Joey Russ

John McCain

21 hours ago, Sean said:

Also were widely seen as future presidents but never made it.Both also from political dynasties and had mothers who lived well into their 100s.How big was John McCain in the US before 2008 ?I had never heard of him before then but knew who Ted Kennedy Bob Dole Walter Mondale etc were from as long as I can remember.

John McCain was a notable war "hero" from the 1970's from being trapped in Hanoi. He was elected to the senate in 1986 and was a pretty well respected and known member.

As previously states, he ran in 2000. Of course he rose to enormous national status in 2008 but he was well known to any american who payed attention to their nation's politics. 

In other words, he was just as well known as Dole, senior us senators with a status as "war hero" by the general public. 

On 7/21/2017 at 00:03, CarolAnn said:

I think Jeff Flake is pretty safe. Arizona is not a bastion of liberalism for  all its proximity to California. 

Nope. Jeff Flake is out now...

Would've been on track to be primaried by a tea party loon had he stayed in.

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Would've been on track to be primaried by a tea party loon had he stayed in.

He already was being primaried by surgeon and state politician Kelli Ward. Evil looking bitch, I know. She also was very kind and primaried McCain last year, and also called on McCain to resign so she could be given his seat. Sadly, she doesn't understand a special election would have to be held. 

Contrary to her challenge to McCain, Flake's approval hovered just lower than Trump's meager 35-40 percent approval. In fact, Ward lead Flake in some polls.

If Flake somehow conquered Ward, he would have to face MILF, former homeless sympathy beggar, and U.S. representative Kyrsten Sinema.

Sinema also even leads Ward in some polls.

Aye Ward who I was referring to. I thought "primaried" meant an incumbent getting defeated by a new opponent in a party primary rather than the challenge in itself - my mistake.

God bless McCain, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker and everyone else with the guts to speak out against the human chimpanzee Donald Trump. I know you will all agree with me on that

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

God bless McCain, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker and everyone else with the guts to speak out against the human chimpanzee Donald Trump. I know you will all agree with me on that

Not necessarily...

Chimpanzees are capable of learning from their mistakes and have never, as far as I am aware, been white supremacist two faced backstabbers with the launch codes to human annihilation...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Eh. They're only doing it because the NRA and Senate money mean nothing to them or their re-election bid (They're all going to die or retire soon)

The real heroes are those that are making themselves vulnerable with their votes (Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, etc)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I don't necessarily agree that Flake was in that much danger - it's too early to depend on polls and the power of the Republican machine can't be easily discounted. Disliked by his party, yes, but with McCain's health and the insanity of the only other current option I doubt they would have let him flounder. The idea of the outsider is being sorely tested by Trump. I can't count the number of times I have seen incumbents pull from behind when the political will hit the wheel even without an idiot president. Nevertheless, he took himself out, and I choose to believe that at least 1/8 of what he said was heartfelt. 

The midterms will be interesting. Unfortunately neither of my senators is in serious danger. I need to win the lottery, buy an island and set myself up as dictator for life. 

5 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

I don't necessarily agree that Flake was in that much danger - it's too early to depend on polls and the power of the Republican machine can't be easily discounted. Disliked by his party, yes, but with McCain's health and the insanity of the only other current option I doubt they would have let him flounder. The idea of the outsider is being sorely tested by Trump. I can't count the number of times I have seen incumbents pull from behind when the political will hit the wheel even without an idiot president. Nevertheless, he took himself out, and I choose to believe that at least 1/8 of what he said was heartfelt. 

The midterms will be interesting. Unfortunately neither of my senators is in serious danger. I need to win the lottery, buy an island and set myself up as dictator for life. 

If Flake stayed in, I would have predicted a Roy Moore style takedown by Kelli Ward in the primary (Recent poll had Ward up by 16%)

Kyrsten Sinema would have easily beaten both Ward and Flake. 

If the power of the GOP power machine can barely hold up Roy Moore in Alabama (Polls have him tied with Democrat Doug Jones), there is no doubt in my mind that a popular U.S. representative with the female card and the "I was poor" card can sweep the state against a menopausal extremist.

1 hour ago, NJD123 said:

His Daughter got married a few days ago - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5110115/PICTURED-Inside-fairytale-wedding-Meghan-McCain.html

Wedding brought forward because of his health? They were only engaged 3 weeks ago.

Maybe they dated for a while and wanted a short engagement?

Engagement length doesn't necessarily indicate a rushed or short lived relationship.

2 hours ago, NJD123 said:

His Daughter got married a few days ago - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5110115/PICTURED-Inside-fairytale-wedding-Meghan-McCain.html

Wedding brought forward because of his health? They were only engaged 3 weeks ago.

From your link:

On November 2, Meghan revealed on The View that she had been engaged to The Federalist publisher for a while and chose to keep it a secret. 

'We have been together for years and we have been engaged for a while and it was a secret,' she shared with her co-hosts. 

She revealed that the pair decided to get married after her father was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive stage 4 brain cancer, over the summer.

So he is a strong candidate for the next year deathlist ?

Medical speaking... what are the chances he can survive the 2018 with that kind of cancer? 

7 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Medical speaking... what are the chances he can survive the 2018 with that kind of cancer? 

About as much chance as him waking up tomorrow with his face being sat on by Donald Trump's barber.

4 hours ago, Deadpool said:

What are the chances of him making 2018 start line

Don't see why you would rush the planning of a wedding just for the sake of it.

He looks gaunt in the wedding photos.

Glioblastoma has average life expectancy of 15 months and is the most aggressive form of brain cancer there is.Bear in mind McCain is also 81 meaning treatment will take it's toll on him quicker.

The wedding was definitely linked to McCain's illness Meghan has said as much.It could also be due to granny McCain.Doesnt look like she made the wedding but at 105 3/4 may have wanted to see her granddaughter settled before she goes.

19 minutes ago, Deathbysnoosnoo said:

What are the chances of him making 2018 start line

Don't see why you would rush the planning of a wedding just for the sake of it.

He has a truly awful form of cancer but has undergone surgery and treatment  is otherwise healthy for his age and has the best healthcare you could imagine so a  fairly good chance he will last the next 6 weeks.Odds of him making 2019 or 2020 are quite poor though

2 hours ago, Sean said:

469F464C00000578-0-image-a-5_1511414054887.jpg

What happened to his leg? Did he have a fall or something?

He had a tear in his Achilles heel as I mentioned earlier in the thread...

• Thanks 1