maryportfuncity

Maryport's Midsummer Dead Pool 2017

Wait can i still sign up for this or am i too late.

Just now, The Mad Hatter said:

Wait can i still sign up for this or am i too late.

Read the rules. 

On 5/2/2017 at 07:29, maryportfuncity said:

21 entrants (20 quickest off the mark plus your host and - ahem - master Maryportfuncity). Competition opens on 1 June with the aim of getting a winner by midsummer's day.

bruceForsythe_jpg_2692534b.jpg

Maryport’s Midsummer Madness Dead Pool 2016 (That’ll be MMMDP to you lot!)

That there masterlist in all its grim glory! (will appear here some time on 1 June)

Emperor whathisface for me.

2 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Emperor whathisface for me.

Again, read the rules. You have to wait till 9 o'clock BST on May 31st. There's a reason why it starts on the 1st of June. 

36 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Again, read the rules. You have to wait till 9 o'clock BST on May 31st. There's a reason why it starts on the 1st of June. 

Aye none of this HPDP stuff of "oh look, she's very ill - I'll bag her and nail the points this week cos she'll never see 1 Jan!"

31 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye none of this HPDP stuff of "oh look, she's very ill - I'll bag her and nail the points this week cos she'll never see 1 Jan!"

Oy vey, that's why I'm still in the lead in the HPDP - thanks to Carrie Fisher and Gregorio Alvarez. :blush:

But in my defense, I had no idea such a rule existed when making my team!

4 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Oy vey, that's why I'm still in the lead in the HPDP - thanks to Carrie Fisher and Gregorio Alvarez. :blush:

But in my defense, I had no idea such a rule existed when making my team!

Aye RG; but you'll be entering hereabouts at 00-01 hrs on 1 June, right?

MMMDP Form Guide #50

Peter-Blake.jpg

Peter Blake

Not much going with his health, but with a particular album reaching it's 50th anniversary this year, and he did the cover art for this particular album, could he be the lucky man who makes the grave June 1st? 

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #51

larry-bell-mk-02-21.jpg

Larry Bell

Speaking of Peter Blake - above - there are four musicians on the cover of Sgt Pepper all breathing - Ringo, Paul, Dylan and Dion - and only one other person who remains alive, this guy. An artist (b.1939). Despite his relative low profile compared to his 1960's heyday the Sgt Pepper appearance alone is probs good for QO status.

MMMDP #52

Image result for henry the mild mannered janitor

Like last year could it be Henry the mild mannered janitor somewhere out there quietly dying away where only Spade can find him?

• Like 6

Image result for gary glitter

Form Guide #53 - he's got form all right....

Dodgy heart, dodgy cock. pus-filled excuse for an human being; but enough of the laudatory nonsense

Is he 'Tired of This Life I'm Living'?

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 17:22, Spade_Cooley said:

MMDP Form Guide: π

MV5BMTM0NjY3OTU0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODc3

Dina Merrill

I've just discovered that Dina Merrill is still alive, so why not Dina Merrill?

Why not? Because she's dead.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Image result for gary glitter

Form Guide #53 - he's got form all right....

Dodgy heart, dodgy cock. pus-filled excuse for an human being; but enough of the laudatory nonsense

Is he 'Tired of This Life I'm Living'?

Took me a minute to recognise him. I thought it was Timothy West on a bad day. 

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #54

AcdgjXY.jpg

Jack Nicholson

Fingered elsewhere on this very site (possible for 2018) and known to have fingered a few himself, along with a range of other party activities. A man who's lived enough life for a car full of the rest of us mere mortals and that mileage will eventually write off the movie legend. Not conspiciously on the way out currently; but you never know.

On 5/2/2017 at 12:18, Joey Russ said:

MMDP Form Guide #14

Gregg Allman 

His quit tourism for the remainder of the year, so could he be one to meet the grim reaper soon? Maybe with some more rambling...

IMG_0328.JPG

Ah, damn it...

On 5/3/2017 at 17:48, Grim Up North said:

MMDP Form Guide #16

Image result for pineapple

Everybody's favourite Panamanian, Manuel Noriega.

Fu Canal - Noriega hasn't made start line either:hatsoff:(is that a Panama hat?)

I have decided who I will try to nab tomorrow.Really need to decide on a top 5 in case I get beaten to it!

Been sitting on a pick for about three weeks now, they're probably gonna drop dead in the next 36 hours and fuck my plans for a repeat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Been sitting on a pick for about three weeks now, they're probably gonna drop dead in the next 36 hours and fuck my plans for a repeat.

Out of the five I am thinking of I reckon at least 3 are in danger of going before the startline.

I was internally debating about whether or not to set an alarm for 3:00AM tomorrow morning just to be able to get a good pick first.

But I decided against it, as I haven't done much research anyway. I'll probably just end up going for fucking Violet Brown or some shit.

I'll pick a random old person rather than someone at death's door as my DL Cup survival gives incentive to keep the best picks secret.

Of course if first thing tomorrow I find out Bush Sr or Ivan Klasnic has snuffed it, then one of those Cup squad names will have to settle for here...

MMMDP Form Guide #55

_96271153_5ec1185b-19fa-4f7a-a822-6913ea

Rolf Harris

Near nonogenarian nonce case - newly freed to face more allegations and so recognisable that a trip outside to tend his flowerbed might well end in pap snaps and a plethora of abuse from passers-by. Wasn't that well to start with and his wife's frail health is another drain on the depleted Harris health resources. Chances of a last hurrah at the Royal Variety Show = virtually nil. Chances of surviving the whole of June - probable but he's puntworthy for all that.

I think I know who I'm going to pick (I will set an alarm for 2:50, then go back to bed after I pick him :lol:). 

I have a couple of candidates and will probably randomly pick one. We've become really good at this. Last year, it took about a week to have a winner. Now we'll be talking about 2-3 days at most.

I think I'm going to pick someone at least somewhat notable, actually.

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I have a couple of candidates and will probably randomly pick one. We've become really good at this. Last year, it took about a week to have a winner. Now we'll be talking about 2-3 days at most.

I think I'm going to pick someone at least somewhat notable, actually.

Less than three days, actually.... 

I was at a journalist pub quiz (our team won, obviously) and checked my phone after being allowed to turn it on post-quiz. Every other hack there was more concerned about the news that Muhammad Ali had hours to live but I was more concerned for janitorial.