BrunoBrimley

Abdelaziz Bouteflika

7 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

The longest DL gap in 10 years has finally closed. Which if you see the gap between Betty Ford and that M*A*S*H actor, it's exactly the same to the day. And just like this year, 2011 was a failure.

Well it is still almost 3.5 months till the years is over, so it's still a little to earlyto say this year is a failure 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

De Klerk 100% should to be on the 2022 list IMO

He seems like a natural choice - both old and sickly, and historically relevant enough that his passing will no doubt be big news as the last Apartheid-era leader of SA to die. End of an era and all that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Katyusha said:

I honestly assumed he died a while ago, given the last news I saw about the guy was years ago and he seemed to be on death's door then. Admittedly don't know enough about his politics to see what kind of cultural impact his death will have, but could be interesting to see in the coming days.

Well if he died in office the political ramifications would of been huge now that he got booted probably not. Given how recently the protests against him  were I doubt a cult of personality will crop up. I don't know enough about Algerian politics to comment on whether he was a good or bad but I do know he likely wasn't able to lead for quite a while before 2019. 

18 hours ago, Putin said:

Well it is still almost 3.5 months till the years is over, so it's still a little to earlyto say this year is a failure 

Plus I've just heard the 9th death happened the following day! I denounce my statement.