gcreptile

Olivia Newton-John

Hope she does. She had a UK Top 30 hit in 1982.

She did in 1981 too, so she's a miss for me if she doesn't see the New Year.

17 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I think grease is a shit movie but i think Olivia is a great singer.

This, except Grease is great and ONJ is easily the worst thing about it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

This, except Grease is great and ONJ is easily the worst thing about it.

This, except Grease is great and ONJ is also great.

0fc.gif

• Like 1

Always thought her duet with ELO, Xanadu, would have sounded great if covered by a speedcore punk band.

Average survival of bone metastases in breast cancer is about fourteen months - and that's if the patient opts for radiotherapy.

Sounds like it's gonna get physical...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

When you find the women who used to be wank fodder appearing on your death lists you know life is moving on way too fast.

Ironically, it is those tits of hers you wanked over that might well be her undoing.

• Like 4

Olivias elder sister Rona died in May 2013 of brain cancer at the age of 70...

The news about the return of cancer and the seriousness saddens me a lot.

I really love Olivia Newton-John; Xanadu is one of my all time favorite songs for ever and ever!!! I know I know, the movie isn't that good, but the soundtrack is!!! :wub:

• Like 2

Was thinking earlier.If the reports of her being bedridden with crippling back pain could this be a case of weeks to months not months to years?

Wait, just came up with this one:

She's Xanadoomed.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Look at me I'm Sandra Dee

Metastasising perfectly

Sandra dee died of kidney failure you monster!

I wonder if she goes this year if she would be the biggest death of 2017.Certainly I can`t think of anyone who has died this year who was bigger than her.Roger Moore comes close but I would say she is bigger and more iconic though.

• Like 1

Undoubtedly one of the most iconic film scenes and songs.Hard to believe she was nearly 30 here.

• Like 1

Oh no, not those Ali vs Bowie debates again! Hah.

Roger Moore is a far bigger star, imo. Newton-John was a pop culture icon, but Moore was Bond. You could go to any country in the planet, pretty much, point to a picture of him, and folk would know who it was.

Also, Grease is fucking awful, but that's just my view.

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Oh no, not those Ali vs Bowie debates again! Hah.

Roger Moore is a far bigger star, imo. Newton-John was a pop culture icon, but Moore was Bond. You could go to any country in the planet, pretty much, point to a picture of him, and folk would know who it was.

Also, Grease is fucking awful, but that's just my view.

I was never a Grease fan.Not a fan of musicals.

I am probably thinking of it in terms of circumstance.Moore was very nearly 90 and his death was overshadowed by the Manchester bombings.Newton-John is relatively young so it seems sadder and a bigger deal.

23 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I wonder if she goes this year if she would be the biggest death of 2017.Certainly I can`t think of anyone who has died this year who was bigger than her.Roger Moore comes close but I would say she is bigger and more iconic though.

Absolutely!

• Like 1

I've never seen Grease.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Book said:

Absolutely!

Ah, but Chuck Berry is an absolute legend in music, and, while Newton will be more shocking, she just doesn't have the same influence as Berry. 

Then again, these are two artists on very different territories.

Personal anecdote. My first secondary school just outside Sheffield was divided into 4 houses. (Mine was Phoenix based, the red house). It was new, so there was only a first year with the run of the place.

We had a competition and our house won. All the houses then were treated to a showing of Bugsy Malone in the assembly hall, and we as winners also got a trip to the cinema to see Grease. It was utterly fantastic on the big screen with the huge speakers belting out the choons. A tear came during Hopelessly Devoted To You, I'll freely admit.

Of course, I was more interested in Greased Lightning, silver suited mechanics were my thing for ages afterwards....

A sad reminder of those of us who bottled picking Gregory Hudgens last year though, being as Vanessa performed in Grease Live the day after his passing:

She will die but not in this decade. Set Your eyes on Kathy Bates instead. It's all fine unless it spreads to inner organs. She has enough money to win this one....Cancer can last for a decade and still not kill "the host".

2 minutes ago, ImNotHades said:

She will die but not in this decade. Set Your eyes on Kathy Bates instead. It's all fine unless it spreads to inner organs. She has enough money to win this one....Cancer can last for a decade and still not kill "the host".

Yeah, but spine metastasis pretty much guarantees her death is going to happen this decade.

7 minutes ago, ImNotHades said:

According to this it doesn't look too good for her.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1157987-overview#a2

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, but spine metastasis pretty much guarantees her death is going to happen this decade.

If treated well, she will live for a concert or two more, so at least 3-4 years or longer, metastases don't necessary mean death, just a worse and more painful treatment.

3 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

According to this it doesn't look too good for her.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1157987-overview#a2

Unlike most people, she's rich so she'll have the best doctors. Bowie lived long with that thing, my aunt didn't. 18 months and 6 months is not the same for the same cancer. As doctor once said "More money, more music" (old Croatian wisdom....)