Grim Reaper

Forum Downtime [completed]

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

How the fucking hell did you manage to exist here under the radar for so long???

Top top work!

He's so good that I am considering a new career in recruitment. :)

• Like 2

Actually what I'll do is flip the switch right now for maybe an hour and the community can decide if they prefer the second or stick with the previous

EDIT: Switch flipped

3 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Please tell me another mod isn't coming soon. I like the squad as it is...

I missed the joke, didn't I. 

Edited by joeyruss

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

EDIT: Switch flipped

Poor Switch!

:P

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

You did good fella!!! :D

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Actually what I'll do is flip the switch right now for maybe an hour and the community can decide if they prefer the second or stick with the previous

EDIT: Switch flipped. still with quote inside box and newline prob for me...

Found and added a "Source" plugin for the toolbar which allows one to edit the raw HTML of one's post... this at least gives some workaround b/c it means that if you can't add new lines for some reason, you can at least open that up, add <br> to the end of the preexisting text, start typing the next line and click OK...

However this is a bit of a complicated workaround nonetheless so am hopeful there will be better means to resolve the issue charon is having.

EDIT: Also discovered and added a plugin that simply adds the "br" tag for you: So a bit more convenient than tampering with the source

Sorry for delay DI, was trying to revert to normal mobile mode to try in that, but internet that shitty just now it only loaded the basic web view, see the phone,tablet, desktop stuff, and lol we are limited to 285 emoticons lololol. Turned back to desktop version to post this. As alluded to I get this on another forum which uses same software, they've never solved it either. *tho that's because they push their app*. Sure it is only the desktop version of mobile browser that gets this problem and will check tomorrow when I have proper internet. **it happens on the 3 browsers I have tried...

Certainly an improvement, see the poems in Charon's sig looking much better.

I think the only time it looks a bit "squashed" is when people type immediately under the quote box.  I always leave a line to let it breathe, but a lot of folk don't.  I always noticed that on the old board.

Fuck. I'd forgotten I've a signature as I've blocked them.. Lol

I only block the ones that are particularly tiresome.  I like it that it's not an all-or-nothing choice.

Found a way to give quoted text more breathing space whilst otherwise keeping the "Go to next line" option, which'll be staying.

Example of current quoted text margins

Only caveat to this is trying to collapse a quote (via clicking the "Quote" header) no longer collapses it entirely, but tbh I don't think it's a great loss and I have no idea how many were aware it could be done anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Ah well that didn't work... Interestingly I managed to put a link outside the box,and continued to type <making link longer>, but as soon as I gave a space the cursor jumped straight back inside quote. And no delete post option??

Jesus Xavier Horatio Christ! Disappear for a few days and they burn your retro-modern 1967 chaise, bury your burnt orange shag carpet, and give your decoratively beaded  macrame hoop to Goodwill. 

• Like 3

There seems to be some issues with the search function that is very annoying, like making you wait to click to the next page. 

Trying this as managed on p&b....

might give you some clues DI.

Trying again re new line new on desktop version via mobile and doesn't work. Will edit in a sec. And we will see... Eta... New lines take in edit. But any additional text in edit still has same prob. I can't newline new stuff in edit...

Notification Settings:

Method to use for content I follow automatically

A notification when new content is posted

One email per day with all new content from that day

One email per week with all new content from that week

I don't want any of these, but it is forcing me to tick at least one box.

I don't mind the little bell icon at the top of the page which you can click on if you want to, but I don't want a banner popping up every time I open a page telling me that somebody has posted.  I can see that for myself.

Doesn't seem like I can adjust that part of Notification Settings unfortunately. Though I did make it so a few more following-related notifications can be adjusted per individual user but it seems unlikely to have it so the bell shows but the banner doesn't.

Thanks for trying anyway, DI.  I can do without the bell if that makes any difference.

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

Thanks for trying anyway, DI.  I can do without the bell if that makes any difference.

I haven't tested it myself, but under the Settings page I'd assume if you uncheck both Notification List and Email for something you don't want anything for then you wouldn't get any sort of notification?

21 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Doesn't seem like I can adjust that part of Notification Settings unfortunately. Though I did make it so a few more following-related notifications can be adjusted per individual user but it seems unlikely to have it so the bell shows but the banner doesn't.

Well we all held you up as the Messiah but you are not a Messaiah you are a very naughty boy!! :)

39 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I haven't tested it myself, but under the Settings page I'd assume if you uncheck both Notification List and Email for something you don't want anything for then you wouldn't get any sort of notification?

This is what I have.  I have only ticked two boxes, which I have highlighted in red below. 

The Notification Preferences allows me to leave all three boxes unticked if I wish. 

But the 'Method to Use for content I follow automatically' requires at least one box to be ticked - even though I haven't ticked either of the 'Automatically follow content' boxes.

Send me news and information

Enabling this option will add you to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Automatically follow content

Automatically follow new content I post

Automatically follow content I reply to

Method to use for content I follow automatically

A notification when new content is posted

One email per day with all new content from that day

One email per week with all new content from that week

Notification preferences

Show popup window when I receive a new personal message

Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community

Play a sound when I receive a notification