Sir Creep

ALS/MND/other degenerative diseases

If you guys are looking for names to fill up for your ALS theme team next year, how about Michael Yochim, author of some books about Yellowstone.

Political campaigner Ady Barkan is questioning Democratic contenders while his health is getting worse:

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/09/03/politics/ady-barkan-bernie-sanders-health-care-interview/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&rm=1

But then, Fernando Ricksen's health has been getting worse for years now.

Of course she dies the year after a bunch of contenders who jokered her dropped her. Oh well...

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Of course she dies the year after a bunch of contenders who jokered her dropped her. Oh well...

I wouldn't be down in the dumps just yet. Still have to wait for an obit as she hasn't even been mentioned in UK press in nearly 2 years.

Given the contentious debate that is currently going with euthanasia I'd be stunned if she didn't get a UK QO

25 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Given the contentious debate that is currently going with euthanasia I'd be stunned if she didn't get a UK QO

She just got a tweet from a BBC journalist, so I’m guessing something is coming within the next half hour or so: 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

A bunch but not everyone....

Surely she will QO - I think a film about her life is due out shortly - but did she die naturally?

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

A bunch but not everyone....

Surely she will QO - I think a film about her life is due out shortly - but did she die naturally?

No euthanasia.

All tragic and such, but what does her death announcement do in the ALS thread? She did not suffer from ALS but a different degenerative muscle desease. This all would fit better in the "Olympic deaths" thread.

• Like 2

Sad news but it was what she wanted.

Her and Leah in a short time - the two youngish ill females big on this website both gone.

1 hour ago, Whitehouse said:

All tragic and such, but what does her death announcement do in the ALS thread? She did not suffer from ALS but a different degenerative muscle desease. This all would fit better in the "Olympic deaths" thread.

It's been mentioned a few times. 

Surprising that nobody started a dedicated thread for her - she was more intriguing than many who have their own thread, since she could have gone at literally any time.

So like.... her canine needs re-housing.  Just sayin.  "I own Vervoort's mutt' would be cool to say.  All y'all should contact her people.  Surely 'what are we gonna do with this damn dug' is a priority today.

17 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

We can go around and around on this point and will never agree.  I would be appalled if her death was mentioned in that thread.  Pretend Olympics isn't real Olympics.  And pretend Olympics weren't contemplated when that thread was created.  There, I said it.  Send letters and complaints to the website Admins.
Whether she belongs here in ALS is also unlikely but here she is.  We have an assisted suicide thread …. how about that one?  Or just Deaths of 2019 catch-all.
SC

Now that Marieke is dead, we could close the thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

We can go around and around on this point and will never agree.  I would be appalled if her death was mentioned in that thread.  Pretend Olympics isn't real Olympics.  And pretend Olympics weren't contemplated when that thread was created.  There, I said it.  Send letters and complaints to the website Admins.
Whether she belongs here in ALS is also unlikely but here she is.  We have an assisted suicide thread …. how about that one?  Or just Deaths of 2019 catch-all.
SC

For me, she should be in the famous Belgians thread and no other. 

28 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Now that Marieke is dead, we could close the thread.

Or we could use it to document and keep tabs on those who ACTUALLY  have ALS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Vervoot made News at Ten.

40 minutes ago, Sean said:

Vervoot made News at Ten.

And Alt Obits wouldn't accept her as famous enough.:rolleyes:

• Like 1