BrunoBrimley

Abdelaziz Bouteflika

Damn, finally! He was already "dying" when the Political Frailty thread was made in 2005 (mentioned in the first post) and probably lived his last year(s) surrounded by a medical team.

Would be interesting to know what the actual death cause was, what organ went first

Edit: Cardiac arrest.

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Well, I know you're keen, but I'm not sure a middle ranking African leader really counts as an enema! : D

Oh this is just the beginning! Somebody's got to be first out and I have sometimes found in the bathroom the higher quality  stuff comes out a bit later!

• Haha 1

Soooo frustrated by this death : we could have reach 19th of September without any hit... bouteflika is always here to turn the party down

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

Soooo frustrated by this death : we could have reach 19th of September without any hit... bouteflika is always here to turn the party down

I thought you'd  be pleased? You've had such a long wait for some relief. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I thought you'd  be pleased? You've had such a long wait for some relief. 

I loved being enslaved looking every morning for a hit and going to sleep at night thinking « it hurts there’s no one who’s dying ouch » guess it was predictable 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I loved being enslaved looking every morning for a hit and going to sleep at night thinking « it hurts there’s no one who’s dying ouch » guess it was predictable 

You need to update your French list haha!

I had forgotten he was on the list

Even if his death doesn't affect me, I'm also happy about the 8th hit for the DL. And I hope @Gooseberry Crumble is right: After the ebb comes the flood. It would be necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally...

• Like 1

Glad it was someone who I'd never heard of before visiting this site that broke the drought rather than a much-loved institution- Angela Lansbury or Dick Van Dyke for instance. 

• Like 2

Y e s !!, finally someone who's on my list again. That's propelling it to an all-time record of 3/50!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, frleon said:

Y e s !!, finally someone who's on my list again. That's propelling it to an all-time record of 3/50!

You crossed out the wrong one.

Who will replace him in the 2022 list? As an African leader, only FW De Klerk is famous and ill enough.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, drol said:
25 minutes ago, frleon said:

You crossed out the wrong one.

Shukran kathiran! How embarrassing …

57 minutes ago, drol said:

Who will replace him in the 2022 list? As an African leader, only FW De Klerk is famous and ill enough.

That's far too sensible an idea for the Committee!

He'll more than likely be replaced by another healthy nonagenarian like Lionel Blair.

• Like 1

Took him bloody long enough...

I honestly assumed he died a while ago, given the last news I saw about the guy was years ago and he seemed to be on death's door then. Admittedly don't know enough about his politics to see what kind of cultural impact his death will have, but could be interesting to see in the coming days.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, drol said:

De Klerk 100% should to be on the 2022 list IMO

The longest DL gap in 10 years has finally closed. Which if you see the gap between Betty Ford and that M*A*S*H actor, it's exactly the same to the day. And just like this year, 2011 was a failure.