Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo 2017-22

Well that was unexpected but we pick ourselves up and start again, so I present to you By-Election Bingo II (2017-22) with increased picks.

Just pick 50 MPs who you think might depart their seat before 2022 and I will keep score

Death = 30 points

Crimianl activity - 20 points

Resignation - 10 points (reducing to 5 if they defect and regain their seat)

The will be 10 point bonuses for unique picks and a 25 point bonus for the by-elction that wipes out the  majority of the governing party and 50 point bonus if the by-election results brings down the government.

Be warned this will try our patience as you will need to invest 5 years to play (but we thought that last time).

PM me with your teams from June 9 onwards.  I will give you until 30 June to have them all lined up.

Lets see if we can get more players this time.

• Like 6

Ah, good.

Alas, I feel 2015-17 version favourite "The Ghost" David Winnick is odds on to lose his seat in a few weeks. Terribly sad when likely open goals are taken away from you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, msc said:

Ah, good.

Alas, I feel 2015-17 version favourite "The Ghost" David Winnick is odds on to lose his seat in a few weeks. Terribly sad when likely open goals are taken away from you.

Another walking fossil of the Labour party Paul Flynn looks in danger of being booted out too.

• Like 1

Who is everyones local MP out of interest?

No one for me. I'm an American. :P 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Another walking fossil of the Labour party Paul Flynn looks in danger of being booted out too.

Not so sure. Flynn's the type who might be right up for a "backs against the wall" fight and then survive while folk with far better majorities fall.

5 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Chris Stephens, SNP.

A lot better than his predecessor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Philip (UKIP in disguise)* Hollobrain sorry Hollobone.

* It is not a very good disguise.

Biblio if I submit my team on the 9th and an Mp dies or resigns before Nuly does it count.Also do members who dont take their seat count?

26 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Margaret Ferrier, SNP.

Overturned a 20 thousand something majority for the "late" not great Tom Greatrex, one of those career Labour guys who was obviously given a "safe" Labour seat to promote his career.

Given the local elections here, Margaret is staying MP.

3 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Biblio if I submit my team on the 9th and an Mp dies or resigns before Nuly does it count.Also do members who dont take their seat count?

In 2015 I did say that points would not be awarded for those who die before the start date but Kudos would be given.

If you are talking Sinn Fein then they are elected MPs and will remain so for the duration of the parliament I will judge other circumstances on merit. Generally if there is a vacancy to be filled points are scored.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Daniel Zeichner, Labour.

Good local MP, I'll be voting for him again. Elected in 2015 at his 5th attempt trying to get into parliament. Voted against article 50 three line whip but got to keep his job as Shadow Transport Minister. Only 599 Majority and facing strong challenge from Lib Dems however...

• Like 1

Gavin Barwell, Tory. The kind of seat Labour should be taking in a walk if they have any plans of getting back into government. 

• Like 1

Another bingo game? What is this, a freaking retirement home? :old: How about we knit quilts while waiting for the exciting developments that is British politix.

Alright, here's my first draft for the competition:

1. Eoin McGnomy <--- hahahahahahahahahahahaha

2. Winston Churchill

3. Someone's mum. Haven't decide who's yet.

I'll figure out the remaining 47 in time for the deadline.

This actually came before the scavenger hunt bingo. It's a rerun of an MP bingo. @Predictor

To be fair Scavenger Hunt is more of a genuine bingo game. Here it is used for alliterative purposes.

19 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

There will be 10 point bonuses for unique picks and a 25 point bonus for the by-election that wipes out the  majority of the governing party and 50 point bonus if the by-election results brings down the government.

Nothing like being optimistic eh Biblio?:lol:

8 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Kate Hollern, Labour. Local council leader who took over in 2015 from Jack Straw. Somehow failed to make an appearance in Corbyn's revolving door of a Shadow Cabinet, which is surprising given our other two post-war MPs both rose to be Cabinet Ministers. (Yes, that's right, in 72 years we've had 3 MPs...we're what you might call a "safe seat".)

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Gavin Barwell, Tory. The kind of seat Labour should be taking in a walk if they have any plans of getting back into government. 

Looks like it'll be staying Tory this time then Spade... :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Nothing like being optimistic eh Biblio?:lol:

That bonus was included in the last game because of the small majority we don'the know what the majority will be but I will keep the bonus even if it is unlikely to come into play. 

37 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

That bonus was included in the last game because of the small majority we don'the know what the majority will be but I will keep the bonus even if it is unlikely to come into play. 

Also *cough* election fraud *cough* means there may actually be a possibility. 

• Like 1

Election fraud wont overthrow a government with a triple figure majority. Or indeed, any government, but specifically...

6 hours ago, msc said:

Election fraud wont overthrow a government with a triple figure majority. Or indeed, any government, but specifically...

You're rather counting your chickens if you think the triple figure majority is guaranteed. While I'm no doubt certain May will win the election, I reckon the small majority is in order of around 50-70 by election day after manifestos come out.

16 minutes ago, Deathray said:

You're rather counting your chickens if you think the triple figure majority is guaranteed. While I'm no doubt certain May will win the election, I reckon the small majority is in order of around 50-70 by election day after manifestos come out.

I think this election is too complicated to call. So many push and pull factors.

I"m still trying to figure out how I got 30 points last game.  WOO HOO, just happy not to get shut out, knowing little to nothing about the subjects involved.
That said, let's give her another go.  How does that work with an impending election?  Alas....I'll just throw together 50 names and see what sticks.
SC

• Like 1

I am wondering whether Craig Mackinlay will win his seat of South Thanet on Thursday. If so how many people will be hoping for an early  20 points?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am wondering whether Craig Mackinlay will win his seat of South Thanet on Thursday. If so how many people will be hoping for an early  20 points?

I reckon he will win.

• Like 1