Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo 2017-22

36 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

However before I get ahead of myself who wants me to run By-election Bingo 2019-2024?

Image result for do it do it gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

However before I get ahead of myself who wants me to run By-election Bingo 2019-sometime in 2020?

FTFY.

But the game is fun, please continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

However before I get ahead of myself who wants me to run By-election Bingo 2019-2024?

Don't give up! One of these parliaments has got to last the full 5 years...surely? :unsure:

• Haha 1

On 29/10/2019 at 13:02, Bibliogryphon said:

This looks like it is cruising to another early finish and at the moment could be just a score draw. With the only losers being The people who didn't pick Paul Flynn and The British Electorate.

Although it stays running until The Queen officially dissolves parliament. 

The new Parliament will be messy. Is there time for full scrutiny of candidates and it could be the ugliest and most poisonous campaign ever. However this might mean that the non death by elections might be more interesting.

Optimistic. 

But yes., please keep this wonderful game going.

• Like 2

On 29/10/2019 at 13:02, Bibliogryphon said:

This looks like it is cruising to another early finish and at the moment could be just a score draw. With the only losers being The people who didn't pick Paul Flynn and The British Electorate.

Although it stays running until The Queen officially dissolves parliament. 

The new Parliament will be messy. Is there time for full scrutiny of candidates and it could be the ugliest and most poisonous campaign ever. However this might mean that the non death by elections might be more interesting.

Please do.I'm in!I hope it stays at 50 names too.Makes it more interesting.

• Like 1

This is actually my favourite pool other than the DDP.It depends on so many factors death and corruption included.

• Like 1

If Ross Thompson is still in his seat after the election, he should be on everyone's list.

Yet again in the news for groping other MPs.

February

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/08/ross-thomson-mp-denies-sexual-assaults-house-of-commons-bar

Today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50280977

He has a 10.6% majority over SNP's Callum McCraig in Aberdeen South.

Anywhere else in the UK you might consider 10.6% safe, but Scotland has an uniquely clusterfucked electoral dynamic and even more willing vote switchers. 

3 hours ago, Kinnock said:

If Ross Thompson is still in his seat after the election, he should be on everyone's list.

Yet again in the news for groping other MPs.

February

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/08/ross-thomson-mp-denies-sexual-assaults-house-of-commons-bar

Today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50280977

He has a 10.6% majority over SNP's Callum McCraig in Aberdeen South.

Anywhere else in the UK you might consider 10.6% safe, but Scotland has an uniquely clusterfucked electoral dynamic and even more willing vote switchers. 

Scratch this. He's already stood down. Central office had a word with him? :lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Scratch this. He's already stood down. Central office had a word with him? :lol:

source (1).gif

• Haha 2

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. I can confirm I will run a 2019-2024 By-election bingo game.

It will open in a new thread sometime around the beginning of December but the stupid timing of this election means that players will have until 31st January 2020 to get their teams in.

• Like 3

On 04/11/2019 at 11:57, Bibliogryphon said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. I can confirm I will run a 2019-2024 By-election bingo game.

It will open in a new thread sometime around the beginning of December but the stupid timing of this election means that players will have until 31st January 2020 to get their teams in.

Someone not a fan of trying to compile By-Election Bingo lists at the same time as deadpooling lists.

:lol::lol: Don't blame you though. 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 11:57, Bibliogryphon said:

It is with great reluctance that I have decided not to run a 2019-2024 By-election Bingo game. There are a couple of reasons one is pressure of work and the second is that I am genuinely terrified of the result on Friday. 

I am happy if someone wants to take the format and would play but I will not have time to compile the game.

Very sorry.

• Sad 2

Did we...
Was there..
So what then.... a tie at 30 points?  A final tally I missed?

On 07/12/2019 at 11:16, Bibliogryphon said:

It is with great reluctance that I have decided not to run a 2019-2024 By-election Bingo game. There are a couple of reasons one is pressure of work and the second is that I am genuinely terrified of the result on Friday. 

I am happy if someone wants to take the format and would play but I will not have time to compile the game.

Very sorry.

It's hard to maintain objective interest in something when it causes so much personal pain. I stayed up late into the night for things like Swinson because it's what you do on election night: the shocks, the moments, history happening before your eyes. But, really, I wanted to go to bed at 10.05 - John Curtice is never out by much.

I'm glad someone's stepped up to run it in your stead. I can try to derive some pleasure by choosing 65 of them to get rid of over the next 5 years.