Joey Russ

John McCain

I ain't buying it.  Sick yes dying no, or his daughter is the biggest dolt in DP sourcing history (daddy is swell people, just SWELL).  Gonna be an all-around big old swing and miss for SC if he leaves us in May.  He was one of my last 10 cuts DDP, I just refused to field 8-point names.  
SC

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I ain't buying it.  Sick yes dying no, or his daughter is the biggest dolt in DP sourcing history (daddy is swell people, just SWELL).  Gonna be an all-around big old swing and miss for SC if he leaves us in May.  He was one of my last 10 cuts DDP, I just refused to field 8-point names.  
SC

Seems a bit odd that you didn’t choose him yet you chose Richard Haag, another 8 point name, isn’t it? (McCain is worth 9 points btw)...

4 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I would bet on a posthumous release.

Should help cover funeral expenses in any case 

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Seems a bit odd that you didn’t choose him yet you chose Richard Haag, another 8 point name, isn’t it? (McCain is worth 9 points btw)...

I explained once that Haag was given to me by the DP Gods and I promised said Gods I would use him no matter what.  I was aware his point total.  I think I only have two under even 11 points.  But who will enjoy some Haag-en-Dies any more than me?  
SC

His term officially ends in January 2023. Obviously he won't make it but it shows pessimism towards his future. Wonder if his memoir was written by somebody else but co-produced by him, like what HW did a couple of years ago. Sad case.

Read a chapter of his memoir on NPR today. I'll try to find a recording to listen to how he sounds now.

Just listened to what he said on NPR. Sounds raspy and frail, what caught my ear was "I may be gone before you read this." The book will be released on May 22nd. Very sad decline, I hope he can somehow pull through.

At this point, I just wish that he would die peacefully with his family surrounded by him. John McCain has definitely declined recently ever since he “temporarily” left the senate in December, and it sounds like that he’s suffering a great deal right now. While there are many issues I disagree with him on, someone who has served his country for much of his lifetime doesn’t deserve to be in that frail of a state. I don’t think there’s really much he can do at this point, so I hope that he spends his final days with his family and friends so he can see the people he knows once more before he inevitably goes to the grave.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

At this point, I just wish that he would die peacefully with his family surrounded by him. John McCain has definitely declined recently ever since he “temporarily” left the senate in December, and it sounds like that he’s suffering a great deal right now. While there are many issues I disagree with him on, someone who has served his country for much of his lifetime doesn’t deserve to be in that frail of a state. I don’t think there’s really much he can do at this point, so I hope that he spends his final days with his family and friends so he can see the people he knows once more before he inevitably goes to the grave.

Couldn't agree more. My mate's mum got diagnosed with glio around the same time as McCain/Jowell and she's really putting all of her energy into extending her life. This is a once very strong 40-year-old. She has to choose between destroying her body so she doesn't die, or having a peaceful month and then being bedridden.

McCain's twice that age. Of course he doesn't have the same physical strength to endure treatment after treatment. The end result will always be the same. At this stage in the game, the best thing that could happen to him is probably dying now before he has to deal with any more painful shit. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, markb4 said:

I don't know how trustworthy a news source like TMZ is, but according to them, John McCain's funeral is already being planned. Again, take with a grain of salt as it is TMZ.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/05/john-mccain-funeral-donald-trump-mike-pence/

People often plan their funeral years before their death, so more likely than not it’s true. Of course, McCain will probably be going soon rather than later...

• Like 1

They're planning his funeral http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/386359-mccains-inner-circle-planning-on-having-pence-not-trump-at-funeral-report I can't believe how quickly he's declined . I thought he might last a couple of years, longer than Ted Kennedy anyway , but doesn't look very likely now ! 

Wow, if he's probably not going to make it anytime soon. Let's not forget his mother Roberta McCain is 106 years old and will probably be shocked by her son's death and then what will happen. Pretty sad though. :(

The fact that they are making this public combined with what we know of his health seems to indicate to me that McCain's death is very very imminent.

TMZ is usually a reliable and well informed source. It was completely wrong with Rick Ross and probably exaggerated Kamala's situation last fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

Wow, if he's probably not going to make it anytime soon. Let's not forget his mother Roberta McCain is 106 years old and will probably be shocked by her son's death and then what will happen. Pretty sad though. :(

I’d hardly have thought she’d be shocked as she’s surely aware he is seriously ill 

McCain has encouraged Biden to stay in politics- looks like he wants Biden to go after Trump, a guy that they both dislike! I also read another article in which he expresses regret that he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate- very smart, since that is what lost him the election:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-mccain-encouraged-joe-biden-to-stay-in-politics

On 5/4/2018 at 17:53, Joey Russ said:

I totally agree with this- he has been so shabbily treated by his own Party, ever since the Trump Crowd took it over- I hope that in the end, he gets the recognition and respect that he deserves

8 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

McCain has encouraged Biden to stay in politics- looks like he wants Biden to go after Trump, a guy that they both dislike! I also read another article in which he expresses regret that he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate- very smart, since that is what lost him the election:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-mccain-encouraged-joe-biden-to-stay-in-politics

Stupid as Palin is I don't think the decision cost him, would be tough for any Republican to win that election between the economic crash and how unpopular Dubya was at that point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Stupid as Palin is I don't think the decision cost him, would be tough for any Republican to win that election between the economic crash and how unpopular Dubya was at that point.

Let's just call it the last nail in his coffin, no pun intended!

• Like 1

Just now, Death Impends said:

Absolutely agree. Less than 1% of voters vote based off of who the VP nominee is. I think that voters who already supported McCain could care less who his VP was, and Obama voters weren't going to support him regardless. It was the economic collapse and growing dissatisfaction with the war in Iraq that gave Obama the election. If McCain chose somebody slightly  more..... coherent??? Like Tim Pawlenty, Kay Bailey Hutchison, or Olympia Snowe I doubt it would have changed much.