Sean

29. Linda Nolan

8 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

60 today! :birthday:

Aye, and mocking those of us who thought her nailed on this time last year

Fair play to her

• Like 1

She's working her way through her bucket list.

“The cancer hasn’t spread and that’s the main thing. That is the worry, of course,” says Linda. “It’s treatable and not curable – and the treatment is working well. The only side-effect is arthritis in every joint which is very painful, but at least it’s not cancer.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/brave-linda-nolan-ticking-items-16523448

Until the pandemic hit Linda was going on tour in June performing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12294519/linda-and-anne-nolan-battling-cancer/

Cancer spread to the Liver - reading it I think she stands a decent chance of making 2021 but 2022 will be very tough.

Also Anne Nolan is battling Cancer again - Stage 3 so not terminal yet but with her family history and the fact she has found Chemo very tough one to keep an eye on.

Yup, breast cancer can be locked in stasis (so to speak) for years but once it starts spreading...(9.4 months average on spreading to the liver, going off my Rainman stats, ahem...)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, msc said:

Yup, breast cancer can be locked in stasis (so to speak) for years but once it starts spreading...(9.4 months average on spreading to the liver, going off my Rainman stats, ahem...)

Yeah - Bernie made 18 months or so after she found out her's returned.

My bet: Anne will die of cancer before Linda does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

My bet: Anne will die of cancer before Linda does.

EecUd_jXgAIxWOs?format=jpg&name=small

Grim all round and they're not exactly hiding the severity having posed for this picture in The Sun. 

At first glance I was thinking they were Right Said Fred

• Haha 9

21 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

EecUd_jXgAIxWOs?format=jpg&name=small

Grim all round and they're not exactly hiding the severity having posed for this picture in The Sun. 

That is so bad Mary!

Funny as fuck though.:lol:

I wouldn’t say I “hate” anyone but the Nolan Sisters are about as close as I get with “severely dislike”. 

They’re publicity whores and why our media give them the spotlight is beyond me. They had a few hits when they were little girls. In the Mood For Dancing is that ultimate annoying and cringe song that gets your mad alcoholic aunt stumbling about swinging her hips at every family event.

Coleen Nolan is the worst. Sits on the Stupid Women panel on daytime TV. Has been explicit in the past about how she feels about gay people, and yet gave her son a pile of cash to use for a prostitute on a lad’s holiday. Also bled the TV audiences of sympathy after her Celebrity Big Brother Appearances trying to make it look like Kim Woodburn was bullying her. Pfft, they’re both bad, but Woodburn clearly doesn’t like phoney mean spirited people and that’s likely why they clashed. Anyone would go mental being trapped in solitary confinement with those talentless publicity whoring has beens giving you their moral 101. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I wouldn’t say I “hate” anyone but the Nolan Sisters are about as close as I get with “severely dislike”. 

They’re publicity whores and why our media give them the spotlight is beyond me. They had a few hits when they were little girls. In the Mood For Dancing is that ultimate annoying and cringe song that gets your mad alcoholic aunt stumbling about swinging her hips at every family event.

Coleen Nolan is the worst. Sits on the Stupid Women panel on daytime TV. Has been explicit in the past about how she feels about gay people, and yet gave her son a pile of cash to use for a prostitute on a lad’s holiday. Also bled the TV audiences of sympathy after her Celebrity Big Brother Appearances trying to make it look like Kim Woodburn was bullying her. Pfft, they’re both bad, but Woodburn clearly doesn’t like phoney mean spirited people and that’s likely why they clashed. Anyone would go mental being trapped in solitary confinement with those talentless publicity whoring has beens giving you their moral 101. 

Ah yes, I’d almost forgotten her comparing supporting gay rights to supporting ISIS. Coleen really is the human personification of a shit.

It’s really awful what cancer has done to their family but you’re right, they’re ghastly creatures a lot of the time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Fuck' mate. Funniest thing I've ever read on here  :D

I only know 'I'm In the Mood For Dancing' and 'Gotta Pull Myself Together', as the latter was their only real hit in Australia, and I don't particularly care for either.  But wow, they've had a hard run with breast cancer.  I read in that Sun article that Linda hopes she might be lucky and last another 15 years or so.... riiiight.  While there's an extremely slim chance of that happening, it is not looking good for her.

I assume that stage 3 means it has 'only' spread to lymph nodes, so Anne has a much better chance of surviving this - although with COVID-19 lurking around, combined with a compromised immune system due to chemo, anything is possible.

Didn't know about Coleen's comments.  I assume a large proportion of the few people who still care about The Nolans' music are gay men, so how stupid can you be to draw the comparison to ISIS?

Honestly, I never heard of The Nolans before this site, as everyone else in France... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Honestly, I never heard of The Nolans before this site, as everyone else in France... 

A lot of the big UK celebs here have near no notoriety outside of the UK

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

That's the most compelling argument for moving to France I've ever seen.

Ah bugger........ brexit, I knew there was a reason it felt like a shit idea, couldn't quite put my finger on it until now.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Banana said:

A lot of the big UK celebs here have near no notoriety outside of the UK

And many deservedly so

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anne has finished her course of chemo and has rung the end of treatment bell on the ward where she was getting it. 

She’s going to fuck up everyone in inverse, isn’t she?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

She’s going to fuck up everyone in inverse, isn’t she?

Not everyone....mwahahahaha...:D

• Like 2