BrunoBrimley

Abdelaziz Bouteflika

we all know that the new Abdelaziz Bouteflika Doll will generate sales not seen since the Tickle Me Elmo fad of the nineties.

A doll? oooh goody goody gumdrops! Where can I purchase one? I'll treasure it always and take extra special care of it and sleep with it as if it is were are my new best friend. Will he be anatomically correct?

Aye, this thread is a mite quiet, there was more life and invention around Cliff Mitchelmore. If they ever shut Dickie O down again we could mark this as the next DL common room.

Incidentally, anyone have - like - any idea about the health of the Algerian president? Just thought I'd ask.

Aye, this thread is a mite quiet, there was more life and invention around Cliff Mitchelmore. If they every shut Dickie O down again we could mark this as the next DL common room.

Incidentally, anyone have - like - any idea about the health of the Algerian president? Just thought I'd ask.

Well, he's still as active as ever - meetings, speakings the lot. I haven't seen a specific article regards his health, though, so although he looks & sounds fine, don't forget Rugova kept on working to the end...

I'm pig ignorant where Algerian politics are concerned, are there factions brooding behind the scenes who'd be likely to meddle with the health of a poorly man to bring about his demise or is it a stable country?

I'm pig ignorant where Algerian politics are concerned, are there factions brooding behind the scenes who'd be likely to meddle with the health of a poorly man to bring about his demise or is it a stable country?

He was suffering from various ailments in December 2005, but he recovered quickly. As for Algerian politics, most people claim that Bouteflika was elected legitimately (in and outside of the country) and thus from that standpoint, it's unlikely that he'd be poisoned or executed by a coup. Even in the United States, however, we've seen presidential assassinations and, seeing how access to terror networks and the number of terrorist groups is higher in Algeria than the States, an assassination is certainly not unlikely.

Overall though, while I personally wouldn't put him on my list, it's nice to have someone a little different on here.

I've been there. Nice place but with an undercurrent of uncertainty & distrust.

CP has covered a lot, it's thanks to AB that Algeria IS a stable(ish) place now. The more radical members of society in Algeria have different targets - Europeans, Pro-French politicans, lawyers etc, or sometimes the general public, in the more barren/bandit areas just to make a point. Political violence has gone waaaaayyy down on 4 or 5 years ago.

at times like this the only thing I can think to say is

Oh thank Heaven for 7-11

Oh thank Heaven for 7-11

I wasn't aware that they made whiskey flavoured Slurpees Mr. Brimley :o

Oh thank Heaven for 7-11

I wasn't aware that they made whiskey flavoured Slurpees Mr. Brimley :o

Well they made candy that tastes like weed and cigerettes that are chewing gum...

So isn't it about time they make whiskey flavored slurpees?

Well they made candy that tastes like weed and cigerettes that are chewing gum...

So isn't it about time they make whiskey flavored slurpees?

It mopst certainluyy is, I thimk we nheed to get to work on that rightht away since Im tireed of bthaviung ti maks mny own special at this houwr of the day.

Update

Some doubts about his state of health

I see in the news today that Venezuelan Presidente Hugo Chavez will be meeting with Abdelaziz B. today after which he shall travel to the shores of Tripoli where he will meet up with Lybian leader Quadaffi/Khadaffi/Gaddaffi(lots of different spelllings on that......not sure which is right as the rain which is falling now even as I type.)

so apparently Bouteflika is still receiving guests and visitors and other dignitaries. Good to see he is doing well.

I say, is it proper or dignified to discuss the meetings of these two men?

Don't remember seeing the obligation to be 'proper' or 'dignified' in the muthaf*****g posting rules hereabouts.

Don't remember seeing the obligation to be 'proper' or 'dignified' in the muthaf*****g posting rules hereabouts.

Gracious me, you do have a tart mouth. Did your parents raise you to be so soiled in speech?

Gracious me, you do have a tart mouth. Did your parents raise you to be so soiled in speech?

Did your parents teach you to say gracious me ?

Why yes, they did.

I found it to be quite unfortunate that this young lady Maryport, who is undoubtedly a decent person in most other ways found it to be a necessity to use vulgarity to convey her thoughts,

I found it to be quite unfortunate that this young lady Maryport

:D

Are you trying to tell me I have mis-gendered Maryport? I would feel dreadful, positively dreadful, if that were revealed to be the case.

Are you trying to tell me I have mis-gendered Maryport? I would feel dreadful, positively dreadful, if that were revealed to be the case.

Well, originally I thought you had. Then, I thought to myself - have I come across any proof MPFC IS a man? Likes football & motor racing, drinking & fighting. Being the terrible chauvinist I am, I thought, male. Certainly the posts from MPFC allude to masculine feelings. But could I be wrong?

I'm not sure of anything at all any more in todays mixed up world. I know I'm male, but am I? Is Abdelaziz Bouteflika really male? Who knows, who knows?

MPFC is so called as he/she/it lives in Maryport. That might be the source of your confusion. It sure is for those who live in Maryport, too. :D

Well, originally I thought you had. Then, I thought to myself - have I come across any proof MPFC IS a man? Likes football & motor racing, drinking & fighting. Being the terrible chauvinist I am, I thought, male. Certainly the posts from MPFC allude to masculine feelings. But could I be wrong?

I'm not sure of anything at all any more in todays mixed up world. I know I'm male, but am I? Is Abdelaziz Bouteflika really male? Who knows, who knows?

MPFC is so called as he/she/it lives in Maryport. That might be the source of your confusion. It sure is for those who live in Maryport, too. :D

As they say, any Port in a storm....

Likes football & motor racing, drinking & fighting.

Who said I liked fighting? That's a mug's game, hence my literate posting on the threads for the hopelessly punch addled Jake Lamotta and the sadly pummelled Muhammad Ali. Okay, I offered a couple of times to single-handedly take on every surviving WW1 veteran in a mass ruck in the car park of The Miners Arms, but I was relying on my speed, agility and age in double figures to give me the edge.

Not so sure I like motor racing anymore either, it's a colourful procession these days, that's about it. Not like the old days of raging infernos and will they work/won't they work portable fire fighting equipment. There's probably a wonderful computer game in 1970s grand prix racing, should anyone choose to invent it.

;):o:) Gracious me!

No disrespect to our new member / pretender to the throne of TF, but bloody hell, Banshees, you were on top form the other night!

Has your supplier been kidnapped by the admin team?

;):o:) Gracious me!

No disrespect to our new member / pretender to the crown of TF , but bloody hell, Banshees, you were on top form the other night!

Has your supplier been kidnapped by the admin team?

I don't even understand the question. All I know is that i've been here all along. shades8fs.gif

Aye, but you were on top form the other night, no question.