Gooseberry Crumble

Shirley Bassey

I wonder if she will appear at Wimbledon she normally has a day in the royal box. 

On 08/06/2022 at 23:49, Thatcher said:

Again, difficult to spot in footage but she was billed as part of the ‘national choir’ that were singing the anthem at the end so same situation as with Shirley.

There is video footage here from Jessica Ennis-Hill who was on stage but it’s not a good angle and doesn’t show everyone who was there. I understand why the TV cameras were focussed solely on the balcony but it is slightly annoying they didn’t pan once to the cohort of celebs gathered, particularly when so much was trailed in the press about them. 

If it helps any, here’s a picture of Sandie from May this year at Ivor Novello awards. 

More coverage was shown on the Big Screen for us in the crowd on the Mail which the BBC and Sky cut to go to talking. The only celebrity I remember seeing on the Big Screen and not when I rewatched on TV through was Rustie Lee. 

• Like 1

This is a conversation about nothing that seems to have stemmed from nothing.

She's fine.

On 10/06/2022 at 14:11, The Old Crem said:

She did sing at the BAFTA’s  the other month which was a harder gig than attending a party. 

Tom Jones says Shirley Bassey scuppered a planned jubilee duet because she wanted to perform solo | Daily Mail Online Mystery solved. Seems Shirley wanted to perform  solo at the Jubilee but others wanted her to duet with Tom Jones which she scuppered/refused.

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Tom Jones says Shirley Bassey scuppered a planned jubilee duet because she wanted to perform solo | Daily Mail Online Mystery solved. Seems Shirley wanted to perform  solo at the Jubilee but others wanted her to duet with Tom Jones which she scuppered/refused.

He doesn't have the range, darling.

• Haha 2

She has Been at a couple of awards ceremonies this week and she has looked well for her age but at the Pride of Britain she was only seen walking holding onto to Emile Sande. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/dame-shirley-bassey-receives-honorary-gay-award-at-2023-attitude-awards/vi-AA1i6QPJ?ocid=hpmsn

• Like 1

She's in the honours list, again 

Seriously, wtf has she been doing all day for most of this century? It's not like she's greatly stepped up her contributions to national life is it? Or did I miss summat?

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Seriously, wtf has she been doing all day for most of this century? It's not like she's greatly stepped up her contributions to national life is it? Or did I miss summat?

The Honours (!) List is such a farce that including a few worthy winners each time does not save it from being a national disgrace & laughing stock. The Royal Family can honour their own with extra honours/initials/awards (but took Diana's HRH away), Labour award Tom Watson, Wilson honoured some shady characters & Johnson wanted a peerage for his alleged wife-beater father after already knighting his brother. His usually sensible sister said her father was due a knighthood anyway & Beckham is still clamouring for a knighthood by 'liking' any royal tweets that heis team notice. What is needed is for someone to nominate Captain Tom's daughter, Farage, Clarkson, Morgan, Lineker, Vorderman & Madeley for the highest honours available & the system will implode.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Look at it as a "Lifetime Achievement Award" or summat. Bassey isn't the first, won't be the last. Olivia de Haviland had been retired for the best part of 30 years when she was "Damed". You should save your outrage for the blatantly political awards (e.g Charlotte Owen, and Liz Truss' list).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, time said:

Look at it as a "Lifetime Achievement Award" or summat. Bassey isn't the first, won't be the last. Olivia de Haviland had been retired for the best part of 30 years when she was "Damed". You should save your outrage for the blatantly political awards (e.g Charlotte Owen, and Liz Truss' list).

Owen was - allegedly - Bojo's love-child though I think that's been debunked by some reputable sources. I did see a cracking put down on that suggestion pointing out that spending time with and/or helping his kids isn't something Johnson's particularly known for!

• Like 2

Glynis Johns overlooked again? But of course she never sang for Charles unlike Bassey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Watcher said:

Glynis Johns overlooked again? But of course she never sang for Charles unlike Bassey.

She just doesn't have the range darling.

• Haha 2

Sometimes people are offered honours and decline them, but we never hear about it.

• Like 2