Gooseberry Crumble

Robert Redford

cf9149afe4ec6a139e24d9f5468cb1ae.jpg

Felt that a thread for legendary big name movie actor was warranted and due. 

A prolific actor and director who has been influential in the movie industry especially in his later years with his founding of the innovative Sundance Film festival. 

I felt that his status and history as one of Hollywood's favourite leading men justified an individual thread.He's definitely one from his generation of actors who's a household name.The fact he's turned 80 in the last year, has in recent years been the subject of gossip and speculation over his health and his recent announcement that he plans to retire from acting are taken together good ground's for him now finally having his own thread. 

He's certainly a big enough name for us not to want to be caught unawares on here if he were too pass away suddenly. 

So here it is a thread for one of the most accomplished and popular actors in the past fifty years -Robert Redford. 

• Like 1

You've managed to create more threads in just over a month than I have in 7 years! :D

Redford feels like a future Deathlist name, yes, but not for a while yet, short of any major health news.

• Like 4

Just now, msc said:

You've managed to create more threads in just over a month than I have in 7 years! :D

Redford feels like a future Deathlist name, yes, but not for a while yet, short of any major health news.

Indeed! 

I'm sure there was a blind item from a gossip website on here in the past year or even just months ago about an unnamed actor who had terminal cancer and there was speculation that it was Robert Redford? 

• Like 1

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Indeed! 

I'm sure there was a blind item from a gossip website on here in the past year or even just months ago about an unnamed actor who had terminal cancer and there was speculation that it was Robert Redford? 

Probably those Val Kilmer rumors again that actually turned out to be true!

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Probably those Val Kilmer rumors again that actually turned out to be true!

Very possibly! 

I know a few news sources in the US have speculated on his health alas one being the very tabloidie Radar Online! 

But sometimes I think they do get it right! 

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Indeed! 

It was a while ago, but both OoO and Spade (iirc) thought that the clues led to the late Omar Sharif.

Though one of those blind items "6 months left, cancer, untreatable" was revealed as Aretha once, and best I know, she's still with us.

4 minutes ago, msc said:

It was a while ago, but both OoO and Spade (iirc) thought that the clues led to the late Omar Sharif.

Though one of those blind items "6 months left, cancer, untreatable" was revealed as Aretha once, and best I know, she's still with us.

Yes it can be very hard to know what to make of some blinds in celebrity gossip -I think their much more reliable when hinting who is in the closet and bearding! 

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Just now, Toast said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

True! 

I remember Zsa Zsa Gabors daughter using the publication as a means to let the world see that her mother's health and condition wasn't as her publicity loving husband portrayed. 

I understand her frustration but the pictures I felt uneasy with as whilst not malicious they felt a bit like a violation. But in other ways I understood her reasons. 

Anyway slightly off topic! 

National Inquirer did a 6 months to live story on Michael Jackson in January 2009. If you throw enough out there, you'll hit something eventually.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Indeed! 

I think it was supposed to be Michael Douglas.

24 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I think it was supposed to be Michael Douglas.

Do people still speculate that it's Michael Douglas or has it been "cleared up"  or resolved now? 

20 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Do people still speculate that it's Michael Douglas or has it been "cleared up"  or resolved now? 

Tabloids do speculate about everything, but... Michael was diagnosed with head and neck cancer in 2010 and was (said to be) in remission since 2011. I'd say that an advanced cancer would've killed him by now if it hadn't been resolved.

He's been seen in public many times since (e.g. his daddy's 100th birthday party), and he didn't seem ill at all. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that he won't die of cancer, but AFAIK there's no reason to believe that he has terminal cancer right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

Tabloids do speculate about everything, but... Michael was diagnosed with head and neck cancer in 2010 and was (said to be) in remission since 2011. I'd say that an advanced cancer would've killed him by now if it hadn't been resolved.

He's been seen in public many times since (e.g. his daddy's 100th birthday party), and he didn't seem ill at all. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that he won't die of cancer, but AFAIK there's no reason to believe that he has terminal cancer right now.

Thank you for the detail. 

I do recall a few months ago when President Obama was handing out his last batch of Presidential freedom medals that Recipient Robert Redford looked a lot more "worse for wear"  or less vital healthwise than fellow recipient Cicely Tyson who's a good ten years older than him aged 91/92.

Maybe it's time to open one for Michael Caine, he is on my watchlist ever since I read this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I do recall a few months ago when President Obama was handing out his last batch of Presidential freedom medals that Recipient Robert Redford looked a lot more "worse for wear"  or less vital healthwise than fellow recipient Cicely Tyson who's a good ten years older than him aged 91/92.

I haven't seen any recent photos of him, but I don't think he's had any "work done". 

He certainly looked to be ageing naturally some time ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Maybe it's time to open one for Michael Caine, he is on my watchlist ever since I read this.

Go for it before I beat you to it! ;)

He's an absolute legend worthy of his own thread. 

I'm working on a list that's sort of work in progress but my list is 85% female! Doing it gradually so as not to be accused of flooding the forum! 

But sure I think you should start a Michael Caine thread! 

So you are going to post a bunch of individual threads, we are to expect that now? 

Thanks for posting this one we can look at for ten fucking goddamn years before it's necessary.  Can't wait for the rest.

SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

So you are going to post a bunch of individual threads, we are to expect that now? 

Thanks for posting this one we can look at for ten fucking goddamn years before it's necessary.  Can't wait for the rest.

SC

Your saying that Robert Redford is immune to terminal illness? :o

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Get over yourself. 

Passive aggressive and unnecessarily rude and yes your most welcome Mystic Meg! 

On 02/05/2017 at 23:03, Sir Creep said:

SC

This post has aged as well as a baby born five months early.

Take it with a grain of salt, but some tabloids are alleging he has months to live.