Sean

29. Linda Nolan

1 hour ago, time said:

The Nolans were easily as big as Kobe Bryant.

Well that's a worse indictment of the British than electing Boris Johnson! :D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Do you search for a stick whenever you see a wasps nest? :D

Not at all; its a valid comparison, Bryant and the Nolans had worldwide appeal, despite not being universally acknowledged as famous and/or significant. 

47 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Do you search for a stick whenever you see a wasps nest? :D

Not at all; its a valid comparison, both Bryant and the Nolans had worldwide appeal, despite not being universally acknowledged as famous and/or significant. 

1 hour ago, natquen said:

Yes, I remember that (the passing in 2015)... but had never heard of them before (born '78).  The Nolans seem to have had a continued media presence/fascination in the UK, despite achieving relatively little.

I've already told you - one was an actress, a regular cast member in two popular soaps, and another has made well over a thousand appearances as a presenter or regular panellist on daytime TV shows (not counting reality shows). 

Relatively trivial "achievements" in the grand scheme of things, but actual careers rather than media whoring.

6 minutes ago, time said:

Not at all; its a valid comparison, Bryant and the Nolans had worldwide appeal, despite not being universally acknowledged as famous and/or significant. 

I'm not saying it isn't. That wasn't the point at all. Others however....

In fact I know fack all about kobe bryant and not much more about the nolans, neither interest me in the slightest.

Good return pick. She wont see Hallowe'en.

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

I’m in the mood for dance gin,

Romance gin

Ooo im drinking it all toniiight

They've missed a trick there, not calling it Dance Gin. Wouldn't even have to pay royalties on the advert song, which would clearly be rereleased and get to number 1...

On second thoughts, Hudson's will do just fine.

If I may continue with your fine work, Sir Gin Rice:

I'm in the mood for dance gin
I feel like dance gin
Ooh so come on and get me tight

Cancer, (cancer) not in the mood, babe
So let the chemo play
Ooh I've got cancer (cancer) plug in the tubes, babe
If I get up you'll see my body sway (body sway)

I'm in the mood for dance gin, romance gin
You know I'm gonna get pissed tonight
I'm in the mood for dance gin
I feel like dance gin
Ooh from head to my toes
The cancer has spread
And heaven who knows
Just where it will end

And they call US sick?! Well,  hmmm ...

Linda and Anne Nolan were both interviewed on Channel 4's "Steph's Packed Lunch" today - they both appeared to look fine.

23 minutes ago, JQW said:

Linda and Anne Nolan were both interviewed on Channel 4's "Steph's Packed Lunch" today - they both appeared to look fine.

Unlike the dead pool chances of those who had faith in them at the start of the year

• Like 1

Clearly anyone posting in a Nolan thread must be relying on the wifi signal.

Linda Nolan pulled out of her planned musical tour run last month due to the whole being too ill with terminal cancer thing. Yes, I know everyone on here could have said that was a tad optimistic but noteworthy as the first actual cancellation of something rather than just talking about it on Loose Women imo...

• Sad 2

On 03/07/2021 at 02:04, msc said:

Linda Nolan pulled out of her planned musical tour run last month due to the whole being too ill with terminal cancer thing. Yes, I know everyone on here could have said that was a tad optimistic but noteworthy as the first actual cancellation of something rather than just talking about it on Loose Women imo...

Through the recent Nolan’s cruising around the UK was filmed in June (One episode saw them watch England v Germany at the Euro’s)  and she looked fairly well on that. She did take some rest periods when the other sisters appeared but she was said to be taking a nap. 

I suspect we will notice when the end is soon coming for her as she currently tweets regularly. Also she has recently joined Instagram.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 02:08, msc said:

Good return pick. She wont see Hallowe'en.

Apologies for highlighting this msc, but your predictions are as accurate as ever I see. :D

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Apologies for highlighting this msc, but your predictions are as accurate as ever I see. :D

The Nolans continue to be the bane of my DDP teams!

• Haha 2

Linda Nolan has announced a solo show for Feb 2023. Will she make it to her farewell show, like Tom Parker did (just!), or is it just wishful thinking on her part?

20221003_144633.jpg

"Sad update" from Linda Nolan. Anne is cancer-free:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/linda-nolan-issues-sad-update-25563973

Well...the "sad" part is that Linda lost her hair again after a "strong course of chemo". She's going to receive CT scan results very soon.

• Like 1