RadGuy

Barbara Bush

Funny, just this afternoon, there was an article online that said she drank bourbon last night and was talking on the phone with her friends! Sometimes it happens that way

14 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Dunno, I kinda liked the drunk twins.

They are certainly more entertaining

When I first heard the news of her ill health two days ago, my initial reaction was that it was a "brace yourself" announcement and that she had only a few days left to live.

But later on, I figured she could easily make it another couple months. It might take a while before she suffered complications from her illnesses.

Turns out I was right the first time around.

RIP, I guess. 

Edit: I really can't imagine George living much longer anymore. Couple months left at best, probably just a couple weeks.

• Like 2

Either that article I posted earlier was conveniently true fake news article or they have a glass ball (having reported hours and hours before anyone else).

...or Fox News could be telling porkies.

I smirked a little at the pun...

28 minutes ago, Éricles Souza said:

I was thinking that her husband was going to die first, but after I saw that her health was getting worse, I realized that she would go first.

Jim Callaghan lasted  only 11 days after his wife died, weirdly just after he became the longest lived British PM ever, j ust like George Bush recently  became longest lived President ever! Could be a double state funeral for probably the first time ever ! 

This might just be what George needs.  Perhaps he should surround himself with sexy nurses (in the style of Young Mr Grace) which might keep him going for another 10 years.  Recent reports suggest he is a fan of the female form after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dr_T said:

This might just be what George needs.  Perhaps he should surround himself with sexy nurses (in the style of Young Mr Grace) which might keep him going for another 10 years.  Recent reports suggest he is a fan of the female form after all.

At his age if he surrounds himself too much with sexy young women it might be too much for him ! 

As a matter of interest does anyone happen to know what the shortest period of time is between a President and First Lady dying?

Huh, I actually thought George would die first... what a surprise. The only way this year can surprise us more is if it kills Carter and lets Bush see 2019... but that's most likely not gonna happen...

Rest In Peace

16 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

At his age if he surrounds himself too much with sexy young women it might be too much for him ! 

As a matter of interest does anyone happen to know what the shortest period of time is between a President and First Lady dying?

Looks like it's 5 months between Andrew and Eliza Johnson over 1875-1876.

Richard Nixon also died 10 months after Pat in 1994.

I can certainly see HW beating that record.

• Like 1

Donald Trump's statement...dated 2017. :lol: As if the USA wasn't a laughing stock at this jackass already...

Image result for trump statement on death of barbara bush

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Quick!

I thought her statement followed a series of surgeries and that she had decided to have no more after the last one. So I thought there'd be a couple of weeks left...

Ah well, in the words of Richard Nixon "That lady knew how to hate."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Donald Trump's statement...dated 2017. :lol: As if the USA wasn't a laughing stock at this jackass already...

Image result for trump statement on death of barbara bush

And of course Trump tries to cover it up again. But we’ll always know...

8A2FEBC1-F080-4A98-90C3-189A3CD4F769.png

On 4/15/2018 at 20:42, Swagmasta said:

She will be dead by Friday morning

Yup, I was right.

4 hours ago, Éricles Souza said:

Yeah, even Barbara Bush died ... and Queen Elizabeth II lives like there's no tomorrow ...

But the Queen's Mother lived to be 101-  so you have to expect Queen Elizabeth to just keep going- although she is very upset because her Corgi Willow died-

5 hours ago, LB93 said:

Looks like it's 5 months between Andrew and Eliza Johnson over 1875-1876.

Richard Nixon also died 10 months after Pat in 1994.

I can certainly see HW beating that record.

Well Nixon was only 81. At nearly 94 Bush is already the oldest ever President by 5 months, looks  like death itself  and has had several serious hospitalisations in the last couple of years so yeah, it's going to be tough to see out the year ! 

• Like 2

Will be a useful form spotting opportunity at the funeral. George, Bob Dole, The Carters, Walter Mondale, Dan Quayle, The Clintons, Donald.....

• Thanks 2

Don't forget Sean Spicer...has form for hiding amongst the Bushes.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think it would be a good idea to put the actors June Lockhart, Cara Williams and John Fujioka (all born in 1925) on the list next year.

• Like 1