Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Lilianne Bettencourt

Thought it was time for a thread for the L`Oreal heiress and richest woman in the world Lilianne Bettencourt.Now 94 and has had Alzheimer's since 2006 and was put under a conservatorship in 2011.Not been heard of since which is unsurprising given her bad health.A good candidate for 2018 if she lasts that long I would think.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Thought it was time for a thread for the L`Oreal heiress and richest woman in the world Lilianne Bettencourt.Now 94 and has had Alzheimer's since 2006 and was put under a conservatorship in 2011.Not been heard of since which is unsurprising given her bad health.A good candidate for 2018 if she lasts that long I would think.

She seems pretty deathlisty. Gives me Estée Lauder or Brooke Astor vibes. Good pick for next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackschlotter said:

She seems pretty deathlisty. Gives me Estée Lauder or Brooke Astor vibes. Good pick for next year.

Current richest woman in the world the 11th richest person alive and the richest woman of all time who is associated with a global brand and had connections with key figures in France.Definitely Deathlist worthy.

• Like 1

If she is alive Jan 1 she is defo someone I hope makes the deatlist 50

• Like 3

She has had advanced Alzheimer's for years, she must be reduced to a vegetable right now. Excellent pick for DL.

Ah, Liliane is written with one n.

An excellent choice for both a thread and a deathlist candidate. 

Is the lady of whom there's a power struggle over her will and power of attorney? 

Eighth hit on my shadow list.

Edited by Bibliogryphon
Inability to count.
  • Like 2

Meh, I used to pick her in a couple of pools, but got bored of her/her case, and forgot about her this year. Surely, Sumner Redstone is going to follow soon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Meh, I used to pick her in a couple of pools, but got bored of her/her case, and forgot about her this year. Surely, Sumner Redstone is going to follow soon.

You might want to check in with the doctor. You might be suffering from Alzheimer's disease...

She was one of those old ladies you keep expecting to die at any moment but she never does, so at some point you just give up and forget death is a realistic option for her.

• Like 3

So, to avoid further misses...

BBC line up of the world's richest women: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41358593

That'll be 67 year old Alice Walton in first place with a net worth around £25 billion, then

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Interesting. The Mars company is named after its founder... and Mrs. Bertarelli wrote All Saints' mega hit "Black Coffee". I really like that song.

Edit: And where is her majesty?

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Interesting. The Mars company is named after its founder... and Mrs. Bertarelli wrote All Saints' mega hit "Black Coffee". I really like that song.

Edit: And where is her majesty?

Hmm - well, Her Maj may be loaded but the actual ownership of many of the assets is - legally speaking - ours and not hers. Not that she was elected, exactly...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

That'll be 67 year old Alice Walton in first place with a net worth around £25 billion, then

Needs to go in Widow Shopping :-)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

The Mars heiress looks like she's the most likely of the lot, both by age and that picture.

21 hours ago, RishCast said:

The Mars heiress looks like she's the most likely of the lot, both by age and that picture.

Aye, a few on there - notably Klatten - appear to have spent money on personal training and general long-life activities.

On 9/22/2017 at 17:44, maryportfuncity said:

Yep, those Walton people have earned a fortune selling crap make under slave-conditions in third world countries, paying starvation wages to their employees and then laying them off every once in a while, and wiping out the mom and pop companies around them when they move into rural and less populated areas. Beware that much of their products and foods are produced under less than optimal standards in China. They also descriminate against female employees. Seems like a majority of their customers are poor and not likley to know much of these facts. Walmart sucks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Yep, those Walton people have earned a fortune selling crap make under slave-conditions in third world countries, paying starvation wages to their employees and then laying them off every once in a while, and wiping out the mom and pop companies around them when they move into rural and less populated areas. Beware that much of their products and foods are produced under less than optimal standards in China. They also descriminate against female employees. Seems like a majority of their customers are poor and not likley to know much of these facts. Walmart sucks!

So you are the anti-George Bush, and wish people would be less like the Waltons and more like The Simpsons?

:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

I'll tell you what's really tragic about that

Most of the people who's lives are endangered by such behaviour aren't remotely obitable

4 hours ago, msc said:

So you are the anti-George Bush, and wish people would be less like the Waltons and more like The Simpsons?

Nope. Just wish the Waltons were better People and paid their People better, promoted women, and sold ethically and safely produced items. And not suck so much!

5 hours ago, msc said:

anti George Bush? Isn't everybody. And Tony Blair at the same time.