8 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

All of The Andrews Sisters and Mills Brothers are also dead

Well, that's yer problem with family bands right there. Any other outfit can just keep renewing the membership and continue bringing in the money after all the founders are dead. To be fair The Osmonds for one are on this and have their kids out performing now.

Pro-wrestling example, but when the first two or three of his sons died (its a long story), Fritz Von Erich tried to keep the large Dallas crowds coming to the shows by just inventing a new son to westle under the Von Erich name.

The audience reaction was along the lines of "Hey, we're 80s pro-wrestling fans but even we're not falling for that!"

Fritz von Erich faking his dead son's signature so they could sell 10x8s at an inflated price >>>>

He also told Kevin (the sole living Von Erich) that he hadn't the guts to kill himself like his brothers.

Complete charmer, Fritz.

There's only David Johansen and Sylvain Sylvain left from the New York Dolls,

Anyway, back to Eric Clapton. He doesn't look that bad, though seems rather thin. If he was smiling in the pictures and not looking like a right miserable bugger he'd probably look fine. His lack of a chin doesn't help either - he's one of the very few people who I think looks better with facial hair.

9 hours ago, msc said:

He also told Kevin (the sole living Von Erich) that he hadn't the guts to kill himself like his brothers.

Complete charmer, Fritz.

Kevin is living in Hawaii with his extended family. I was glad he got away from here as much as he could, although I think he still has some business interests in Texas. He doesn't come back here very often. When his mom died in late 2015 he had already cut a lot of ties - he brought her back to Dallas, buried her with his father and brothers, and went home.

The story of the Adkissons (the Von Erich's real last name) rears its ugly head into the Dallas Morning News periodically. I always felt compassion for Doris Adkisson. She lost almost everything and yet still persevered. I don't know that I could do the same.

Kevin was my favorite Von Erich. I used to go to the Sportatorium in Dallas to watch him. I was a really pitiful adolescent. :)

• Like 1

Video from one of the recent shows in Royal Albert Hall, he's standing, which is good, albeit looks low on energy.

• Like 1

He's going nowhere soon - considering what a shuffling wreck Bob Dylan has looked for years Clapton's positively athletic by contrast

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 15:24, Weebl said:

He doesn't look great does he?

With Ginger Baker also ill and Jack Bruce already gone in the not too distant future there may be no living members of Cream left.

How many other groups have all the former members dead? Jimi Hendrix Experience was one of the first groups to clear, back in 2008 with the death of Mitch Mitchell. ELP almost did it last year if not for that plucky Palmer (who by the way, I'd put money on being alive in 2030).

Motorhead, as for today.

And, to make it not entirely off-topic:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8093823/eric-clapton-tinnitus-diagnosis

There was a very sick joke when his son died.  Wonder if he will be honoured with the same.

1 minute ago, Bentrovato said:

There was a very sick joke when his son died.  Wonder if he will be honoured with the same.

The one about the difference between a child and a bag of coke?

2 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

The one about the difference between a child and a bag of coke?

Not heard that one. The one I remember is:

Who is the fastest reader in the world?

Eric Clapton's son. 53 stories in 10 seconds.

• Like 1

73 today. :birthday:

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 18:21, Bentrovato said:

Not heard that one. The one I remember is:

Who is the fastest reader in the world?

Eric Clapton's son. 53 stories in 10 seconds.

And Flying V

On 31/3/2017 at 14:59, maryportfuncity said:

He looks awful

Trackie bottoms and leather shoes - WTF was he thinking!?

Christ! White socks Ewwwwww I can forgive him his Enoch Powell fanboy phase,but white terry socks?!!

Space rocking with Hawkwind last night and not looking in such bad shape - dunno if he'll repeat the favour at the Royal Albert Hall where Hawkwind have a gig tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZExd4uYeCQ&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2YrFx67nmCTWNgQPtpDttt-yCZzp9cKxw1q1qGZSYvpMq3mQ8QuwyFHa8

Dave Brock (baseball cap) is four years Clapton's senior, btw

Don’t worry, he doesn’t have coronavirus, it’s just his 74th birthday. :birthday:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Don’t worry, he doesn’t have coronavirus, it’s just his 74th birthday. :birthday:

Happy to hear that and btw it's his 75th.

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Don’t worry, he doesn’t have coronavirus

Are you sure?  How do you know?

Jamie Oldaker, drummer who appeared on many of Eric Clapton’s classic albums is dead at 68

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Jamie Oldaker, drummer who appeared on many of Eric Clapton’s classic albums is dead at 68

There is a zero BPM thread about these blokes.