gcreptile

Olivia Newton-John

2 hours ago, redrumours said:

I don't care about that, I just hate repetitive songs. How many times does she sing she's in Xanadu.

At least 35 times in a song less than 4m. FFS

'That's the same reason I hate "Hey Jude"

I've read some rubbish on here in my time but slagging off 'Xanadu' takes the biscuit! :rant::smiley_f:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

I've read some rubbish on here in my time but slagging off 'Xanadu' takes the biscuit! :rant::smiley_f:

Do you want to hear "tough tiitty" 35 times in 3m 35s.

Fucking Xanadu.

I suppose I should make the effort to watch 'Xanadu' sometime, since it starred and seems to have destroyed the career of  Michael Beck, who played Swan in my favourite film 'The Warriors'.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Toast said:

I suppose I should make the effort to watch 'Xanadu' sometime, since it starred and seems to have destroyed the career of  Michael Beck, who played Swan in my favourite film 'The Warriors'.

Doesn't the film have a bit of a cult following.

Thinking of the scene in Friends where Phoebe finds it on Joey and Chandler's huge television.

22 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

RIP, 

Really loved her in Grease I and II. 

Don't miss Grease III

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Love the song and never watched the film.

Fucking LOVE The Warriors!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Toast said:

Aye, a fair point

He's not been that short of work since, but seriously short of good work

Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Beck

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Take it with a truckload of salt, but "Olivia is clinging to life to see her daughter get married":

https://www.inquisitr.com/5223869/olivia-newton-john-reportedly-clinging-to-life-amid-cancer-battle-to-see-daughter-get-married-per-ro/

I'll take it as a trackload of bullshit, as the Inquisitr always deserves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Take it with a truckload of salt, but "Olivia is clinging to life to see her daughter get married":

https://www.inquisitr.com/5223869/olivia-newton-john-reportedly-clinging-to-life-amid-cancer-battle-to-see-daughter-get-married-per-ro/

With my bp a truckload would be a little excessive 

Am I know the only one who thinks this is perfectly plausible.She does have terminal cancer after all has been less active of late and whilst it isn't the BBC  Radar isnt exactly as unreliable as gossip sites like the national enquirer.I seem to remember the news of Aretha Franklins imminent death first stemmed from sources that weren't reliable as such. 

• Like 1

Olivia Newton-John's currently the top trend on Twitter in Australia. :( The reports are very conflicting with some news saying she has "weeks rather than months to live", "clinging to life" and others saying she's "A-OK".  

I personally am not sure what I believe (though am hitting F5 frantically), but either way, she will have left a great legacy with the Olivia Newton-John Wellness Centre & Research Centre in Melbourne, not to mention all her music and films.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ra Ra Rasputin said:

Olivia Newton-John's currently the top trend on Twitter in Australia. :( The reports are very conflicting with some news saying she has "weeks rather than months to live", "clinging to life" and others saying she's "A-OK".  

I personally am not sure what I believe (though am hitting F5 frantically), but either way, she will have left a great legacy with the Olivia Newton-John Wellness Centre & Research Centre in Melbourne, not to mention all her music and films.

Yes, lots of rumours and denials swirling:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/reports-spread-that-olivia-newtonjohn-is-on-deaths-door-with-just-weeks-to-live/news-story/e60cee7c2554f25ce627c384ab619200

https://thewest.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/cancer-striken-olivia-newton-john-has-weeks-left-to-live-ng-b881063052z

I thought she had died when i saw her trending. Looking like she'll go this year.

13 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I thought she had died when i saw her trending. Looking like she'll go this year.

Yeah it will be a big miss for the committee

• Like 4

Had this news broken a few days earlier, she would have stayed on the list for sure! bad move Committee! 

Late stage 4 cancer...…….. 4 to 9 weeks if she is lucky....( maybe a lot less )

Her body is now slowly shutting down... :(

• Like 1

Not the word I'd have chosen.

• Like 2