The Mad Hatter

24. Jean-Marie Le Pen

92 today.

Couldn't find any specific news about him (so far).

• Like 1

https://www.francedimanche.fr/actualites/jean-marie-le-pen-une-rentree-compliquee

In english:

Back from vacation in the south, 92-year-old Jean-Marie Le Pen appeared tired, despite the support of his ex-wife Pierrette ...

It is a very diminished Jean-Marie Le Pen who was seen at the arrivals terminal of Roissy airport on September 1st. Yes ! This old man with the white mane who has just completed a flight of barely an hour from the Côte d'Azur seems exhausted. For a few days, he went to rest in a pretty villa in Grasse. This old man who clings with dignity to his cane seems weakened to the point of not being able to take a few steps to retrieve his luggage! After getting out of his seat, he had to get into a wheelchair because he seemed insecure on his legs...

On 03/10/2018 at 12:56, gcreptile said:

What I "like" about Le Pen, is that it's "classic" home-grown hate. He got big before russian financing of right-wing groups became a thing. 

Anyone who give leftest turrets can’t be all that bad! If only the French listened to him before bringing in all those fundamentalist “refugees” oh the humanity! 

• Confused 1

Worth keeping for the 2021 list? 

1 hour ago, Jonah said:

Worth keeping for the 2021 list? 

No, drop the bastard. 

Marries his wife with Catholic rites after 20 years of civil union.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Le Pen was trending on Twitter but it turned out only because a minister in the Macron Government accused Marine of being soft on Islam

Le pen won’t die this year I tell you. Here is a picture of him from yesterday « 2022 election night » 

He’s with his successor : Eric Zemmour who turns out to be as racist and sexist as Le Pen and possibly angrier (if it exists) 

6A0AD33A-D532-4B85-AD2A-6C3D7EEEB02D.jpeg

Recently acquitted of anti-Semitic remarks.

And here's a video from 2 days ago (November 5, 2021):

You can compare it to this one (from January 7, 2021):

I think he deteriorated a lot (physically) and it shows in the way he speaks, but he still seems sharp.

Suffers minor stroke, soon to be discharged.

Alive, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

Trying to think of a play on words for the title when he goes. But I can't really put my Pen to Paper at the moment. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

Trying to think of a play on words for the title when he goes. But I can't really put my Pen to Paper at the moment. 

Pen Runs Dry?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

Time to Pen an Obituary

Jean-Marie gets Le Death Pen (alty)

Le Pen est Mortier than Le Sword

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Death Im-Pen-ding? 

We did Nazi that one coming.

• Haha 2

Moins de haine sans le pen 

while I’m here : Marine le Pen (his daughter) has been qualified for the second round of french presidential and recently told a journal that if she wins, her father will be on her government. don’t think it will happen and hope she won’t win but that kind of statement means he’s not on his last leg

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Moins de haine sans le pen 

while I’m here : Marine le Pen (his daughter) has been qualified for the second round of french presidential and recently told a journal that if she wins, her father will be on her government. don’t think it will happen and hope she won’t win but that kind of statement means he’s not on his last leg

Is she even trying to win? So much for the cuddly side of the French far right. 

Recently celebrated his 94 birthday with a bunch of neo-nazis, extremist friends (including Éric Zemmour…). Here’s a short video Where he looks quite good I must admit. When can we get rid of him damn ??! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Recently celebrated his 94 birthday with a bunch of neo-nazis, extremist friends (including Éric Zemmour…). Here’s a short video Where he looks quite good I must admit. When can we get rid of him damn ??! 

Safe for this year and probably next year as well.

• Like 1