Joey Russ

John McCain

Remember Trump wandering creepily behind Clinton during the debates?

McCain did exactly that as well to Obama. Plus McCain never really addressed how he would fix the financial issues, much less than anything else.

Anyhow, here's a skit SNL did. It's worth watching how far they had to go to make McCain look more out of touch than he actually was:

Mccain has told friends that he doesn't want Trump at his funeral.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Stupid as Palin is I don't think the decision cost him, would be tough for any Republican to win that election between the economic crash and how unpopular Dubya was at that point.

Nail in the coffin rather than the tipping point, imo. Although, arguably, the bigger tipping point was whoever convinced him that he didn't win the nomination through being John McCain and had to be more like a typical Bush era Republican after 8 years of Bush.

Still think he'd have lost though, given his opponent.

7 hours ago, msc said:

Nail in the coffin rather than the tipping point, imo. Although, arguably, the bigger tipping point was whoever convinced him that he didn't win the nomination through being John McCain and had to be more like a typical Bush era Republican after 8 years of Bush.

Still think he'd have lost though, given his opponent.

Eh. He was still tied up with Obama right before the economic crash. Many people thought Obama would fuck up the Democrats' chances and that Hillary would have been the better opponent to McCain. That's why many Republicans voted in the Democratic primary in states that had open primaries, and they voted for Obama as they considered him weaker than Clinton.

3 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Eh. He was still tied up with Obama right before the economic crash. Many people thought Obama would fuck up the Democrats' chances and that Hillary would have been the better opponent to McCain. That's why many Republicans voted in the Democratic primary in states that had open primaries, and they voted for Obama as they considered him weaker than Clinton.

Yes, but to flip that: Many people thought Trump would fuck up the Republican chances and that Donald would have been the better opponent to Clinton. That's why many... etc etc.

In short, people sorely underestimated Obama's appeal to a wide base (his pluses of being a sharp debater, having the gift of the gab and looking good in a suit are the triple whammy of US Presidential candidates) and massively overestimate Hilary's, even now. McCain would have beaten Clinton, would have beaten Kerry, probably Gore. He wasn't beating the Obama machine GOTV strategy in the states that mattered.

McCain had several issues though.

He was a Republican who had, along with Bush Jnr, put the USA 10 trillion in debt.

He then wanted to put the USA further in debt by buying up the sub-prime mortgages.

His answer to getting out of that debt was to make the American people work harder. Particularly Joe The Plumber. To make up for the bankers fucking the country. (See David Cameron and Theresa May's policies - yes, the British are much more prone to self-flagellation).

Rescue packages for the banks and Wall Street were being paid for junkets and bonuses.

The American people were as I understand it sometimes working two or three jobs just to get by, and were now in danger of losing their homes and businesses.

Things had to drastically change. McCain might actually have won against Hillary, even with that sordid message on the economy.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Phantom said:

Mccain has told friends that he doesn't want Trump at his funeral.

Most of Donald Trumps family probably don't want him at their funeral ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BREAKING - Meghan McCains best  friend just said on CNN that Sen McCain could be in h is 'final days or hours' . I  guess she should know if anyone does !

Also his son in law is talking about it being 'the end'  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/6/john-mccain-reflecting-end-amid-brain-cancer-battl/

Looking more and more like McCain will be hit no 5 ! 

• Like 1

Still issuing statement to the Senate urging them not to do shit.

Arrogant bastard then.

Sen. McCain urges fellow Senators to vote against pro-torture CIA Director nominee Gina Haspel.

Oh look a new entry in John McCain thread.

“Mark forum as read.”

I don't know which one of John or his mother Roberta (Born in 1912) will die first… What an exciting stroke !

24 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I don't know which one of John or his mother Roberta (Born in 1912) will die first… What an exciting stroke !

with that said, I think that their deaths will be really consecutive : if John dies first, I believe that it could be the "breaking event" of her mother's centenarian heart. If Roberta dies first, then I think that It could also be the event which could finally push him from the edge of the hole… I won't be surprised if they both died in 2 weeks. 

28 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

What an exciting stroke !

Interesting word choice...

1422240146_462201260_debbie-reynolds-carrie-fisher-zoom.jpg

• Like 1

White House aide on McCain's opposition to CIA Director Nominee Gina Haspel: "He's dying anyway."

Sidenote: Happy 1,000 posts to me :) 

• Like 4

Veterans association accidentally prematurely announces death of McCain, and apologise. Don't think McCains in any state to challenge the Swarbrick record on this sort of thing, though. (Or perhaps even the DiMaggio one...)

Meanwhile he is improving and will probably be out of hospital soon.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Meanwhile he is improving and will probably be out of hospital soon.

Let's hope so, so that he can annoy president Trump some more...

• Like 2

A veterans group mistakenly announced his death.

Edit: :clivedunn:

13 hours ago, msc said:

Veterans association accidentally prematurely announces death of McCain, and apologise. Don't think McCains in any state to challenge the Swarbrick record on this sort of thing, though. (Or perhaps even the DiMaggio one...)

Same thing happened with Barbara Bush and she died for real shortly after. But it makes you realize how eager some organizations are for high profile deaths :sherlock:

i think that, in the case of barbara, she was dead and everyone was told to be quiet but someone brought the news in the newspapers or the tabloids So the family had to  spill the info sooner than they want to. Maybe it's the same for McCain, don't u think ? 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

i think that, in the case of barbara, she was dead and everyone was told to be quiet but someone brought the news in the newspapers or the tabloids So the family had to  spill the info sooner than they want to. Maybe it's the same for McCain, don't u think ? 

Er, no, I don’t think so...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/05/2018 at 04:36, Joey Russ said:

Er, no, I don’t think so...

look; for every political deaths (and even cultural ones) some spokesman lay the foundation to prepare the population to the disparition of a celebrity : for Nelson Mandela for example, the spokesmen voiced that he was ill and at the end of his life, for Johnny Hallyday also, a few days before his death, a rumor based on reliable sources told us that he was already dead (3 days later, her wife announced it officially), as to Reagan, some official spokesmen nowadays say that he has passed away a few days before the official announcement of his wife. So I won't feel surprise if we learn one day that every important person died one or two days before the official announcement. 

He celebrated his 37th (and probably last) anniversary with his wife yesterday: 

15 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

He celebrated his 37th (and probably last) anniversary with his wife yesterday: 

I presume that this is not an updated photo.

• Like 1