gcreptile

Olivia Newton-John

30 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Leah Bracknell is in fact a witch

This have anything to do with the fact you have picked her in the next death topics since about 1654? :lol:

55 minutes ago, En Passant said:

This have anything to do with the fact you have picked her in the next death topics since about 1654? :lol:

It may or may not play a small part in it :lol:

I feel I've had so much involvement in her still being alive, I deserve to be named in her will. Not that she needs one of course, the terminally alive fucker.

• Haha 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Toast said:

Sometimes you are truly wicked, funny but wicked.:lol:

29 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Sometimes you are truly wicked, funny but wicked.:lol:

Pyx3K142DH-2.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Squonk said:

Article on the BBC website where Olivia talks about "winning over it" but also says her cancer is not stage 4 and has metastasized to her spine.  I'm thinking she may well see the year out......which probably means she won't last the week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45479702

She's on our charts into next year if she survives this, surely 

Incidentally - four times Grammy winner - Just Googled that and it Includes Best Country Vocal Performance for "Let me be There," best pop vocal performance female AND record of the year for "I Honestly Love You" and best video for "Physical"

10 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

She's on our charts into next year if she survives this, surely 

Incidentally - four times Grammy winner - Just Googled that and it Includes Best Country Vocal Performance for "Let me be There," best pop vocal performance female AND record of the year for "I Honestly Love You" and best video for "Physical"

Yes, but on doing research for Ali's Scavenger questions, I think I found out there was so many Grammy awards given out per year that Sir Creep actually has 3 of them by now. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like she's fighting - as in thin legs, bit gaunt but basically still there. 

One thing that irks me about the reporting of this and similar stories is that this technically isn't Livvi's third 'battle' with cancer - it's the same cancer she originally had.  It didn't 'return' - it never went away (assuming these tumours are descendent from the cancer she was diagnosed with in 1992, and not from a second, separate breast cancer).  Granted, the disease was not detected or clinically apparent for 20 years following conclusion of her chemotherapy regimen.  But that doesn't mean the cancer wasn't there on a microscopic level, lying dormant and/or growing slowly.  Odds are that some rogue cells broke off from her original tumour and set up shop in her shoulder/elsewhere before she was treated in 1992, survived the chemotherapy, and just took a long time to form a clinically apparent tumour.

Although the cancer might not be apparent in any vital organ currently, I'm sure she would be categorised as stage 4.  The sacrum is distant from the site of her original cancer, and on the other side of the diaphragm.  This is not a regional occurrence.  While she may not be on death's doorstep yet, the eventual prognosis is surely not good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, natquen said:

One thing that irks me about the reporting of this and similar stories is that this technically isn't Livvi's third 'battle' with cancer - it's the same cancer she originally had.  It didn't 'return' - it never went away (assuming these tumours are descendent from the cancer she was diagnosed with in 1992, and not from a second, separate breast cancer).  Granted, the disease was not detected or clinically apparent for 20 years following conclusion of her chemotherapy regimen.  But that doesn't mean the cancer wasn't there on a microscopic level, lying dormant and/or growing slowly.  Odds are that some rogue cells broke off from her original tumour and set up shop in her shoulder/elsewhere before she was treated in 1992, survived the chemotherapy, and just took a long time to form a clinically apparent tumour.

Although the cancer might not be apparent in any vital organ currently, I'm sure she would be categorised as stage 4.  The sacrum is distant from the site of her original cancer, and on the other side of the diaphragm.  This is not a regional occurrence.  While she may not be on death's doorstep yet, the eventual prognosis is surely not good.

Stick around newbie - a sensible medical analysis on a prime pick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Stick around newbie - a sensible medical analysis on a prime pick.

I signed up just to get that off my chest, ha ha.  Though I've been lurking here on and off for a little while.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, natquen said:

I signed up just to get that off my chest, ha ha.  Though I've been lurking here on and off for a little while.

Yeah, well...don't quit. We've got form studying to do as the days wind down to the start of main season for the big pools.

Whaddya reckon on Gazza?

• Like 2

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, well...don't quit. We've got form studying to do as the days wind down to the start of main season for the big pools.

Whaddya reckon on Gazza?

I'm from Australia, so I only know of him really through his appearance in New Order's 'World In Motion' music video from 1990. Coincidentally, on another forum, a while back I started a thread titled 'The ravages of time',  for comparing then and now pictures for 'celebrities' you haven't seen in decades.  i.e. to compare how shockingly old they look now to when you last saw them.  He was one I added to the thread.  I don't know anything about him other than what I've skimmed here on a few pages of that thread (which may have given me the idea for the thread on the other forum).

Just now, natquen said:

I'm from Australia, so I only know of him really through his appearance in New Order's 'World In Motion' music video from 1990. Coincidentally, on another forum, a while back I started a thread titled 'The ravages of time',  for comparing then and now pictures for 'celebrities' you haven't seen in decades.  i.e. to compare how shockingly old they look now to when you last saw them.  He was one I added to the thread.  I don't know anything about him other than what I've skimmed here on a few pages of that thread (which may have given me the idea for the thread on the other forum).

So, if you're from Australia any and every bit of local news/inside track on Anne Hamilton Fucking Byrne would be very welcome. I can only assume she continues to breath because God and the Devil are - for once - united in having no desire to meet her.

• Like 2

Happy 70th Birthday, Olivia! :birthday:

All the best to you!!!

• Like 5

Aye 70 years old

Let's re-live one of them golden moments, or summat

• Like 4

She is 70! At my age not so much the One That I Want  but more the one I might be able to get if I really really tried.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye 70 years old

Let's re-live one of them golden moments, or summat

E.L.O.. Their worst ever song imho.

18 minutes ago, redrumours said:

E.L.O.. Their worst ever song imho.

Surely it is a perfect match for the movie.

Their only UK No.1 by the way though. 

53 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Was gonna be a smug here and say "Beep" by Pussycat Dolls, but that only got to #2. 

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I don't care about that, I just hate repetitive songs. How many times does she sing she's in Xanadu.

At least 35 times in a song less than 4m. FFS

'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redrumours said:

I don't care about that, I just hate repetitive songs. How many times does she sing she's in Xanadu.

At least 35 times in a song less than 4m. FFS

'

In Xan........a.........dùuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In Xan........a.........dùuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That'll du.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1