Sign in to follow this  
MDavidSteel

Murder, She Wrote

I know it's a really old series that ended about 20 years ago and some people here might even be able to remember when it started but being younger, it was a new thing to me (i first saw it in 2009) and wasn't even alive in 1984 so i love watching it. I'm even going through the entire shows run online.

It is probably one of Angelas best work in her career (i've also watched a few films she's been in) but i'm glad she chose to do the detective drama over a sitcom which tends to be limited and overly cheesy so good on her i would say

I love how she relates to the other characters and comes across as a people person while still knowing to take things seriously when need be and can use logic well to unmask people (so to speak)

any thoughts from the rest of you?

and i dont mind if you say bad things as long as you explain why you think that:)

Just a piece of advice, don't start threads for every single thing. Many of us started threads that were unnecessary in the past, including me, so I'm speaking from past experience.

• Like 2

I've been here ten years, and I've only started two threads in all that time.

toast was crucified on a cross our sins.

My recommendation for the future would be to use the What Do You Watch On TV? thread if you've been watching something recently and want to discuss it. Not that it's forbidden to create new threads like this, but admittedly it's unlikely an entire thread for a long-concluded show will generate much convo.

• Like 4

toast was crucified on a cross our sins.

No, that'd be Jesus you're thinking of.

The martyrdom of St Lawrence would be more suitable for toast.

• Like 2

suppose youre right if you look at it that way... it was hardly doctor who, that kind of show could finish now and still be a big topic in 20 years time

time will tell but lets see how many or rather how few threads i can make in ten years:P

It takes a while to get the 'hang' of this forum and I'm still on a learning curve. Two things I have deduced in my short time here... 1. There's a thread for everything already. 2. There's no point in rushing to report a new death, someone has always got there first! Apart from that they are a friendly bunch provided you don't litter the place with recipes, knitting patterns or pictures of cats. :old:

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about rushing to report deaths. I've been here 7 years and lurked for longer than that, and I find that no matter how quickly you find out about a death, someone on here posts it quicker. I make up for it with a winning smile, bad jokes, and the occasional accidental forum scoop. B):D

I was at least expecting a list of surviving cast members or murderers, like someone did for Columbo.

• Like 1

Angela Lansbury is still alive.

Right, that's my sole knowledge of the show used up.

• Like 5

I was at least expecting a list of surviving cast members or murderers, like someone did for Columbo.

My dad watches this on one of his channels every day at 7 pm. Even I wouldn't want to make a list based on this show.

• Like 1

My dad watches this on one of his channels every day at 7 pm. Even I wouldn't want to make a list based on this show.

I'll expect one next week then.

I don't mind what anyone says on this thread just long as you dont think of putting Angela on 1 of your lists :sicktherm:

simply put - if she goes on yours, then you go on mine :shoot:

Who died from Columbo?

• Like 3

I don't mind what anyone says on this thread just long as you dont think of putting Angela on 1 of your lists :sicktherm:

simply put - if she goes on yours, then you go on mine :shoot:

I don't think you've quite grasped the principles of Deathlist.

• Like 1

I thought this was a thread about Maxine

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fx7p7TEi6M

i told my mum about my deathlists and she said same kinda thing to me should i put cliff richard on one

but even though shes 91 i couldnt bring myself to think of her death like i dont want to for another 10 years anyway

i told my mum about my deathlists and she said same kinda thing to me should i put cliff richard on one

but even though shes 91 i couldnt bring myself to think of her death like i dont want to for another 10 years anyway

For your first post

know it's a really old series that ended about 20 years ago and some people here might even be able to remember when it started but being younger, it was a new thing to me (i first saw it in 2009) and wasn't even alive in 1984 so i love watching it. I'm even going through the entire shows run online.

Which one of these is your mother and is she obitable?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_over_age_50

Sorry, reading that again I realise it's Ms Lansbury you're referring to as being 91 and not your mum. Apologies.

Edited by Handrejka
  • Like 1