RadGuy

Barbara Bush

I retract my previous cynicism.One undoubtedly for 2018 if she makes it.Clearly going downhill rapidly and if George goes first the strain of losing him after nearly three-quarters of a century together could hasten her decline further.

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I retract my previous cynicism.One undoubtedly for 2018 if she makes it.Clearly going downhill rapidly and if George goes first the strain of losing him after nearly three-quarters of a century together could hasten her decline further.

" One, two! One, two! And through and through
  The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
  He went galumphing back.
"

Lewis Carroll wasn't talking about Jabberwocks of course. He was comparing how quickly the Bush couple became Deathlist hits together in late 2017/2018.

He'll follow her within days.

When Pat Nixon died, there was a lot of rather ghoulish footage of the frail Richard Nixon bawling his eyes out at her funeral. Quote the commentator, "He wont last a year". He didn't, he was gone within ten months.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, msc said:

When Pat Nixon died, there was a lot of rather ghoulish footage of the frail Richard Nixon bawling his eyes out at her funeral. Quote the commentator, "He wont last a year". He didn't, he was gone within ten months.

I remember James Callaghan died about a day after his wifes funeral and Denis Healey said he knew he wouldnt last.

16 hours ago, msc said:

I'll never forget that footage. It was surreal seeing the great and powerful Richard Nixon break down in tears, it showed he was still human though and did genuinely love his wife.

I reckon we'll see something similar with H.W and Babara, only with the genders swapped and Barbara not lasting as long as good ol' Tricky Dick.

• Like 1

Happy 92nd! :party:

2 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Happy 92nd! :party:

Probably her last.

29 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Probably her last.

It is definitely her last 92nd!

• Like 8

On 6/3/2017 at 07:11, LilyForrester said:

I'll never forget that footage. It was surreal seeing the great and powerful Richard Nixon break down in tears, it showed he was still human though and did genuinely love his wife.

I reckon we'll see something similar with H.W and Babara, only with the genders swapped and Barbara not lasting as long as good ol' Tricky Dick.

Maybe the Committee for 2018 should put both: Babs and George Sr. as a pair since when one goes the other will not be far Behind. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Maybe the Committee for 2018 should put both: Babs and George Sr. as a pair since when one goes the other will not be far Behind. 

Agree. They are both candidates for 2018

• Like 2

Aye, she's looking like a form candidate. Loads about the photo above suggests she won't be with us this time next year.

An excellent addition to the list and quite timely as I don't think Barbara would have liked to have been on the list at the same time as Nancy Reagan her somewhat foe! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quite sporting on her part for not hiding any health problems.

First time a husband and wife tag-team in the DL50!

8 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Quite sporting on her part for not hiding any health problems.

First time a husband and wife tag-team in the DL50!

Third time I can think it happened as Phil and Liz were both on last year and Gerald and Betty Ford were both picked in 2005.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

"I am still old and still in love" writes Barbara in some yearbook or something:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/03/29/still-old-and-still-love-barbara-bush-updates-smith-classmates/VvDEv33GsZGw6itqMkB7dK/story.html

Interesting quote: "I have had great medical care and more operations than you would believe. I’m not sure God will recognize me; I have so many new body parts! "

• Like 1

Article states she has been hospitalized multiple times, something we haven't learned from media coverage until now.

Wonder if it's the same case for George H.W. Bush, I mean their press secretary would be exhausted or they didn't want their legacy to be plastered on the MSNBC and Fox headlines for dying every other week.

I feel stupid now for saying GHWB would go before her, I say Barbara has a few weeks, May 2nd if I were to give a precise prediction.

Sorry Joey, what do you expect from a 7 and three quarters twunt?

Time to head over to the sweepstakes thread for predictions, folks....

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Again I say:pop:

Looks like the Bush Deathlist 2018 double is on the cards.

• Like 3