Deathray

General Election Game

A fairly simple game. 

Nominate 25 general election seats that will be taken by another party at the general election and nominate the new party.

Points will be awarded as follows.

The majority from the previous general election or by-election if the seats changes hands.

+ Half the majority from the previous general election or by-election if the correct new party is predicted.

Deadline for entries is June 8th at 06:59am. 

Credit to SofTD for the general idea. 

• Like 2

Stupid question: what exactly do you mean by "the majority" when calculating points? Percentage points above second place?

2 minutes ago, Switch said:

Stupid question: what exactly do you mean by "the majority" when calculating points? Percentage points above second place?

Number of votes more that first place got than second place.

• Like 1

Corbyn to win 650 seats:P

• Like 1

I predict lib dems will win by a narrow majority thus making Tim farron prime minister. Thersa may is deeply unpopular after her latest decision.

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I predict lib dems will win by a narrow majority thus making Tim farron prime minister. Thersa may is deeply unpopular after her latest decision.

That wont happen lol

Anyone not playing I can send my team to asap to avoid accusations of unfair play.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Anyone not playing I can send my team to asap to avoid accusations of unfair play.

Was thinking about this, then thought, nah! CBA so feel free to pm me your list. 

• Like 1

Oh dear, just noticed I cocked one of the tags up (pun intended).

The UK and Theresa May are clearly trying to be Zimbabwe,  she is attempting to create a 1 party nation by winning all seats.  The truth is, Africa realized along time ago, this was the best way to rule.

However, she has diabetes, and worse it is type II, the selfish kind,  this means she possibly likes a bit of a good time so not suitable to vote for. 

• Like 1

Anyone else actually starting to get the feeling we could go two to three decades of Tory rule?

It is difficult to see where the current political upheaval will leave us. Thatcher/Major only managed 18 years and Major only just scraped in in 1992. If Labour lose badly Jeremy Corbyn will step down but grassroots who got him there will want another candidate of the left. Emily Thornberry perhaps but the powers that be will do their best to keep her off the short list.

15 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Anyone else actually starting to get the feeling we could go two to three decades of Tory rule?

Nah, that imminent WW3 DJL has been bigging up for ages in the other thread will clearly see to us all long before then...

Best thing about all this is the very very possible chance that, come 2025, Tony Blair will have been the only Labour leader to win a general election in 50 years.

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Best thing about all this is the very very possible chance that, come 2025, Tony Blair will have been the only Labour leader to win a general election in 50 years.

Bit of a stick your neck out to predict the Tories will win the 2022 (or 2021 or 2020 or 2019 or 2018 general election)

22 hours ago, Deathray said:

Points will be awarded as follows.

The majority from the 2015 general election if the seats changes hands.

+ Half the majority from the 2015 general election if the correct new party is predicted.

Having seen this in the By-Election Bingo, I was hoping it bear fruit. I'll be taking part. Just one question to see if I've understood correctly...

Say I predict the Lib Dems gain a seat from the Tories. If that comes true, I get 150% of the 2015 majority, if the Tories lose to Labour instead I still get 100% of the 2015 majority and if the Tories hold the seat I get nothing. Correct?

Sorry if I'm being dense. On the general election discussion I have thoughts I'll share...but when I'm more awake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Having seen this in the By-Election Bingo, I was hoping it bear fruit. I'll be taking part. Just one question to see if I've understood correctly...

Say I predict the Lib Dems gain a seat from the Tories. If that comes true, I get 150% of the 2015 majority, if the Tories lose to Labour instead I still get 100% of the 2015 majority and if the Tories hold the seat I get nothing. Correct?

Sorry if I'm being dense. On the general election discussion I have thoughts I'll share...but when I'm more awake.

Spot on. Also sent my team to PB so that's all done. 

OK. I Have just done a first draft of a team. Bit of a struggle because I don't like to think about Labour losing seats to the Tories.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 14:08, Bibliogryphon said:

Should we PM the teams?

Apologies for belated reply. PM them or post them, obviously PMing has it's advantages.

I'm thinking the best way to show the results might be a live tally overnight on election night as the seats come in. Anything to liven up the boredom of a marathon. 

• Like 1

You can alter your team until the deadline anyway.

7 minutes ago, Deathray said:

You can alter your team until the deadline anyway.

No I have done the research and I will only get more depressed.

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

No I have done the research and I will only get more depressed.

Tell me about it. The people of Tatton are particularly fortunate I feel. Aside from the brief interlude of Martin Bell, their last three MPs will most likely be Neil Hamilton, George Osborne and...Esther McVey. :puke:

Well...if you will keep voting Tory...

• Like 1