The Mad Hatter

24. Jean-Marie Le Pen

6 minutes ago, Jonah said:

I could see the title being "Le Pen de mort for Jean-Marie." :D It's a play on words ("la peine de mort" refers to capital punishment/death penalty in French and "peine" is pronounced just like "Pen").

Great one. 

I was thinking of something like « Moins de haine sans Le Pen ». I know there is something to do with « Haine », « FN » and « Le Pen » which all rhyme but I can’t figure it out…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Great one. 

I was thinking of something like « Moins de haine sans Le Pen ». I know there is something to do with « Haine », « FN » and « Le Pen » which all rhyme but I can’t figure it out…

I was thinking of only the good die young.Amateurish I know.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

I was thinking of only the good die young.Amateurish I know.

Clear, concise and truthfull, it works 

• Like 1

I thougt more for "Le Pen à l'extrême droite du Père", mix between "extreme droite" and the idea of paradise even if he would finish in hell 

• Like 4

No journal de bord videos for a month, suggesting Le Pen has still not fully recovered from his heart attack.

• Like 2

New picture:

The same Twitter account posted another picture on May 31st.

• Like 1

New photo. Doesn't look too bad. 

edit nevermind, didn't realise it was his birthday, it's not a new photo, he looked too good there

IMG_7373.JPG

• Like 1

New journal de bord ! Never thought he would go back to those videos.

looks frail but not as bas as I thought he would 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

New journal de bord ! Never thought he would go back to those videos.

looks frail but not as bas as I thought he would 

<clip deleted>

At this point, you’re just promoting this ghastly old twat.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TQR said:

At this point, you’re just promoting this ghastly old twat.

How putting a 95 yo man first video since his heart attack is promoting him ? just keeping a track of his health as this thread is made for.

Plus, he is a major figure in France, When he was hospitalized, everyone out there was talking about it and Twitter went crazy. Like Berlusconi, he’s a major joke for french people hence my interest. Doesn’t mean I care about him tho

stop repeting what Ulitzer says, he’s the only one Who can call me nationalist :D 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

How putting a 95 yo man first video since his heart attack is promoting him ? just keeping a track of his health as this thread is made for.

Plus, he is a major figure in France, When he was hospitalized, everyone out there was talking about it and Twitter went crazy. Like Berlusconi, he’s a major joke for french people hence my interest. Doesn’t mean I care about him tho

Because between you and Daredevil, tens of video chats of him have been posted. That’s promotion. Screengrab and comment if you absolutely must…which, of course, is rarely the case.

EDIT: I see, after my post, that you edited yours and accused me of repeating Ulitzer. I thought your English comprehension was better than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Because between you and Daredevil, tens of video chats of him have been posted. That’s promotion. Screengrab and comment if you absolutely must…which, of course, is rarely the case.

This is the first video of him since his heart attack. It is relevant. Period. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

This is the first video of him since his heart attack. It is relevant. Period. 

<Screengrab>

”Cunt ain’t dead yet.”

<End of post>

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TQR said:

<Screengrab>

”Cunt ain’t dead yet.”

<End of post>

So we should never talk in any topic unless the person is dead ? Well that’s a weird way of thinking 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

So we should never talk in any topic unless the person is dead ? Well that’s a weird way of thinking 

No, instead we should post his vlogs whenever he makes them and claim that’s news rather than promo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

No, instead we should post his vlogs whenever he makes them and claim that’s news rather than promo.

IT’S NEWS BECAUSE IT’S THE FIRST TIME WE HEAR AND SEE HIM SINCE HIS HEART ATTACK ! 
What don’t you understand in it ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

stop repeting what Ulitzer says, he’s the only one Who can call me nationalist :D 

Yes @TQR, stop repeating what I say. Like I know you love me and you want to be with me but can you just chill? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yes @TQR, stop repeating what I say. Like I know you love me and you want to be with me but can you just chill?  ;)

Only in your fucking wettest dreams sweetheart ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, Fantomasss said:

https://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_stars/jean-marie-le-pen-95-ans-trop-faible-pour-tenir-seul-sur-ses-jambes-apres-ses-ennuis-de-sante_528202

An old Friend of the family said that for the marriage of his great-daughter, Marine Le Pen's daughter, at the end of August, he was helpt by people to go out the church because too frail to walk...

and not because if he stepped on consecrated ground he would burst into flame....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

and not because if he stepped on consecrated ground he would burst into flame....

They had lots of family functions (not this wedding though) at Notre-Dame-du-Chardonnet around Paris' Quartier Latin. This church has been taken over by the Society of St. Pius X, a traditionalist fraternity of priests who opposed teh Second Vatican Council and eventually got excommunicated for ordinating bishops of their choosing. There's plenty of unsavoury stuff like Holocaust denialism in their ranks, abuse allegations go without saying, and generally they're close to parties like the Front National in France. The church has been occupied by them since the 80s and remains so till today; French authorities haven't intervened so far on grounds on best keeping the peace that way (?).

I happen to know a family close to the Pius brothers, preferring to attend the old-style Tridentine mass. It seems though that over the last one or two years they've come to the conclusion that they're indeed a bit icky and now have sought out priests of the Fraternity of Saint Peter, essentially Pius defectors who eventually submitted to Rome in exchange for privileges such as the right to hold mass in Latin.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, frleon said:

They had lots of family functions (not this wedding though) at Notre-Dame-du-Chardonnet around Paris' Quartier Latin. This church has been taken over by the Society of St. Pius X, a traditionalist fraternity of priests who opposed teh Second Vatican Council and eventually got excommunicated for ordinating bishops of their choosing. There's plenty of unsavoury stuff like Holocaust denialism in their ranks, abuse allegations go without saying, and generally they're close to parties like the Front National in France. The church has been occupied by them since the 80s and remains so till today; French authorities haven't intervened so far on grounds on best keeping the peace that way (?).

I happen to know a family close to the Pius brothers, preferring to attend the old-style Tridentine mass. It seems though that over the last one or two years they've come to the conclusion that they're indeed a bit icky and now have sought out priests of the Fraternity of Saint Peter, essentially Pius defectors who eventually submitted to Rome in exchange for privileges such as the right to hold mass in Latin.

For what was a  extremely flippant remark on my part has elicited a very detailed and quite uncomfortable answer which does concern me about how close to power such people are in France 

• Like 6