The Mad Hatter

The fucked did they do this site

Good to see chat back, not keen on the new forum sections, and bit bonkers they've gone and made Deathray an admin, but so it goes. Certainly HUGE changes to this forum compared to half an hour ago!

:P

New forum layout looks a bit strange.

Just noticed that I can't change the forum layout back to the classic look no more. :( 

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Just noticed that I can't change the forum layout back to the classic look no more. :( 

"Classic" is a bit of a value judgement, mind

The four founding fathers hereabouts doubtless think the classic look was on paper!

Other notes:

• Whenever someone quotes some, the quote box looks way too small.
  • Not sure why our names need to be boxed on the profile, but so it goes
  • Each individual post seems to be in it's own rectangle, and while I don't think there's anything that can change that, it does look quite distracting 
  • On the plus side, at least the color template on each profile looks cool, I guess

Definitely going to need some time to adjust to this...

Last thing, is there a reason why the logo on the tabs at the top look so scrunched?

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 5.08.04 PM.png

Oh, are there some differences? :reading-glasses:

Unpopular opinion: I like it. It makes scrolling through threads easier on my eyes. I also have to disagree with Joey, the boxed posts make it more clear of whose post is whose. 

Hot takes: The boxed name makes me think I can changed my name and the new colored background makes it feel like I can change the background (which I would enjoy).

Regardless, I like the new clearer set up. Not the best update but I don't have much to complain about other than the profile name box and background.

It is early and I am still hungover from a spangling on Friday night but I can’t see anything different.

Privacy policy at the bottom is only change to my eyes.

1 hour ago, charon said:

Privacy policy at the bottom is only change to my eyes.

Aye GDPR compliant and openly considerate and responsible in doing so. I mean, some people think this whole dead pooling thing is sick and then you see responsible management like that!

• Like 1

Lolololololol

Paul must be trying to finance the Fort :D

If you breach these Terms and Conditions by sending any unsolicited bulk email (spam) or any other bulk communications to users your actions will cause harm to us and to the forum. Such harm is difficult to quantify and as such you agree to pay us the sum of up to £50 for each and every individual email or other communication sent to a user or third party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, charon said:

Lolololololol

Paul must be trying to finance the Fort :D

Yeah, good luck with getting any dosh out of Mr Chan of Shanghai. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cat O'Falk said:

@Death Impends

Oblong avatars are now being stretched to a square. For example @maryportfuncity:

MPFC.jpg

@Toast and @msc are more examples.

Looking into the forum code and seeing if it can be refixed. Will keep you updated

EDIT: Tried to reimplement max-width and max-height functions for avatars since that did the trick last time but no longer seems to work, will keep looking for other possible solutions

• Thanks 1

I just noticed this. I think it’s just a nice little tidbit we all have now, though it’s not concerning at all, of course. 

91C1C990-653D-4900-AB3A-DBFB09C7A159.png

• Confused 1

86C42FE8-F786-4DD7-B6AA-382A5F57ED7B.thumb.jpeg.1b6980545d45f864b20cc7f022f59c3e.jpeg

I like this! I’m fascinated to see that a) I’m much less of a giver than a receiver (fnar fnar) and b) I don’t appear to ever have confused anybody (yes, alright, go for it here you obvious cunts) and c) Mad Hatter is a shit.

• Confused 1
  • Angry 1

It's also nice to see that b) doesn't force itself into B) anymore. 

• Angry 1

35 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I just noticed this. I think it’s just a nice little tidbit we all have now, though it’s not concerning at all, of course. 

91C1C990-653D-4900-AB3A-DBFB09C7A159.png

Sorry Joey, your post told me that I'd apparently never used the "wtf" rep button before. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Sorry Joey, your post told me that I'd apparently never used the "wtf" rep button before. :D

It's okay, though I think you should've used that on Quim Reaper. I heard that he never received a confused emoji before. :P 

EDIT: Fine, I'll do it myself...

21 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Oh, are there some differences? :reading-glasses:

GDPR compliance primarily, so not really worth the fucking wait. Other than a slightly lighter colour scheme.

13 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye GDPR compliant and openly considerate and responsible in doing so. I mean, some people think this whole dead pooling thing is sick and then you see responsible management like that!

I see they've finally banned under 16s as well, presumably the 15 year old users (of which I'm sure there's a couple??) will be disappearing. 

22 hours ago, msc said:

Good to see chat back, not keen on the new forum sections, and bit bonkers they've gone and made Deathray an admin, but so it goes. Certainly HUGE changes to this forum compared to half an hour ago!

:P

I read this and for one second thought you were serious and was bewildered, damn; could have had so much fun with that. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

I see they've finally banned under 16s as well, presumably the 15 year old users (of which I'm sure there's a couple??) will be disappearing. 

I'm not sure if there's anyone under 16 at the website at the moment. All the people who joined before 16 afaik is at least 16 years of age at this point and time...

Even then there should be some sort of aptitude test. 

Squeaky Sir Creep wheel got greased with chat room.  Oh they’ll tell you it was already in the works....but cmon

SC