Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

DDP 2018 Town Hall

Maybe a new bonus for having your whole team die (and obit)? Not much, 25 pts at most.

Can anyone find any evidence of Isis, Isil or Abu Sayyaff confirming that Isnilon Hapilon is dead? Because if not, would he still not count as dead for current DDP purposes, even though opposing forces have taken DNA samples from his corpse?

"We have his DNA, his body, his mum has identified the corpse, and so has his local priest."

"I am his successor, I am not announcing his death."

"But you succeeded him!"

"Don't care. Not announcing it."

"Why?"

"Simple. I'm not letting those infidels get that far ahead of me in the Derby Dead Pool, for shame!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where the heck is he on the DDP? I can't see him between Thor Hansen and Mo Haque?

Can the theme team league be entirely separated from serious contenders, and three entries to each be permitted?

What's a serious DDP contender?

Ah, so 3 teams for general and 3 teams for theme, making six teams each player.

Sounds great for participants, sounds like a nightmare for runner...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah, so 3 teams for general and 3 teams for theme, making six teams each player.

Sounds great for participants, sounds like a nightmare for runner...

Sounds terrible. That's 120 people. That doesn't fit into an 100 person shortlist at all!

Wee obsessive compulsive list joke for you all..

2 hours ago, msc said:

What's a serious DDP contender?

Apologies "serious contender" was perhaps maybe not the best phrasing - a normal team would have perhaps been better - as Cobbles to a Coffin currently beating Kervorkian Clinic shows theme teams can be better than serious teams. A team that has been submitted with the intention of winning rather than the intention of banding together a group of similar people. Anything that wouldn't currently be classed as theme teams. Also perhaps 2 entries for the main competition and two entries to the theme team so it's only four teams a player.

Since we’re heading close to the time that a new DDP thread is opened, can Spade potentially reveal what changes are going to happen during next year’s DDP? 

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 14:45, Joey Russ said:

Since we’re heading close to the time that a new DDP thread is opened, can Spade potentially reveal what changes are going to happen during next year’s DDP? 

I think the above is becoming pertinent.

I think the opening for entries for next year normally happens around this week. I'm finalising my teams and would like to get them in before the festive. Not terribly urgent for me (I normally punt the teams in around mid-December) but if folk like Phantom of the Midway are off on holiday or away, the situation might be a little more keen, especially if there are to be changes to the rules.

Anyway, good luck to TMIB in his last few weeks and to Spade who has to deal with the forthcoming deluge....

• Like 2

Understood. The new thread is coming within a short period of time. The only rule change for 2k18 will be the banning of death notices as QOs.

• Like 5

So local BBC obits aren't coming back? Boo...

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

So local BBC obits aren't coming back? Boo...

giving-thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

On 14/08/2017 at 14:07, Spade_Cooley said:

I am bowing out. Like I said, two years as gamerunner, then I'm back to win the 2020 title. Marián Čišovský's already pencilled in.

Bump

Edit: Also funny that neither Spade nor I picked him. I mentioned Cisovsky as a possibility for 2020, but only because I remembered Spade's post above.

I thought he'd last a bit longer.

I did see a health update last year in Czech which felt like the beginning of the end, but it also mentioned he was still mentally there, so that along with Ricksen burn out was why I didn’t pick him. Statistically though, it was definitely his time...

I'm blaming it all on my December 30th-January 2nd bout of food poisoning. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Bump

Edit: Also funny that neither Spade nor I picked him. I mentioned Cisovsky as a possibility for 2020, but only because I remembered Spade's post above.

Your sig needs an update btw....