Gooseberry Crumble

Shirley Bassey

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Bassey

Was quite surprised that one of the most iconic and talented British female singers indeed musical legends of the past fifty years Shirley Bassey didn't have her own thread. 

As an internationally famous superstar she certainly deserves one especially as she turned 80 in early January. 

It would be a bit of a forum travesty if we were caught unawares and she passed away without a thread already established imo! 

She's also quite a private person so she could well have serious health issues that we are unaware of and thus she isn't really on our radar in terms of the deathlist or predictions. 

6167-shirley-bassey.jpg

A relatively recent picture of the grand Dame and Diva! 

• Like 2

She's on my list. ;):P

• Like 1

On 2017-04-24 at 19:04, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I agree with her. Good on you for speaking up, Dame Shirley.

In the time she spent on that interview, she could have been in the kitchen making a sandwich instead. :evil2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Predictor said:

In the time she spent on that interview, she could have been in the kitchen making a sandwich instead. :evil2:

I think she has housemaids for that! 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdon-mountain-railway-carriage-named-14457343

Dame Shirley Bassey to visit North Wales were a railway carriage will be named after her.

On another note I am mildly surprised that Shirley did not perform at the Royal Albert Hall concert last night for the Queens special birthday celebrations .She has performed at so many of these type of royal occasions previously eg the golden jubilee  and possibly the diamond jubilee also that I assume that the Queen is a fan .I would be surprised if she wasn't asked but who knows?

On 08/03/2018 at 22:05, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Man, Mike D'Abo doesn't look that healthy himself

74 and obitable - just sayin'

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Good point. 

10 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Paul Jones is 76 and looks as fit as a flea.

Life can be cruel.

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Paul Jones is 76 and looks as fit as a flea.

Life can be cruel.

Clean living, with God on his side and never rumoured to be other than straight (sexually). He may well see out all his contemporaries in the music business.

Shirley was on the Michael Ball/Alfie Boe Christmas show last night. Not great on her feet (probably all that dancing in hob nail boots) but looked fine otherwise. Can still belt out a tune.

Her swansong perhaps.  'Dame Shirley Bassey to release first new album in five years'.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53669918

• Like 1

Holy shit, I got scared for a second when I saw activity on a Shirley Bassey thread.  Had no idea who she was until I watched the 2013 Oscars.  At first I was like, wow, this lady has amazing presence and a great voice, especially for someone older.  Then I saw exactly how old she was at the time, and to still be able to sing like that?  Mariah Carey's voice basically left her at 35, and this woman is still belting it out in her 70's?  I was blown away.  Since then I've certainly familiarized myself with who she is.  What a legendary performer.

Don't you fucking dare fuck with Shirley Bassey, 2020!  

• Like 7