Sean

Theresa May

Thought our embattled Prime Minister Theresa May deserves her own thread.Has no known serious ailments but is an insulin dependent type 1 diabetic who is under enormous pressure.Could the strain of presiding over a hung parliament along with dealing with an increasingly factional party whilst negotiating Brexit take a toll on her health?

If Trump has his own thread, then May should as well. I'm not against this one.

• Like 1

I think Bliar and pigfucker have one too so there is a precedent.

• Like 1

I wouldn't think so, she has good health care.   Wouldn't this progress to loss of limbs well before death?  (like years)

I am starting to think she might be PM a while yet .If it comes to a vote of no confidence then the DUP will back her to stop Corbyn.Plus even her strongest critics like Soubry would back her as they have tiny majorities now.An early election would also conden.senior colleagues like Amber Rudd to losing their seats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Szabaka said:

I wouldn't think so, she has good health care.   Wouldn't this progress to loss of limbs well before death?  (like years)

Depends.The stress cant be good for her.

Eight months tops says David Butler, and he knows his stuff.

That's the longevity of the parliament, not the PM's life.

• Like 1

Was going to say I didnt realise Butler was a deadpooler in his spare time.Then again he spent his life making predictions.

6 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Was going to say I didnt realise Butler was a deadpooler in his spare time.Then again he spent his life making predictions.

Yep, and there's a bit in one of the 74 elections where he and Bob McKenzie predict that "whoever" is in government in 1980 will be in "for a generation".

There's a reason folk still listen to him, whereas they don't run to ask, say, Peregrine Worsthorne's punditry view.

• Like 1

She's nailed on DP pick for 2062. Not before. Stress? On her wage? Lolololololol. And not going to be in Power long enough to be a potential assassination target. Sorry Shaun , waste of a thread.

• Like 3

I dunno stress can really get to a person.My Dad was on a very good wage at one point but still had a mini breakdown due to unrelenting pressure.He eventually quit but not until he had a heart attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I am starting to think she might be PM a while yet .If it comes to a vote of no confidence then the DUP will back her to stop Corbyn.Plus even her strongest critics like Soubry would back her as they have tiny majorities now.An early election would also conden.senior colleagues like Amber Rudd to losing their seats.

I tend to agree, Theresa is going to have to make do with less, just like the rest of us.

The Brexit talks could be her undoing.  I think, such is the EU's tough stance, discussions stand a very good chance of breaking down quite quickly and that will trigger a no-confidence vote, which Remainer Tories will use to put the knife in.

It is going to get very ugly with Europe and I'm sure it won't be long now before Lord Howard pops up to helpfully suggest preemptive bomb strikes on Brussels, Strasbourg and possibly Edinburgh whilst we're at it:ninja:.  As for May's chance of dying, we're well overdue an assassination and Michael Gove could take her out with a sniper rifle.  Wouldn't put it past him...

It still boggles my mind how she bungled that election but it's done now.

I'm thinking she's got max a year left to stay on, though probably less. It's funny, because it was starting to look like to me she would be the new Thatcher, lasting years and years in power but she messed up that campaign so badly.

I still think Boris is going to follow her as PM, it's between him, Rudd and Fallon imo. If Gove back-stabs him again it will be hilarious though.

31 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I think she'll stay until the next election.

There may be an assassination attempt if she tries that 

I don't think that there's any cause for panic. The GE results were obviously disappointing for her and the Tories, but she won over the DUP quickly and easily. As long as most EU leaders think that the "4 Freedoms" (free trade, capital flows and free movement of people) are inseparable, her hard Brexit line seems the only reasonable strategy for Britain.

And as for her health: At 60, she's younger than she looks and while diabetes might be troublesome at times, it's a managable chronic condition. A PM's job naturally comes with a bit of stress, and that's kind of unavoidable, but as long as she and her doctors look after her health (and keep her blood pressure etc. under control) she'll be fine.

• Like 1

Order of current living prime ministers' deaths imho:

Major (some point in the next ten years)

Brown (same year as Major)

(fifteen-year leap)

Cameron

May

The Tonester (will make 100)

32 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Order of current living prime ministers' deaths imho:

Major (some point in the next ten years)

Brown (same year as Major)

(fifteen-year leap)

Cameron

May

The Tonester (will make 100)

I think Brown will be next, the Tony Blair, May next and the long gap till John Major finally David Cameron who will outlive me.

Brown's got the dour Scottish mid-80s longevity look about him. Blair on the other hand I could see sneaking out the back door in his early 70s from a heart attack. Cameron's essentially retired at...50? May seems to be aging at a considerable rate - 70 will be closer to her age at death than 100, imo.

• Like 1

I reckon it will be Brown next then Major May Blair then Cameron. 

If Corbyn ever gets in I would say between Major and May.

Interesting to look at family histories.Majors dad was quite old but his mother was quite young when she died.Both of Browns parents lived well into their 80s.Blairs Dad lived to 89 but his Mum was only 49.Camerons dad was 77 and his Mum is still going at 83.May lost her Dad in a car crash so we cant read into that but her mother died at 54.Her maternal grandmother lived to an old age though.As for Corbyn his Mum and Dad died in their early 70s.Given he is 68 we could see another John Smith situation.

Why do so many people here think Gordon Brown will be before Major? Is there some health condition he has that I am unaware of?

I think it'll be Major, Brown, May, Blair and Cameron.

Fat and just has looked very old and tired.

Major - October 10th, 2040

Blair - September 23rd, 2043

Brown - May 14th, 2035

Cameron - June 11th, 2054

May - April 30th, 2052

Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

Fat and just has looked very old and tired.

In other words, he looks like Gordon Brown? :lol:

I like Brown* (esp if we're ranking PMs of the last decade...) but you know, he is.

*He's dour, grumpy, temperamental, with moodswings and unsuited to top office: just like me! He should never have apologised to that woman, though.

They will all go together in a horrific terrorist incident during Trump's visit to the UK.

*awakes from a beautiful dream*