The Mad Hatter

24. Jean-Marie Le Pen

13 hours ago, frleon said:

They had lots of family functions (not this wedding though) at Notre-Dame-du-Chardonnet around Paris' Quartier Latin. This church has been taken over by the Society of St. Pius X, a traditionalist fraternity of priests who opposed teh Second Vatican Council and eventually got excommunicated for ordinating bishops of their choosing. There's plenty of unsavoury stuff like Holocaust denialism in their ranks, abuse allegations go without saying, and generally they're close to parties like the Front National in France. The church has been occupied by them since the 80s and remains so till today; French authorities haven't intervened so far on grounds on best keeping the peace that way (?).

I happen to know a family close to the Pius brothers, preferring to attend the old-style Tridentine mass. It seems though that over the last one or two years they've come to the conclusion that they're indeed a bit icky and now have sought out priests of the Fraternity of Saint Peter, essentially Pius defectors who eventually submitted to Rome in exchange for privileges such as the right to hold mass in Latin.

Ahah it's funny that you talk about St Nicolas du Chardonnet ! I live at ten minutes from this church in the Quartier Latin, and each time that i come back from the gay Marais, and that I pass in front of the church I feel very funny by thinking that I am the devil for traditionalist who go in this church ! 

• Like 2

https://www.leparisien.fr/amp/politique/il-a-le-souci-de-ne-plus-interferer-dans-le-debat-public-jean-marie-le-pen-fait-voeu-de-silence-13-09-2023-XX2KVUVOUFFRDF3AT4W4J47HI4.php

Le Pen stop doing  his « journal de bord », he want to stay discreet from the Public, following his recent health problems in june . But the frail « menhir » (his surname in France) has not fallen yet. 

• Like 1

New rumors about his health on social media apparently (though I can’t find any) but his right arm debunks everything telling he’s fine

weird that I don’t see any health rumors… 

• Like 2

New interview.

• Thanks 1

On 26/10/2023 at 22:40, Jonah said:

New interview.

He looks frail but otherwise his shape is good for a 95 years old man. 2023 will not be his year...we would see if his condition evolve in 2024.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 07:42, The Daredevil said:

To stand trial with his daughter on alleged misuse of funds

"An initial pre-trial hearing scheduled for 27 March will be followed by a more in-depth hearing during October and November."

Will indeed face trial in october for misappropriation of 7 millions from the EU. His ill health could prevent him from attending the trial though. 

• Like 2

Repost here from the "The Dead of 2024" thread

Jean-Marie Le Pen (95 yo) "under legal protection, after a medical expertise" said a RN (far-right party) official.

"According to several of those close to him, Jean-Marie Le Pen's health has declined significantly since a heart attack in April 2023."

The imminence of a future trial can also play a role <_<? Who are we to judge?

Source (french) :

Jean-Marie Le Pen, placé "sous régime de protection juridique", annonce le vice-président du RN - France Bleu

• Like 2