodgy bits, but mostly it's great to awesome.

Lord of the Rings with swearing.

And women.

• Like 1

And women.

Fair point. I've never been a fan but what little I've come across does seem light on gender balance. Must be Tolkein's christian outlook.

And women.

Fair point. I've never been a fan but what little I've come across does seem light on gender balance. Must be Tolkein's christian outlook.

LOTR (and The Hobbit) are extraordinarily lacking in female characters. There is really only Eowyn and Galadriel, and they don't feature all that much. Arwen is mentioned, but her part was massively increased for the film - she scarcely appears in the books. There are a few female hobbits mentioned on the fringes, but no female dwarfs (although T does acknowledge that they exist). Even the Ents, the tree people, are all male, their wives having all decamped somewhere years ago!

It's odd because Tolkien had a long happy marriage, and he did have a daughter, so it isn't as though he was some fusty misogynistic old bachelor who never had any contact with women.

I'd say he drew more on Norse mythology than on Christianity, and there are plenty of goddesses there.

And women.

LOTR (and The Hobbit) are extraordinarily lacking in female characters. There is really only Eowyn and Galadriel, and they don't feature all that much. Arwen is mentioned, but her part was massively increased for the film - she scarcely appears in the books. There are a few female hobbits mentioned on the fringes, but no female dwarfs (although T does acknowledge that they exist). Even the Ents, the tree people, are all male, their wives having all decamped somewhere years ago!

It's odd because Tolkien had a long happy marriage, and he did have a daughter, so it isn't as though he was some fusty misogynistic old bachelor who never had any contact with women.

I'd say he drew more on Norse mythology than on Christianity, and there are plenty of goddesses there.

Nah, end of the day it's all about good vs evil. Christianity is inherently patriarchal. the Norse valued bravery and valour irrespective of who had it.

• Like 1

Found this thread!

All the deaths from TWD franchise.

(Wiki) Scott Wilson (1942-2018): Main Character Herschel Greene TWD S1-S4, brief S9 

(IMDb) Dango Nu Yen (1971-2019): Had a minor role on TWD S3. Portrayed one of the Governor's bodyguards.

(Wiki) Moses J. Moseley (1990-2022): Had a minor role on TWD S3-S5. Portrayed one of Michonne's pet walkers

There was also a stunt double who died (Wiki) John Bernecker (1984-2017) on set.

Death of voice actor (IMDb) Randy Schell (1952-2017) also noted. Voice behind early promos of Fear TWD.

There has been hundreds of actors/actresses who have been in TWD Franchise in one way or another.

It consists of 7 separate TV shows and a handful of video-games/books/board games.

This is not including the comic books from which the show originates.

Listing all the actors is a tall-task. Figured it is easier to just list all those who have died as of now.

This is, or was depending on who you ask, a major show in the U.S. Any deaths, even minor, will QO and get national attention.

I've lost interest in it.  It just got too predictable.  I haven't seen it for a few years now. 

• Like 2