gcreptile

Olivia Newton-John

If you watch The Masked Singer, does anyone think she might be the kangaroo?  There’s several signs that point to her, but I’m not positive

9 hours ago, ajlposh said:

If you watch The Masked Singer, does anyone think she might be the kangaroo?  There’s several signs that point to her, but I’m not positive

I think this singer is much younger, and based on the clue packages on the show, Olivia just doesn't feel right to me.  

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8114825/Coronavirus-fears-Olivia-Newton-John-71-contact-COVID-19-positive-reporter.html

Coronavirus fears for Olivia Newton John after reporter who met her also met Tom Hanks and the reporter himself has now tested positive for the virus. 

Seems to be fake news:

FROM ONJ MANAGEMENT:
We just wanted to alert EVERYONE that this story is completely UNTRUE. The interview Olivia did with her dear friend Richard Wilkins and Paul Hogan that aired on March 10, 2020, was actually filmed back in September 2018 when they were on set filming Hogan's new movie. In fact Olivia was back in the USA even before this interview aired.

PLEASE do not pay attention to this false story that implies she was in contact with Richard after his positive test results.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/olivianewtonjohn/posts/?ref=page_internal

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Book said:

Seems to be fake news:

FROM ONJ MANAGEMENT:
We just wanted to alert EVERYONE that this story is completely UNTRUE. The interview Olivia did with her dear friend Richard Wilkins and Paul Hogan that aired on March 10, 2020, was actually filmed back in September 2018 when they were on set filming Hogan's new movie. In fact Olivia was back in the USA even before this interview aired.

PLEASE do not pay attention to this false story that implies she was in contact with Richard after his positive test results.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/olivianewtonjohn/posts/?ref=page_internal

Well that is a relief!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well that is a relief!

Aye, what's the Paul Hogan ONJ movie called - Flogging Two Dead Horses?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, what's the Paul Hogan ONJ movie called - Flogging Two Dead Horses?

Ooh your naughty mentioning Paul Hogan to me I used to crush on him quite a lot in my younger years!:wub:

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Ooh your naughty mentioning Paul Hogan to me I used to crush on him quite a lot in my younger years!:wub:

Could you give a XXXX now?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Could you give a XXXX now?

Yes I often fantasise about my old crushes such  as Sean Connery ,Ted Shackleford and Bruce's Willis. Dreaming of them at their peak has got me through many a cold or lonely night!:wub:

Reading between the lines on this, it doesn’t sound like she’ll be with us for a whole lot longer. I would say she’s a must for next year’s DL.

• Sad 1

Sad news.She wil be greatly missed when she goes.

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Reading between the lines on this, it doesn’t sound like she’ll be with us for a whole lot longer. I would say she’s a must for next year’s DL.

There wasn't much there though.  Just a rehash of old news.  The only new bit was that very brief video message which didn't say anything of note.

12 minutes ago, Toast said:

There wasn't much there though.  Just a rehash of old news.  The only new bit was that very brief video message which didn't say anything of note.

I suppose that’s true, but stage 4 cancer nonetheless.

Median survival rate is 3 years.

She has been stage 4 since 2017 so has pretty much exceeded the median bench mark.

5 year survival drops to just 20% AND the chemo for stage 4 breast cancer is intense and can in itself cause the patient to die.

My vote is to put her on the DL. Interested to hear what others think though.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

She has been stage 4 since 2017 so has pretty much exceeded the median bench mark.

5 year survival drops to just 20% AND the chemo for stage 4 breast cancer is intense and can in itself cause the patient to die.

I assume.

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

She's already on my shadow list. (And in the DDP, I believe.)

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

She has actually been (known) stage 4 since 2013, when the cancer was detected in her shoulder, following a car accident.  But this wasn't announced at the time.

In her favour, she probably has has that the cancer is presumably a slower-growing one, given it took this long to become clinically apparent again, and that she has now lived with a stage 4 diagnosis for 7 years.  While having cancer in your bones can be debilitating, it is my understanding that stage 4 cancer usually needs to be in a vital organ before death is imminent.  Assuming her cancer hasn't become significantly worse recently, she could well die of something else first, given she's now in her 70s.

She was on Radio 2 this morning with her daughter talking about thier new single. Her voice sounded pretty strong and was upbeat. Probably die next week:lol:

On 29/01/2021 at 10:57, One shot Paddy said:

She was on Radio 2 this morning with her daughter talking about thier new single. Her voice sounded pretty strong and was upbeat. Probably die next week:lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9205607/Olivia-Newton-John-WONT-coronavirus-vaccine-Chloe-Lattanzi-shares-anti-vaxxer-rant.html

Not having the vaccine.

"I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I'm anti putting mercury and pesticides in my body, which are in a lot of vaccines,' proclaimed Chloe,

"If I had a chance to take herbs and plants as a baby rather than have toxins injected into me I would have done that,' she insisted.  

Yeah, right.

36498982-9117439-_I_m_gonna_regret_this_Chloe_shared_a_bizarre_anti_vaxxer_rant_a-a-1_1612042446946.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Appearing on tonight's One Show on BBC1, worth a look to see how she's holding up...

• Like 1

Apparently set to appear on the  one show tonight on BBC One.

Did she appear on the 2nd of February as well  or was it postponed until today?

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Apparently set to appear on the  one show tonight on BBC One.

Did she appear on the 2nd of February as well  or was it postponed until today?

I think she was bumped on the 2nd for a Captain Tom tribute as he'd just croaked it.

• Thanks 1