ObakeFilter

Daniel Day-Lewis

16 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Day Lewis is a great method actor. If I had a choice of who would play Mugabe in the farm biopic, it would be between Day Lewis, Downey Jnr and Danny Glover. 

In blackface? :D  

2 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

In blackface? :D  

Why do you always have to think of people in colours, is such a backward way to think, when I think of a actor, I look at their ability to act not what colour they are. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Why do you always have to think of people in colours, is such a backward way to think, when I think of a actor, I look at their ability to act not what colour they are. 

Which is why you are fine with being a little white English bloke posing as Mugabe! :D  

Are you serious? Hey, why this thread was opened? Because he will retire? 

Hey, he never told he had a cancer or something else!

come on!

• Like 2

On 28.6.2017 at 00:57, RobertMugabe said:

Day Lewis is a great method actor. If I had a choice of who would play Mugabe in the farm biopic, it would be between Day Lewis, Downey Jnr and Danny Glover. 

You would cast black people with white actors? Oh my God! WHITEWASHING! That's racist!

• Like 3

I'm guessing that denies the cancer rumors then...

tbf to morbid, he's right there.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, WillyWonka422 said:

this guy is overated

All his movies besides The Boxer are boring

I agree, him and that fatass Brando too. They ain't got shit on ma boi Pauly Shore.

His half brother, Sean Day-Lewis, a journalist in his own right  and author of a biography on their father Cecil Day-Lewis, Telegraph Obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2022/06/17/sean-day-lewis-journalist-author-spent-three-decades-telegraph/

Apparently there was a bit of a falling out between Sean and Daniel over that biography, not aware if it was ever resolved.

• Like 1

Looks like a thread deserves the Phelps treatment.

No reason for anyone to create threads for completely healthy middle aged people 20 years before needed.

@ObakeFilter enjoy your reward, fool.

On 17/06/2022 at 15:03, YoungWillz said:

His half brother, Sean Day-Lewis, a journalist in his own right  and author of a biography on their father Cecil Day-Lewis, Telegraph Obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2022/06/17/sean-day-lewis-journalist-author-spent-three-decades-telegraph/

Apparently there was a bit of a falling out between Sean and Daniel over that biography, not aware if it was ever resolved.

There's an 'Other Lives' obit in The Guardian, by Seán's widow, Anna, which doesn't mention Daniel, from which I infer it wasn't. 

Seán is survived by me, our two children and seven grandsons.