Davey Jones' Locker

The Who Versus the Beatles

The Who Versus the Beatles  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was bored so I decided to create another poll...

Both The Who and the Beatles are down to only 50% of their classic/best known line-ups.  Which band do you think will be completely dead first?

The surviving Beatles are McCartney and Starr. The surviving members of the Who are Daltrey and Townshend.

The Who. I can see both Beatles making it to 90, but I can't say the same about The Who...

Won't Get Fooled, Again, will you? ;):P lol

After all the conspiracy stuff about Paul being dead in the 60s (to present day), the Reaper is going to play silly buggers and Macca will outlive us all.

• Haha 1

I'd say the generally drug averse and conspicuous gym bunny Roger Daltry will be the last man standing. Macca was a hard core smoker for decades and Ringo's clean up came after a lengthy period pouring serious abuse into his diminutive frame so neither of them has the same form as Rog.

Another necessary thread.

• Like 1

File under 'Who Cares'

1 minute ago, Toast said:

File under 'Who Cares'

Actually, I do. Purely because on the day either of the two remaining Beatles die, I will never hear the end of it from my diehard Beatles fan wife. :D

6 minutes ago, msc said:

Actually, I do. Purely because on the day either of the two remaining Beatles die, I will never hear the end of it from my diehard Beatles fan wife. :D

Sounds like the perfect time to arrange to be on a work conference of some sort. 

32 minutes ago, msc said:

OK, but still, it doesn't matter 'Who's Next', iyswim.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Another necessary thread.

Says the guy who made more necessary thread than anyone else...

This was a very recent video by Ringo talking about his 77th birthday tomorrow, and he still looks very healthy. His hair might even be legitimately brown (though using the dye wouldn't surprise me either). https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154843714797677&id=8829052676

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

This was a very recent video by Ringo talking about his 77th birthday tomorrow, and he still looks very healthy. His hair might even be legitimately brown (though using the dye wouldn't surprise me either). https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154843714797677&id=8829052676

Point taken but...

Young Ringo was so ill he spent a fair proportion of his school-age years in hospital after which he spent the years from 1973 to around 1980 partying (incl. much cocaine and alcohol); all of which mileage attacked a skinny and not very tall human body. He's cleaned up mightily since but the smoking was long term and the original health problems included lung disease. There's trouble lurking to ambush him at some point.

23 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Point taken but...

Young Ringo was so ill he spent a fair proportion of his school-age years in hospital after which he spent the years from 1973 to around 1980 partying (incl. much cocaine and alcohol); all of which mileage attacked a skinny and not very tall human body. He's cleaned up mightily since but the smoking was long term and the original health problems included lung disease. There's trouble lurking to ambush him at some point.

Aye, there's probably lots of OAP rocker/pop hearts out there which resemble ticking timebombs.

Though odds are, 30 seconds after Stevie Nicks dies of sudden heart attack, someone will post on here: "What a miss for the Deathlist!" Circle of life.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Point taken but...

Wasn't Roger Daltrey heavy on drugs as well?

Also, IIRC, Ringo is part Jewish, and they always seem to have a long life expectancy. 

EDIT: That was his former wife I was thinking of.

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Also, IIRC, Ringo is part Jewish, and they always seem to have a long life expectancy. 

You are a quick learner.

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

JR man

Ringo's Jewishness is a well-worn myth founded on his looks but with NO TRUTH TO IT WHATSOEVER. I highly recommend a wonderful book about Beatle myths (cover below) which offers chapter and verse on this and much other Beatle strangeness

And his former (now deceased wife) wasn't half Jewish, though his current wife - actress Barbara Bach - is.

51+JjkBpCuL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

drol jumping in as soon as someone's Jewish ancestry is mentioned? Stunned.

Also, is "Coming Up" by Paul the best solo single by an ex-Beatle?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

You are a quick learner.

Thank you. :D 

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

JR man

Ringo's Jewishness is a well-worn myth founded on his looks but with NO TRUTH TO IT WHATSOEVER. I highly recommend a wonderful book about Beatle myths (cover below) which offers chapter and verse on this and much other Beatle strangeness

And his former (now deceased wife) wasn't half Jewish, though his current wife - actress Barbara Bach - is.

51+JjkBpCuL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I only heard that once, though I should fact check next time. 

I always think of Ringo as one of those people who becomes a bed blocker eventually though. And heavy drug use doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't going to live a long life, I mean, look at Ozzy and Keith Richards, they have abused drugs a lot more than any of the surviving Beatles or Who members, yet they are surprisingly still going. 

Best solo Singles by ex-Beatles imo:

John Lennon: (Just Like) Starting Over

Paul McCartney: Only Love Remains

George Harrison: Got My Mind Set On You

Ringo Starr: It Don't Come Easy

Lennon: Nobody Told Me

Macca: Live and Let Die

Harrison: Blow Away

Ringo: Thomas the Tank narration

Though, on actually Wiki'ing this, seems most of their better tracks weren't singles...

• Like 1

Just now, msc said:

Ringo: Thomas the Tank narration

:lol: 

Isn't Live And Let Die officially credited to Paul MCartney and Wings? :tomatododge: