BrunoBrimley

Abdelaziz Bouteflika

I predict that he will die and that many will be surprised. Glad to see he's on thee list :evil2:

I predict that he will die and that many will be surprised. Glad to see he's on thee list ;)

It is nice, but will it prove fruitful? Apparentely, he's fully recovered from a "gastric ulcer hemorraegy." Or were you predicting an instability-related demise Mr. Brimley? I wouldn't be surprised if that were to occur... :evil2:

Have you seen the state of affairs in Algeria as of late Paulie? Not at all good and add to that once you've had one gastric disaster you are in a weakened state and run a higher risk of it happening again......we can only hope......

Have you seen the state of affairs in Algeria as of late Paulie? Not at all good and add to that once you've had one gastric disaster you are in a weakened state and run a higher risk of it happening again......we can only hope......

As of late? More like as of quite a while ago. :evil2:

Yes, I think he is a very welcome addition to the DL.

As ill as he has been, this is the one that surprises me most. The man has survived at least two assassination attempts & looked, at least robust, upon his return to Algeria the other day.

But, hey what do I know? He may drop dead tomorrow.

Rather hope he doesn't, he's done quite a good job there & I don't want to see him go before his time. Algeria was lovely when I went a few years ago & I hope it stays that way.

Yes, Bouteflika was certainly the most surprising newcomer on the list. Do we have any reason whatsoever to assume he's in bad health, apart from the nasty 'gastric ulcer haemorrhage' he suffered? I mean, that can hardly be considered a terminal illness, can it? And I don't buy it that 'Algeria is such a dangerous country'. If that would be the main-criterium, we could enter a whole bunch of African and Asean statesmen, hoping that at least 15 of them wil be blew up, executed, stabbed or shot. Hell, we could make a pokergame out of that, with each card portraying one of the moving targets! Has that been done before, I wonder?

:blink: raider+Jan 2 2006, 04:05 PM-->

QUOTE(Tom(:angry: raider @ Jan 2 2006, 04:05 PM)
Yes, Bouteflika was certainly the most surprising newcomer on the list. Do we have any reason whatsoever to assume he's in bad health, apart from the nasty 'gastric ulcer haemorrhage' he suffered? I mean, that can hardly be considered a terminal illness, can it? And I don't buy it that 'Algeria is such a dangerous country'. If that would be the main-criterium, we could enter a whole bunch of African and Asean statesmen, hoping that at least 15 of them wil be blew up, executed, stabbed or shot. Hell, we could make a pokergame out of that, with each card portraying one of the moving targets! Has that been done before, I wonder?

I think part of it too is that it's a little more interesting when there are people on the list besides the Lou Rawls or Brooke Astor type. Fun in the forums perhaps?

I think part of it too is that it's a little more interesting when there are people on the list besides the Lou Rawls or Brooke Astor type. Fun in the forums perhaps?

Fora

I think you will find that forums is more acceptable these days and probably in wider usage, rather like stadiums. Grammar evolves.

I think you will find that forums is more acceptable these days and probably in wider usage, rather like stadiums. Grammar evolves.

Stadia

But you apparently do not....,

I think that he will collapse from a massive heart attack from trying to write and/or pronounce his own name.

Fritzie, wouldn't it be more likely he'd hjave a stroke than a heart attack from trying to write his name? I fhtought strokes were more connected to brain working s tthan heart attacks.

Anyone know the medical statistics on this?

Dig that avatar.

Guest Deathpig

One should consider the British Physicis S. Hawking. He is suffering from ALS for more than 40 years(!). Besides that he is turning 64 this year.

Cheers

One should consider the British Physicis S. Hawking. He is suffering from ALS for more than 40 years(!). Besides that he is turning 64 this year.

Cheers

and Stephen Hawking & Abdelaziz Bouteflika go together.. how?

Cheers

They're both in their sixties? They're both more likely than average to die before the age of 80? :rip:

Cheers

...like rama lama lama ka dinga de dinga dong

some threads on this site are excellent, some are crap, guess which one this is?. :):rip:

some threads on this site are excellent, some are crap, guess which one this is?. :):rip:

Excellent?

I never was any good at this sort of thing.

threads on this site are excellent,

Aren't they though?

I am surprised this thread hasnt generated more interest.......maybe as summer approaches it will build up to an excited and fevered pitch.

I am surprised this thread hasnt generated more interest.......maybe as summer approaches it will build up to an excited and fevered pitch.

And we all know that the new Abdelaziz Bouteflika Doll will generate sales not seen since the Tickle Me Elmo fad of the nineties.