gcreptile

Gina Lollobrigida

ohhh...kay..... ;)

23 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Gina Lollobrigida, the fierce Italian actress, with a diverse range of additional interests, turns 90 today:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gina-lollobrigida-90th-birthday-reignites-feud-sophia-loren-1018579

Future Deathlist entry?

At 90, she'd be a fairly reasonable choice in a thematic DDP team, I never realized she's so much older than Sophia Loren. On the other hand, she's got two living sisters (b. 1924 & 1929) and still giving interviews – what do we know about her health?

• Like 1

Certainly a deathisty name and she did have a hospital stay for pneumonia a few months ago as I recall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Certainly a deathisty name and she did have a hospital stay for pneumonia a few months ago as I recall.

Indeed she did. I'm assuming she was released from hospital as I couldn't find any info to state whether or not she's still in hospital

On 2017-7-5 at 08:23, GossipGabe said:

At 90, she'd be a fairly reasonable choice in a thematic DDP team, I never realized she's so much older than Sophia Loren. On the other hand, she's got two living sisters (b. 1924 & 1929) and still giving interviews – what do we know about her health?

I never realised she and Sophia had a feud. Let's see who goes down first...

Hmmmm....   After some celebrity weirdness about a "proxy marriage" in which someone stood in for Gina at her own wedding ceremony, a 2015 article reported that:

"... an attorney who had represented Lollobrigida for several years, Giulia Citani, stepped forward to claim that prior to the ceremony she had traveled with Lollobrigida to Barcelona, where the prospective bride signed papers to authorize the ceremony.

“I can tell you she is legally married,” she told The Mail on Sunday. “You have to remember that Gina is 85 so she sometimes has trouble remembering things.”

At the same time, however, the attorney added, “I don’t really want to go into too much detail as I can’t betray my lawyer’s oath—also I no longer represent Gina as we had a disagreement.”

Lollobrigida claims that Rigau and others engaged in a conspiracy, over which she now has multiple legal actions pending. “Lawyers in Rome, lawyers in Barcelona, lawyers in Monte Carlo—lawyers everywhere!” she says with exasperation.

Knowing the bare outline of these bizarre events, one can understand what led Lollobrigida’s son last March to request a court in Rome to appoint an administrator to take charge of his mother’s business decisions. “I fear she may no longer be capable of handling her affairs by herself,” said Skofic, who develops scientific-information systems in the field of plant genetics. Until a few years ago, he lived with his wife, Maria Grazia Fantasia, a journalist, and their son, Dimitri, now 20, in an apartment in Lollobrigida’s villa; after the couple separated, he moved to another home in Rome, Gina says.

“The [legal] action was not ‘against’ her, but it was an attempt to protect her from people who have estranged her from her family,” Skofic elaborated recently. “It was two years since my mother had allowed me [and my son] to see her…. I am worried.”"

On her son Milko’s legal action: “I have a strong character. My son, unfortunately, no. It’s completely wrong what they are doing. It’s disgusting, because I worked all my life and stayed away from scandal. Why should they do this to me? I was so generous to them.

“If a person is old and their brain isn’t functioning anymore, it’s O.K. to get help for that person. An administrator can be good in that case. But my brain is working very well. So I don’t need anyone to put their nose in my business. If I need an aspirin, I should have to ask someone? It’s not right.”

On July 9 in Rome, the judge concurred with her. According to the statement Gina’s agent made to the Italian press, the judge found that “Ms. Lollobrigida had no need of an administrator as she is, from a mental point of view, autonomous, coherent and lucid, in the light of an excellent interview with her.”

Full article:  http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/01/gina-lollobrigida-tabloid-scandal

Make of it all what you will.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

So, who do we think will go first out of Sophia and Gina?  Let the Dago Diva Deathrace commence...

Hospitalized for suspected cerebral hemorrhage, but currently stable.

29 minutes ago, drol said:

Onto the DeathList with her!

• Like 2

On 16/09/2018 at 19:24, drol said:

Discharged. Minor external hemorrhage following a fall, but nothing to worry about.

She appeared live on Italian Television a few days ago. made a perfect impression physically and mentally and talked about her Long career and affairs with Fidel Castro and Sean Connery. In addition, she said that she was also a victim of sexual harassment, but she did not want to give some names. at the end she still told of her numerous plans in the future. in my opinion, she is a potential candidate for reaching the 100

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

affairs with Fidel Castro and Sean Connery

34 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

she was also a victim of sexual harassment, but she did not want to give some names

She already had shurely? Well, maybe the other one but still...

92 today! :birthday:

• Like 3

Appeared today in an interview venting her frustration for the family feud in which she is involved and the humiliation for the psychiatric evaluations she has been subjected to.

She claimed the right to die in peace.

Basically the son of "Lollo" expressed concern for the assets of the actress which, according to him, is being destroyed by her "assistant" Andrea Piazzolla. Piazzolla has been indicted twice for circumvention of incapable.

Edit: Second episode of the story in the post above by Gooseberry

• Like 3

Her great niece just won an Olympic Speedskating  Silver Medal

• Like 5

I’ve just been watching Joanna Lumley in Rome and she did an interview with Gina. Filmed last year and looks quite well for her age -  still able to walk and reminisce and speak in English. 

Hospitalised after falling and breaking her femur; will undergo surgery tomorrow but her conditions are not worrying.

Ironic, considering she will run for the Senate in two weeks.

• Like 5