Sean

29. Linda Nolan

Her 'tumours have shrunk' and she 'feels good'.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/linda-nolan-gushes-over-early-31630199

Make of it what you will.

• Like 2

I dropped her from all my 2024 teams. Just fed up with this attention seeker.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, drol said:

I dropped her from all my 2024 teams. Just fed up with this attention seeker.

I moved her way to the bottom of my list. 

You'd think she was the only person ever to get cancer, the way she's going about it. Helen McCrory, Bill Turnbull and Chadwick Boseman were never in the news this much when they were suffering.

6 minutes ago, Autistic Merit said:

You'd think she was the only person ever to get cancer, the way she's going about it. Helen McCrory, Bill Turnbull and Chadwick Boseman were never in the news this much when they were suffering.

Well, we didn't knew Boseman had cancer until he died but I still get your point. After hearing that Norm McDonald had cancer and told almost no one, I grew to dislike how Linda is milking her cancer diagnosis. We know she's ill, and she might die this year, sure, but it's getting tiresome seeing her say that "she doesn't have long to live" for the 18th time.

• Like 9

I was persuaded to elevate her because the cancer had moved to her brain. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wannamaker said:

Well, we didn't knew Boseman had cancer until he died but I still get your point. After hearing that Norm McDonald had cancer and told almost no one, I grew to dislike how Linda is milking her cancer diagnosis. We know she's ill, and she might die this year, sure, but it's getting tiresome seeing her say that "she doesn't have long to live" for the 18th time.

Norm MacDonald did it the right way.  If I knew I was surely dying I don’t believe I would tell anyone other than my family.  It’s a private affair and “sharing the news” is just attention seeking behavior.  Jimmy Buffett also did it right.  I was shocked by both of their deaths.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Autistic Merit said:

6 hours ago, wannamaker said:

Regarding Boseman: that was all deliberate. He (or likely, Disney) had an active team removing any news or photos within minutes of them being online. I recall seeing the emaciated photos of him. What did leak out with more staying power were generic things like he had lost weight and had a "bad attitude." I thought he had AIDS, so did not guess the correct disease, but knew it was something. I wasn't on DL then so I don't know what people here were saying, or were even allowed to say without it being scrubbed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, Coleen Nolan coughed and thought she was going to die, so she quits smoking:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/coleen-nolan-reveals-terrifying-health-32253243

The most worrying thing about that article is learning that she's only 58. We could be left with any one of these tarts for another 40 years yet.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

What a drama queen.

"Coleen's top tips for packing in smoking:

1. LET THE URGE PASS The craving only lasts a few minutes. It’s hard not to give in if you’re stressed, and there have been times I’ve wanted to smoke. But the first few weeks are the hardest.
  2. DISTRACT YOURSELF If you get the urge to smoke, do something else instead – pick up a book, call a friend, listen to a podcast, clean the kitchen. Distraction is a powerful tool.
  3. DON’T BEAT YOURSELF UP I still can’t bring myself to say I’m a non-smoker because I don’t want to put pressure on myself – as soon as I feel pressure, that’s when want to smoke! Instead, I say, “I’m trying my best”. And if I mess up once or twice, I’m not a failure. I’ll still be doing great. If you fall off the wagon, start again.
  4. REMEMBER WHY YOU’RE DOING IT Keep reminding yourself why you’re quitting. I go back to the time in my hotel room when I thought I was going to die.
  5. TRY GUM AND PATCHES Stop-smoking aids work for some people and I’ve tried them all. They helped to take the edge off the craving."

Toast's top tip for packing in smoking:

1.  DON'T BUY ANY MORE CIGARETTES   Anyone who can afford to smoke nowadays must be minted.

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

What a drama queen.

"Coleen's top tips for packing in smoking:

1. LET THE URGE PASS The craving only lasts a few minutes. It’s hard not to give in if you’re stressed, and there have been times I’ve wanted to smoke. But the first few weeks are the hardest.
  2. DISTRACT YOURSELF If you get the urge to smoke, do something else instead – pick up a book, call a friend, listen to a podcast, clean the kitchen. Distraction is a powerful tool.
  3. DON’T BEAT YOURSELF UP I still can’t bring myself to say I’m a non-smoker because I don’t want to put pressure on myself – as soon as I feel pressure, that’s when want to smoke! Instead, I say, “I’m trying my best”. And if I mess up once or twice, I’m not a failure. I’ll still be doing great. If you fall off the wagon, start again.
  4. REMEMBER WHY YOU’RE DOING IT Keep reminding yourself why you’re quitting. I go back to the time in my hotel room when I thought I was going to die.
  5. TRY GUM AND PATCHES Stop-smoking aids work for some people and I’ve tried them all. They helped to take the edge off the craving."

Toast's top tip for packing in smoking:

1.  DON'T BUY ANY MORE CIGARETTES   Anyone who can afford to smoke nowadays must be minted.

Another good tip is to have a partner who promises to make your life a waking nightmare if he ever sees, smells or tastes cigarettes on you.

• Like 1

Well, if you haven't got any fags you can't smoke them. 

• Like 1