Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo 2017-22

On 6/10/2017 at 14:26, Bibliogryphon said:

I have compiled my team so get them in.

Question is will this game be over before Scavenger Hunt?

I will send you a team but you'll have to let me know who is no longer avail as per your recent elections.  

SC

Yep, my low quality entry is in and ready to be trounced.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to put Dianne Abbott and Theresa May, plus randomize 48 other random members of the parliament. :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I'm tempted to put Dianne Abbott and Theresa May, plus randomize 48 other random members of the parliament. :P 

To be fair the whole 650 of them are pretty random. The guy that beat Nick Clegg had to go out and buy a suit from an all night supermarket when it looked like he might win his seat.

• Like 1

Thinking of running a pool similar to this.Two big differences though:1 points are only awarded in the event of death and 2 You can pick 50 names of MP`s from across the years who are still living.Anyone interested?

• Like 1

Shaun, yer head's going to explode trying to keep track of all these deadpools!

• Like 3

Oh dont worry it won`t be until next year at the earliest.We will probably have two more general elections before then!

Oh 2 more elections. Who else is excited?

Sevilla-vs-Manchester-City-Champions-Lea

Ok, just me, then.

Swearing in of MPs begins tomorrow if anyone wants to form spot.

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Thinking of running a pool similar to this.Two big differences though:1 points are only awarded in the event of death and 2 You can pick 50 names of MP`s from across the years who are still living.Anyone interested?

Count me in

Shaun should run one big pool instead of several smaller ones :hint:.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2017 at 19:38, Bibliogryphon said:

Well that was unexpected but we pick ourselves up and start again, so I present to you By-Election Bingo II (2017-22) with increased picks.

Just pick 50 MPs who you think might depart their seat before 2022 and I will keep score

Lets see if we can get more players this time.

I thought this would be a fun challenge. To help with my research, I asked my UK friends, each in a separate county, if they'd be surprised if an MP in their county had been under police investigation, was charged, and had to give up her or his seat. Unanimous 'no'. I may try a random generator for names as well.

• Like 1

I'm in nearer to cut-off date.

• Like 1

If my understanding of the order of seniority is right and the live updates on parliament live are showing everyone then Dennis Skinner should have sworn into parliament this morning and hasn't?

Never mind they don't appear to be using the order of seniority.

Nah, in 2015 he was 209th to be sworn in. It never seems to be in any order. He's there, anyhow. Made a joke to Black Rod about "seeing you next week at this rate" or something like that.

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Nah, in 2015 he was 209th to be sworn in. It never seems to be in any order. He's there, anyhow. Made a joke to Black Rod about "seeing you next week at this rate" or something like that.

Yup. It appears the MPs don't follow the rules. There's meant to be a order for it in which they swear in by the date they were first elected to parliament (most recent stint) but it appears absolutely no-one gives a shit watching it this morning. Shame, I was going to use the first 50 MPs as my team.

They never have - hence in 1970, Kaufman got sworn in on Day 1 fairly early on, but Skinner made sure he got sworn in on Day 2.

23 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

That will read like the House of Lords signing in sheet. Will play.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-10 at 16:42, msc said:

You've got till June 30, going by the OP. Might be able to squeeze a decent game out - David Butler says 8 months tops this parliament should last, and the 1974 parliament still managed to squeeze in a by-election.

I suspect the class of 2017 are on average younger and healthier than the 74 intake 

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I suspect the class of 2017 are on average younger and healthier than the 74 intake 

Oh it wasn't a death iirc, but someone sodding off for a better paying job. That happened a lot at the time.

David Winnick and Sir Pickles leaving the Commons has probably improved the average health of our MPs by about 10% though.

Just sent in my piss poor attempt at doing this. I was tempted to post it on this thread, but I decided not to cause I'm hoping for some uniques. :D 

The YoungWillz No Seat For Rump Parliament Team has been sent to BiblioG by PM.

Here we go again...