Joey Russ

John McCain

McCain should be number 1 on next years list with Newton John at number 2.I think Roberta McCain should be on the list next year.Will be 106 andJohns death would likely finish her off.We had JFK's Mum and John Edwards wife on previous lists so there is a precedent.There is no way her death would go unreported in UK media.You could put her down as McCain matriarch .

• Like 1

I disagree about his mother. She seems to be more fringes of fame, and she doesn't seem to have done anything notable outside of being McCain's mother, and it isn't like the Kennedy clan, and a second look on the 2010 list shows that it was actually movie director Blake Edwards, not Elizabeth Edwards who made the list. Of course, McCain himself definitely should be on the list next year. That's why he got his own thread...

• Like 1

Yeah John must be DL 2018 unless he dies before then.

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I disagree about his mother. She seems to be more fringes of fame, and she doesn't seem to have done anything notable outside of being McCain's mother, and it isn't like the Kennedy clan, and a second look on the 2010 list shows that it was actually movie director Blake Edwards, not Elizabeth Edwards who made the list. Of course, McCain himself definitely should be on the list next year. That's why he got his own thread...

Eliabeth was on the 2008 list.

2 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Eliabeth was on the 2008 list.

I checked. No she wasn't on the 2008 list. I think the reason people think she was on the list (I checked her date of death and it was 2010) was because another person whose last name was Edwards, in this case movie director Blake Edwards, died around the same time and was on the list as well...

Err, the obvious line about "should have gone to Specsavers"?

elizabeth.png

5 minutes ago, msc said:

elizabeth.png

IMG_0385.GIF

12 minutes ago, msc said:

elizabeth.png

Aye Lamotta - the man's durability is astounding.

Karzai is also still breathing (60 on Christmas Eve - all being well); though his appearance on that list was mainly down to having a very dangerous job at the time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Saw the heroic tweet above but I'm picturing Trump quietly slamming one fist into the other palm and mouthing "Yes!!" as his most vocal critic in Washington gets slowly taken out of the game

"He's a loser. Winners conquer tumours!" 

• Like 1

Looks like he could be the first GOP nominee to die since Reagan.

• Like 2

I wonder if Trump will do the eulogy.That would be fun !

14 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

He has Glibiostoma,which is what Paul Van-Zandlviet did. 100% should be on the list if he is alive Jan 1

Gord Downie has it too.Other notable sufferers in the past are Ted Kennedy and Beau Biden.I saw a neighbor die from it a few years ago.A very nasty way to go.

• Like 1

The fact that the tumour has already caused a blood clot and that there is no talk of surgery to remove part of the tumor are both bad signs.He might make 2018 but I would say has pretty much zero chance of making 2019.

21 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I wonder if Trump will do the eulogy.That would be fun !

I'm pretty sure he will deliver A eulogy but maybe not the main one, expect that to be either Lindsey Graham or his mother/daughter/wife. McCain is extremely prominent as a politician and especially as a former Republican Presidential Nominee. Expect Obama, Trump, Romney, the Bushes (provided Sr is still alive), maybe Clinton and Carter and all the current Congress to show up.

It'll be awkward though, with their previous feuds. Something tells me Trump and McCain will reconcile their differences before McCain bows out though.

13 hours ago, chiesa52 said:

Glioblastoma is going to be very hard to beat, if they didn't get it all. Chemo doesn't work very well on brain cancers, so that just leaves radiation.  A pretty bleak picture.

58 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

The fact that the tumour has already caused a blood clot and that there is no talk of surgery to remove part of the tumor are both bad signs.

The statement released by his office seems to contradict you there, although the wording is a bit confusing:

Scanning done since the procedure (a minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision) shows that the tissue of concern was completely resected by imaging criteria.

The Senator and his family are reviewing further treatment options with his Mayo Clinic care team. Treatment options may include a combination of chemotherapy and radiation.

Ah I see.Well at least that improves the odds of him seeing 2018 substantially.

3 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

McCain should be number 1 on next years list with Newton John at number 2.I think Roberta McCain should be on the list next year.Will be 106 andJohns death would likely finish her off.We had JFK's Mum and John Edwards wife on previous lists so there is a precedent.There is no way her death would go unreported in UK media.You could put her down as McCain matriarch .

Number 1 should be Stefan Karl if he survive this year.

Just now, Prophet said:

He won`t.

• Like 1

Just now, Prophet said:

Even if he does survive the year, he is nowhere as notable as John McCain or Olivia Newton-John, so I have to disagree.

• Like 2

tweeting optimistically:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

tweeting optimistically:

Unfortunately? Wouldn't he be greatful to come back to congress? 

EDIT: Well this is embarrassing, misread something again. This is not my day, is it...

4 hours ago, LilyForrester said:

I'm pretty sure he will deliver A eulogy but maybe not the main one, expect that to be either Lindsey Graham or his mother/daughter/wife. McCain is extremely prominent as a politician and especially as a former Republican Presidential Nominee. Expect Obama, Trump, Romney, the Bushes (provided Sr is still alive), maybe Clinton and Carter and all the current Congress to show up.

It'll be awkward though, with their previous feuds. Something tells me Trump and McCain will reconcile their differences before McCain bows out though.

Given his status as a war hero, his prominence, and the outpouring of support from just about every major US politician, do you think we can expect him to lie in state in the Capitol? The last person to do so was Daniel Inouye, Senate President Pro Temp and another war hero, in 2012. Before that, the last non-President was Claude Pepper in 1989.

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Yes John should be a DL pick next year and I agree that his mother is a fringe pick.

• Like 3