BeretBleu

French speaking deathlist

1 hour ago, BeretBleu said:

And none spoke of Alain Delon, look good but old !

... but he is in that list I linked in the Foreign Personalities actor master list. ;)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Not a frenchman myself, but Jean-Louis Trintignant is a no brainer. Surely his daughters murder had at least some effect on him. He also suffered an injury a few years back.

[Jean-Louis Trintignant in June 2017]: "Sacre bleu, it just occured to me that my daughter Marie was murdered 14 years ago. I'm heartbroken and don't want to live any longer." *Has stroke and dies*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Predictor said:

[Jean-Louis Trintignant in June 2017]: "Sacre bleu, it just occured to me that my daughter Marie died 14 years ago. I'm heartbroken and don't want to live any longer." *Has stroke and dies*

It all adds up eventually. I don't know if it's real objective science, but I personally believe supportive personal relationships can increase life expectancy, and traumas such as this may lower (not to mention he has 2 deceased children and not only one).

23 minutes ago, Predictor said:

[Jean-Louis Trintignant in June 2017]: "Sacre bleu, it just occured to me that my daughter Marie was murdered 14 years ago. I'm heartbroken and don't want to live any longer." *Has stroke and dies*

Tres bon!

• Like 1

I don't really get the point of this thread : do we just randomly throw names, are we getting to build up a list of 50 names aside the main one, or do we make a deadpool with rules and so ? 

Yes, I thought it was going to be a dead pool at first.  50 names is too many for me though.  It is more of a challenge with fewer names as you have to weigh up which ones to leave out. 

• Like 1

Just checked the Centenarian list of actors etc.... seems that most are French. What the hell is the French secret?

35 minutes ago, ImNotHades said:

Just checked the Centenarian list of actors etc.... seems that most are French. What the hell is the French secret?

Only the good die young?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ImNotHades said:

These days, staying away from town squares, heavily populated areas, pop concerts.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, esher said:

I don't really get the point of this thread : do we just randomly throw names, are we getting to build up a list of 50 names aside the main one, or do we make a deadpool with rules and so ? 

the idea is to make a list .

25 or 50 ? 

but we can put some ideas here. 

rules :

- someone who has a wikipedia page

- he has to be french speaking (Belgium, France, Switzerland, Quebec, French and Belgium Africa....)

• Like 2

Hello @BeretBleu bonsoir le ou la français(e)!

I have three names in mind.

- Michel Sardou, a 70 years old singer who's just retired

- Gilles Jacob, former president of Cannes Film Festival. Old and seems frail.

- Liliane Bettencourt, wealthy heiress who is said to have Alzheimer disease.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Book said:

This is my second theme team: Vive la France... et la mort!

Agnès Varda

Anne Golon

Charles Aznavour

Danielle Darrieux

Emmanuelle Riva

Hubert de Givenchy

Jacques Chirac JOKER

Jacques Delors

Jean-Louis Trintignant

Jean-Luc Godard

Jean-Marie LePen

Jeanne Moreau

Juliette Gréco

Michael Lonsdale

Paul Bocuse

Pierre Cardin

Renée Simonot

Roland Dumas

Suzy Delair

Valéry Giscard d`Estaing

Good list but nobody is under 70.

i have two names but sadly I don't think they will have an obit in UK. They are two TV hosts under 60. 

12 hours ago, BeretBleu said:

the idea is to make a list .

25 or 50 ? 

but we can put some ideas here. 

rules :

- someone who has a wikipedia page

- he has to be french speaking (Belgium, France, Switzerland, Quebec, French and Belgium Africa....)

Well, I think I could easily put 50 decent names or even more on a list without too much effort.

What we need are rules so the list is managed like the one on this website (do there can be a sort of competition between the two lists):

- a committee, to finally decide who's on the list and who' not, and the order of the list

- well-defined rules about who could be in or not (for example, Jodie Foster speaks very good french...)

- obit rules ; wikipedia is an option, we could also choose french reference newspapers like Le Monde, or decide that an obit in any newspapers written in french would be OK...

And finally, what makes the fun is the ability for everyone to have his/her personal list to compete against the committee...

Or I could end up making a website myself (why not under franchise of deathlist.net ?)

Here's a list of surviving Eurovision winners  who sung in the French language:

Lys Assia (b. 1924) - Switzerland 1956 (d. 2018)

Jacqueline Boyer (b. 1941) - France 1960

Isabelle Aubret (b. 1938) - France 1962

France Gall (b. 1947) - Luxembourg 1965 (d. 2018)

Severine (b. 1948) - Monaco 1971

Vicky Leandros (b. 1949 or 1952) - Luxembourg 1972

Anne-Marie David (b. 1952) - Luxembourg 1973

Marie Myriam (b. 1957) - France 1977

Corinne Hermes (b. 1961) - Luxembourg 1983

Sandra Kim (b. 1972) - Belgium 1986

Celine Dion (b. 1968) - Switzerland 1988.

On 5/30/2017 at 15:15, YoungWillz said:

These days, staying away from town squares, heavily populated areas, pop concerts.....

Can't wait for celebrities to milk terrorist attacks and turn into victims....like miss Ariana (bitch) Grande is doing right now...

45 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Here's a list of surviving Eurovision winners  who sung in the French language:

Lys Assia (b. 1924) - Switzerland 1956

Jacqueline Boyer (b. 1941) - France 1960

Isabelle Aubret (b. 1938) - France 1962

France Gall (b. 1947) - Luxembourg 1965

Severine (b. 1948) - Monaco 1971

Vicky Leandros (b. 1949 or 1952) - Luxembourg 1972

Anne-Marie David (b. 1952) - Luxembourg 1973

Marie Myriam (b. 1957) - France 1977

Corinne Hermes (b. 1961) - Luxembourg 1983

Sandra Kim (b. 1972) - Belgium 1986

Celine Dion (b. 1968) - Switzerland 1988.

Patricia Kaas was robbed.

*checks 2009 Eurovision*

Rybak? Bah. I stand by my previous remark.

• Like 1

I think I've mentioned them before but the surviving two Dionne quintuplets might also be good picks. 

On 31/05/2017 at 15:02, esher said:

Well, I think I could easily put 50 decent names or even more on a list without too much effort.

What we need are rules so the list is managed like the one on this website (do there can be a sort of competition between the two lists):

- a committee, to finally decide who's on the list and who' not, and the order of the list

- well-defined rules about who could be in or not (for example, Jodie Foster speaks very good french...)

- obit rules ; wikipedia is an option, we could also choose french reference newspapers like Le Monde, or decide that an obit in any newspapers written in french would be OK...

And finally, what makes the fun is the ability for everyone to have his/her personal list to compete against the committee...

Or I could end up making a website myself (why not under franchise of deathlist.net ?)

- Only 50% of one year's list can re-appear the next year.

- Candidates have to be humans only - no famous racehorses, etc.  

- A specific person.  Years ago in an early DeathList, someone nominated "any 1 Beatle" and the rule was subsequently amended to be more specific.

- You might want to set a minimum age limit for good taste (ie, don't go nominating terminally children.)  Maybe 40 and upwards or something.

- Person has to be famous in their own right and not just related to someone famous (so not, for example, Johnny Hallyday's little sister or Macron's mum or something like that).

- Candidate is illegible if they are on death row somewhere.

- You might want to consider if you want notorious celebs in or not. I was a bit uncomfortable with having Ian Brady on the main list but others had no problem with it. Same for "famous" Nazis, etc.  For example, would you be comfortable listing, say, any prominent Vichy Government types who are still alive?

-  Person must be confirmed dead, not just missing.

Here are some yet to be mentioned

Stéphane Audran-Born in 1932
Bafta and Cesar Winner has starred in The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie and Babette's Feast

Leslie Caron-Born in 1931
Star of Gigi and An American In Paris

Not sure if people from French speaking Countries or a Canadian from French Speaking Montreal are under consideration

If so here are some names

Antonine Maillet-Born in 1929
French Canadian who's 1979 work Pélagie-la-Charrette won the Prix Goncourt(A prestigious French Literature award)

Paul Biya-Born in 1933
President of Cameroon

Manu Dibango-Born in 1932

Jazz Legend

*Manu is actually still performing regularly so maybe should be a down the line pick in a few years

I was looking forward to snatching a unique hit with Manu Dibango at some point. But yes, he's pretty healthy.

On 02/06/2017 at 00:04, Davey Jones' Locker said:

- Only 50% of one year's list can re-appear the next year.

- Candidates have to be humans only - no famous racehorses, etc.  

- A specific person.  Years ago in an early DeathList, someone nominated "any 1 Beatle" and the rule was subsequently amended to be more specific.

- You might want to set a minimum age limit for good taste (ie, don't go nominating terminally children.)  Maybe 40 and upwards or something.

- Person has to be famous in their own right and not just related to someone famous (so not, for example, Johnny Hallyday's little sister or Macron's mum or something like that).

- Candidate is illegible if they are on death row somewhere.

- You might want to consider if you want notorious celebs in or not. I was a bit uncomfortable with having Ian Brady on the main list but others had no problem with it. Same for "famous" Nazis, etc.  For example, would you be comfortable listing, say, any prominent Vichy Government types who are still alive?

-  Person must be confirmed dead, not just missing.

ok ! good rules.

we will play in this thread ? Just have to wait for next year. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BeretBleu said:

ok ! good rules.

we will play in this thread ? Just have to wait for next year. 

Merci! You could start now: RadGuy's WindyCity Pools start in April. Otherwise, you could just do a little 6 month pool as a trial as you wait to synch yourself with the main one next year.

Bernadette Chirac as well. Giscard D'Estaing if he wasn't mentioned yet (and Delors). And the ancient politicians I listed in the political frailty thread.