The Mad Hatter

24. Jean-Marie Le Pen

Was trending today on french Twitter but couldn’t find out Why. Anyway here is a somehow « new » picture of him. Seems to be weelchair bound and have lost some weight 

DAF614F0-8AD8-405F-B291-B5D5DABD8F51.jpeg

even on his latest journal de bord from 5 days ago, he seems frailer than on the previous one from the 22/10. I wouldn’t drop him next year, seems to be degrading.  

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

seems to be degrading.  

No change on the last 40 years then, what about his health? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Even if he sounds good, he looks frailer and frailer everytime he posts à new « journal de bord » vidéo. 
this one is from  4 hours ago and he looks like shit. Not one to drop in 2023 imo. 

• Like 6

On 18/11/2022 at 12:10, Lafaucheuse said:

Even if he sounds good, he looks frailer and frailer everytime he posts à new « journal de bord » vidéo. 
this one is from  4 hours ago and he looks like shit. Not one to drop in 2023 imo. 

I'd put him in the top 5 if he makes it to next year, the man's looked rough as arseholes for a while but definitely acceleratingly in decline. I could see him dying right near the end of the year and causing a hasty reshuffle as with Betty White.

• Like 1

JMLP really needs to stay in 2023's DL. His decline is evident and I wouldn't be surprised if he were to die in the next 13 months.
Afterwards, I think that as long as he is able to answer at his "journal de bord" every week, it means that he is not on his deathbed (but on the other hand the week when there will not be one, it will be very worrying).

But, a bit like for the Queen, his death could be very sudden and fast.

Maybe not a top 5 (Barker, Kissinger, Carter, Greenspan, Bennett or also DVD... are better candidates I think, if they do not die in 2022) but a top 10 why not

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, etib80 said:

Maybe not a top 5 (Barker, Kissinger, Carter, Greenspan, Bennett or also DVD... are better candidates I think, if they do not die in 2022) but a top 10 why not

I can also see Rolf Harris included in the top 5; Putin will likely be allocated position no. 50. Yes, the top five could be Kissinger, Barker, Van Dyke, Carter and Greenspan (in that order). Le Pen may well get unlucky position no. 13. Akihito will also be in a much too high position, as per usual. I feel pretty sure Bennett, Belafonte and Brooks will all make the top 10 too.

Also agree Le Pen is a must for 2023.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

I can also see Rolf Harris included in the top 5; Putin will likely be allocated position no. 50. Yes, the top five could be Kissinger, Barker, Van Dyke, Carter and Greenspan (in that order). Le Pen may well get unlucky position no. 13. Akihito will also be in a much too high position, as per usual. I feel pretty sure Bennett, Belafonte and Brooks will all make the top 10 too.

Also agree Le Pen is a must for 2023.

Akihito staying on the list is strange as it has been for these past 3 or so years but now that he will be 90, it makes more sense.

le pen is a must for the list yes. Top 5 should be Carter, Kissinger, Barker, Bennett and delors in that order (maybe greenspan could replace bennett or delors) 

• Like 2

Maybe a "coincidence" (I don't know if this word exist in english) but there were no JMLP video in his youtube channel last week.

Stay tuned if there are a video in the next few days or not ... 

His twitter account is also inactive since 2 weeks. I won't be surprised if he will hospitalized (or dead) in the next days/weeks

• Like 3

1 minute ago, etib80 said:

Maybe a "coincidence" (I don't know if this word exist in english) but there were no JMLP video in his youtube channel last week.

His twitter account is also inactive since 2 weeks. I won't be surprised if he will hospitalized (or dead) in the next days/weeks

I almost posted it earlier today. It is quite uncommon to not have a video every week. No sign of life from him since the 18th of november.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, etib80 said:

i noticed too, i think the same

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, etib80 said:

9756260F-F85C-4E4E-9250-BB6D1BBC391E.jpeg.2b3d1ba65924f1c592f21ba9b6937f64.jpeg

• Like 8

Finally a new « journal de bord ». Frail, looks tired and has difficulties talking at some point 

edit : some blue marks on his hand too 

• Like 2

I think he should be dropped. Firstly, so Lafaucheuse can go on one of his French nationalistic rants about French people and how big they are in France, and asking where all the French entries are.

Secondly, because I think he's a weak candidate. For me, he fails every single criteria for including a nonagenarian on DL:

Sounding frail/broken voice: NOPE
Struggling to walk unaided: NOPE
Looking pale/discolouration of the skin: NOPE
Noticeable weight loss: NOPE
Series of recent hospitalisations: NOPE

Given that he's in his 90s, sure, he could die next year, but with 100s of names to choose from, there are far more frail octogenarians and nonagenarians that would serve a better place on DL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sounding frail/broken voice: NOPE
Struggling to walk unaided: NOPE
Looking pale/discolouration of the skin: NOPE
Noticeable weight loss: NOPE
Series of recent hospitalisations: NOPE

He was hospitalized in the beginning of the year after suffering a stroke (which causes his left eyes to be half closed since then). He can’t walk anymore and uses a wealchair (see first photo of this page). He has lost some weight and seems pretty reddish in this last video. 
you can compared with this random video from 3 years ago for example. Not in the same shape. 

• Like 3

Latest Journal de bord a day ago, not much different to the last; like Kissinger a 50/50 chance whether Le Pen will make it to 2024.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Latest Journal de bord a day ago, not much different to the last; like Kissinger a 50/50 chance whether Le Pen will make it to 2024.

was about to post that. The only thing different is that he sounds short of breath, he needs a pause at every end of sentence. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

I reckon he’ll get to n704 before he croaks.

You’re optimistic. He’ll get to n692 for me. 

• Like 1

Far be it for me to co-opt a forum meme, but: is he dead yet?

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Latest Journal de Bord. Le Pen actually looks a tad healthier here than in the previous one IMO. He’s also doing them more regularly this year, strictly once a week.

• Like 1

You beat me to it. Don’t think he looks better at all. Stop shaving apparently and his voice is rough, gasping for air at some point and looks really tired.

• Like 2