gcreptile

Olivia Newton-John

Just now, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Beat me to it :( 

Sorry... but yes, it's the logical thing to do. Deathlist material and all that...

• Like 1

Damn beaten by a minute.Delete my thread please mods.

Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

Damn beaten by a minute.Delete my thread please mods.

Same

New threads/posts there...

It's as if news broke or something.

newton john.png

• Like 3

Deathlist 2018 confirmed, if she makes it...

• Like 5

She's (partly) going the "natural" treatment route...oh dear... (well, is there anything else they can do?)

However, my first feeling is that she's a 2019 hit.

Definitely.A massive name.Sounds like she is in the same situation as Linda Nolan.

Just now, gcreptile said:

She's (partly) going the "natural" treatment route...oh dear... (well, is there anything else they can do?)

However, my first feeling is that she's a 2019 hit.

Same but she is too big a name to miss so would put her on next year.

2 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Same but she is too big a name to miss so would put her on next year.

Also true. Death List Top Ten entry next year, then Top one in 2019, like Martin Crowe.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, what makes her more vulnerable than the likes of Kathy Bates, who also had breast cancer (which followed her ovarian cancer from years back)?

Look at me I'm Sandra Dee

Metastasising perfectly

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Just out of curiosity, what makes her more vulnerable than the likes of Kathy Bates, who also had breast cancer (which followed her ovarian cancer from years back)?

I guess a return of the same kind of cancer indicates that it's a relatively aggressive tumour (confirmed by its spread). And there's a higher chance it might be resistant to chemo the second time.... at least that's what I think.... I don't know whether it's a totally different situation if there's cancer in a different body part.

11 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Just out of curiosity, what makes her more vulnerable than the likes of Kathy Bates, who also had breast cancer (who followed her ovarian cancer from years back)?

Mad Hatter has linked some material about metastatic breast cancers and their dismal prognosis + limited treatment options.

In short: Most of the time, cancers that have spread so far away from the original site (the sacrum is at the base of the spine) are very hard (in most cases, impossible*) to cure. Even if they remove all apparent/visible tumours, use chemo+radiotherapy etc. the cancer will usually stay/recur/spread and ultimately kill its host.

(*Some cancer types [like testicular cancer] can usually be treated successfully even if they spread – but unfortunately, most cancers are considered to be incurable at that point.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

(*Some cancer types [like testicular cancer] can usually be treated successfully even if they spread 

Typical male privilege. 

• Like 6

She's the one that we want (on the DeathList)...

• Like 4

Sad - once I get used to the news I'm sure I'll find the logic to pick her for the various pools but for now just all a bit new and makes me feel old.

When you find the women who used to be wank fodder appearing on your death lists you know life is moving on way too fast.

• Like 5

March 1st, 2018. I think she'll put up a fight for a while, almost like a Bernie Nolan.

Really sad news. I love Livvy, she's done a lot for cancer charity and awareness in Australia (my sister did a bit of The Great Wall Of China sponsored walk thingy) and she's always seemed like a really lovely person.

I hope she pulls through, but will definitely be keeping an eye on news about her. She's somebody who I'd *really* prefer not to have to put in my deadpool.

• Like 7

Very sad news and a shoo-in for 2018. My mum dragged me to watch Olivia in Grease at the cinema when I was eleven as my Dad was working and I was smitten instantly. Does make you feel very old.

I think grease is a shit movie but i think Olivia is a great singer.

• Like 2