18 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4364468/Wheelchair-bound-Eric-Clapton-71-looks-frail.html

Spotted this article on Eric Clapton being in frail health and couldn't find a specific Eric Clapton thread in which to post it which surprised me so I decided it was time to start one for this musical legendary. 

Christ he looks absolutely terrible.Would not have recognised him.This makes me very sad:(

• Like 2

I am hoping it is just his severe bout of bronchitis that has made him so frail.I do worry it is more than that.Then again bronchitis can be bloody awful.

• Like 1

Yeah, if he's got bronchitis he's going to be feeling crap and it does drag you down.  It can be a killer of older weaker people, but I don't think Eric's there yet.

The wheelchair doesn't mean anything, it's just an airport wheelchair, not a permanent fixture.

Despite his ill health, he had the support of his three daughters

Despite his ill health, as if they aren't going to support him because of it? wtf?

• Like 3

Wasn't he a drug addict vor decades? Any year beyond 70 is a gift.

He doesn't really look that bad.

7 hours ago, Toast said:

Yeah, if he's got bronchitis he's going to be feeling crap and it does drag you down.  It can be a killer of older weaker people, but I don't think Eric's there yet.

The wheelchair doesn't mean anything, it's just an airport wheelchair, not a permanent fixture.

True.Doesnt he have neuropathy as well?

Wow. I must be psychic. I hadn't seen any news on Eric but I was just thinking last night that his booze-and-drugs past must be due to catch up with him and I was contemplating starting a thread on him. Maybe it was a subconscious association because I was posting in the Phil Collins thread the other day or because of Chuck Berry's passing but it is a bit eerie to see this thread here now.

• Like 2

Does that wheelchair have Disraeli gears?

• Like 2

He is actually 72 years old and not 71. Happy Birthday, dear Eric! One of the greatest guitarist.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4364468/Wheelchair-bound-Eric-Clapton-71-looks-frail.html

Spotted this article on Eric Clapton being in frail health and couldn't find a specific Eric Clapton thread in which to post it which surprised me so I decided it was time to start one for this musical legendary. 

He looks awful

Trackie bottoms and leather shoes - WTF was he thinking!?

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Toast said:

Well, it doesn't have to be a permanent fixture and it might be a severe case of acute bronchitis, but on the other hand, he still looks bloody awful, much frailer than your normal 72 year old.

And it might also be something worse and the bronchitis thing could be a cover to avoid publicity.

We'll see in a month or two.

I still think it's worth the wheelchair caveat, because people have a tendency to go off and say, "Oh, it's so sad, so-and-so's in a wheelchair now".

• Like 1

My mother is 73, has had four heart attacks, two cardiac bypasses (one triple and one quadruple), seven stents, a cardiac ablation, an implanted defibrillator/pacemaker, a CardioMEMS sensor inside her heart, carts around a permanent IV bag with a 24x7 milrinone drip and just kicked a 10 day bout of bronchitis to the curb. Oh, and she works full time and is a practicing witch. 

While bronchitis is bad I would never count someone out because of it - as long as they can keep it from becoming pneumonia. 

I don't want to hear about the spelling of 'curb,' either, LFN.  ^_^

• Like 2

You want us to kerb our pedantry?

• Like 2

He doesn't look great does he?

With Ginger Baker also ill and Jack Bruce already gone in the not too distant future there may be no living members of Cream left.

How many other groups have all the former members dead? Jimi Hendrix Experience was one of the first groups to clear, back in 2008 with the death of Mitch Mitchell. ELP almost did it last year if not for that plucky Palmer (who by the way, I'd put money on being alive in 2030).

All the main Ramones are gone, no?

We're down to one Mama and no Papas too.

• Like 2

Eric Clapped out 

I know the temptations and Beach Bpys are down to one original member.

43 minutes ago, msc said:

All the main Ramones are gone, no?

We're down to one Mama and no Papas too.

Yup they're all dead now. The Ramones had shit luck seeing as the oldest member lived to be 65.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I know the temptations and Beach Boys are down to one original member.

Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Al Jardine are all alive.  Only the other two Wilson brothers have died.

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Al Jardine are all alive.  Only the other two Wilson brothers have died.

My bad.Could have sworn Love and Jardine died years ago.

How far back do you want to go? Andrews Sisters?